It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Crashes into Glasgow Pub

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Confirmed reports of 3 dead and 9 seriously injured...police sniffer dogs now being used.....

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Sort of got my bearings now, don't think I've been in there.

Had a few texts off mates, all ok.
Still nothing off one or two, but that's nothing new - think they're ok.

Been in a pub all night myself - just can't imagine the shock and horror of it and how so many families must be worrying tonight.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Particularly I think, anyone that knows someone that was staying in the Holiday Inn Express has to check on things. That is really only one of two pubs they would have been in if they were out, either the Clutha Vaults or the Scotia Bar. I've seen Rod Stewart in there before, just because it's right across the street.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sad night for Glasgow....I pass that pub almost daily...The clutha at that time on a Friday night would have been the most populated building in the area....50 yards in any direction would have meant a huge empty car park or the clyde

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is getting worse by the minute. I feel sick.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
BBC, thank you, since STV didn't even bother their arse. Disgusted with my local new service tbh. Sick.

My God that Pilot saved dozens of lives dumping the fuel, no fire, amazing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Latest news from STV:

Three feared dead after police helicopter crashes into pub roof news.stv.tv...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just popping in to check on this breaking story. So sorry to hear such tragic news, I knew some of our members must have known of this pub. Nothing more to say other than my deepest sympathy for everyone involved.

Keep us updated please.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

This needs to be moved to the main ATS page... I had a really hard time re finding this just now. It really is of importance to some of us members, I heard about it on the way home from shopping tonight and came on for the first time in a couple of days to get the info.

Mods could you please post this on the main forum where it is not lost please?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We are able to confirm the police helicopter was a Eurocopter EC135 T2 with a crew of 3 (2 police officers & civilian pilot) #PSHelicopter

The group who were playing are called Esperanza
and looks like they are all ok. Just checked their FB page and got this:

Esperanza 2 hours ago Thanks for all the messages. I've just spoken to Jake and Jason. It seems that the band are all OK. Not so sure about everyone else.

edit on 29-11-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What kind of evil nation needs helicopters patrooling the people? We have all seen/heard the police state patrolling our skys and we are not in vietnam. Helicopters NO

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Oh man, honestly. I used to be you. I grew up though.

Get a grip of yourself and don't bother to comment on things you are only going to upset people with.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Official statements from both the Polis, and Fire Brigade still holding back on number of casualties. Knowing them as I do they won't be releasing any figures until Saturday evening..

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I've been searching everywhere and not found much else to report on. Don't know how many are dead or casualties so far. We get police helicopters around here every other day and night so take them for granted. They do a good job and dangerous as well. My heart goes out to all of them who are injured or died in this terrible accident. Could have been a lot more if as we think, was only because the pilot dumped the fuel first.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

My God I've never been so proud of a Pilot to be honest. I know how they feel about Sully now

Brilliant.

And the band that were playing are all safe, the stage is at the other end of the bar.. but still, there will be casualties / deaths. I'm very sad this morning to be honest.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Pub before the accident

Google Earth view of the area it's in

Suppose he only had the choice of the Clyde or landing on a flat roof but weight and force of the landing caved it in....I've delivered barrels of beer to,that pub many years ago

On Sky News right now, there are 125 firefighters there and still people in there waiting to be rescued.
Firemen are the unsung heroes and always will be ....

This,says it all about the human spirit doing good

Witnesses said bystanders did not flee the scene and rushed to help by creating a human chain to lift the wounded from the pub to safety.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yep, it was the river or not, as it seems. And I don't fancy his chances hitting the Clyde in darkness on a late November night. No fault at all as far as I'm concerned to the Pilot. Those buildings to the rear of the pub are 'graded' ruins, they're a lot higher than the pub roof and anything else on the main drag, he was probably trying to avoid slamming right into them.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I think the pilot did a brilliant job in doing what he did. The place was possibly busy with people and cars everywhere so thought bar the river, best place to land was the roof. Maybe he only had seconds to decide.
Here's what I found on the type of helicopter that crashed:

Eurocopter EC135
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EC135

The Eurocopter EC135 is a twin-engine civil helicopter produced by Eurocopter, widely used amongst police and ambulance services and for executive transport. It is capable of flight under instrument flight rules (IFR) and is outfitted with digital flight controls. Entering service in 1996, over a thousand aircraft have been produced to date.

Emergency Phone Number 0800 092 0410
Callers should ONLY contact the Casualty Bureau number if they have concerns for relatives who may have been in the Clutha Vaults pub or surrounding area at the time of the incident.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Eyewitnesses saying the copter "Fell like a stone". Has to be a technical fault if that's the case. Heavy blame on the manufactures coming up.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yes,I agree. Think I would have done the same if I was the pilot. Don't fancy any chance of survival landing in the Clyde at night, bad enough if it was during the day ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join