It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check you ingredients in your toothpaste

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i use clinomyn which is 1000ppm f and now they have changed it to also add aluminium silicate
aswell as flouride so i urge you to check your toothpaste
i know people will say buy one without flouride but our supermarkets dont stock them

i was wondering what effect this could have on me as im the only one who uses it

but it now says its 1445ppm f

so please check your toothpaste as i thought my toothpaste was the best i could get

it also says if ingested seek medical advice. scary to say the least
i did do a search and found aluminium in all sorts but not for health products
that could be ingested
edit on 29/11/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Use baking soda instead. I think y'all call it bicarbonate soda there.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Evening,

I recomend (if you can find it) Tom's of Maine.
Fluoride-free natural toothpaste.
(Calcium Carbonate)

-Peace-
edit on 29-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Baking soda works for me. People have commented how pretty my smile is and always ask.

All you really need is baking soda. Your teeth will look amazing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
there are just two things i had come too rely on,, in my 58 years,, that was
1. OLD SPICE ORIGINAL,,round,,green and the SAME my Dad used,,how's that for Brand Loyalty,,guess what,,,can get it anymore. here.

2. Close-UP RED toothpaste,,,not, sparkley,, or cinamon or ,,fruit flavour,, just CLose up red.Toothpaste.

oh well, had too swith to some other brand,,,,new and more,, able too axe my odour,, but im too old too smell like a cookie. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

I grew up using baking soda on my teeth and still do. Add a little peroxide for whitening. I have never had a cavity or any tooth and gum problem.

If there is a warning to not swallow on the label of tooth paste, one should probably not have it in their mouth at all.

Hiding industrial waste products in out consumer products should be against the law.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I make my own toothpaste also. Equal parts baking soda and sea salt. Then add just a little distilled water to make it into a paste.

I had my first dental check up after using it for 4 months and it was for once a perfect checkup. I haven't had a perfect checkup since I was a teenager. My teeth are also ohhhhh so much whiter. I will never go back to regular toothpaste again.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For those of you who use baking soda, have you or your dentist noticed erosion of enamel or sensitivity when use?

I have little enamel due to loosing before my teeth were formed during a very bad fever etc...

I use baking soda every once in a while to whiten but when I brush regular I loose tooth surface that is noticeable...

Just a question,

Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Baking soda is less abrasive than most if not all toothpastes out there. It ranked seven on the scale, next to water on the scale. Here's a website that has a nice breakdown of all the brands.

www.freysmiles.com...

Also, old wives tale is that you might look into oil pulling for your teeth. It's where you take coconut oil and slosh in mouth for about twenty minutes a day. I have not experimented with this yet myself but there are hordes of people out there that swear by it, especially for enamel issues. If I were you I would try it for about a month and def. come back and report to us here.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 29-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: n

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Oh my. Baking soda has never caused that problem for me, and I'm 55 and have used it all of my life.

Perhaps something else is going on with your teeth. I would think that loosing enamel would make your teeth ultra sensative.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Evening,

(Calcium Carbonate)

-Peace-

I've used that one! Nice!...Got another one too, but can't remember the name of it just now.

I've also started taking a teaspoon of organic coconut morning and night. I have lost a little weight which I needed to do, have a lot more energy, don't feel so hungry, and don't seem to be needing so much sleep!
Rainbows
Jane
edit on 29-11-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Tom's of Maine is decent and doesn't test on animals, though not fully for those Vegan or worried about Colgate-Palmolive controlling most of the company. There's other brands as well that can be bought on the net if a rarity at their location.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My son had a cavity (one dentist wanted to watch so we knew it was) and couldn't get I for awhile - it was hurting so I made some remineralizing toothpaste. Calcium carbonate powder (health food store), and a tad of diatomaceous earth (may be abrasive but whitens good and recipe called for it), calcium citrate - powdered, and I added some liquid calcium vitamin thing but its only to make it pasty so not necessary. His tooth remineralized, pain went away, and clean bill of health when we made it in. Dentist was shocked it was gone.

I will try this baking soda thing more often though. It's so simple and is a good preventative. If you want to remineralize though - I recommend the above. It really works and makes teeth very white.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My son had a cavity (one dentist wanted to watch so we knew it was) and couldn't get I for awhile - it was hurting so I made some remineralizing toothpaste. Calcium carbonate powder (health food store), and a tad of diatomaceous earth (may be abrasive but whitens good and recipe called for it), calcium citrate - powdered, and I added some liquid calcium vitamin thing but its only to make it pasty so not necessary. His tooth remineralized, pain went away, and clean bill of health when we made it in. Dentist was shocked it was gone.

I will try this baking soda thing more often though. It's so simple and is a good preventative. If you want to remineralize though - I recommend the above. It really works and makes teeth very white.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Was it calcium carbonate or calcium bicarbonate?

Either way, very interesting post.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I have heard also,that if you mix in a crushed strawberry with the baking-soda(bicarbonate of soda) it will whiten your teeth stunningly.But the bicarb by itself does do the trick,it has a whitening effect beacause of the slightly abrasive nature of it.In my country fluoride-free toothpaste can only be found at health shops+is bitterly expensive when it can be found.Maybe in the big cities it will be easier to get hold of,but I bet it will still be expensive as all heck.In my country everything Has to be a total rip-off,its like a law of nature.
So when I do use normal toothpaste,I rinse my mouth about 10 times after to expel as much as possible-actually seeing as I brush my teeth about 6 times a day,being a smoker who hates a "smoky mouth" I should just ditch the toothpaste+go with bicarb only.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Pretty much what we used as kids. Salt and soda. Use Toms otherwise.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

They are separate things.
Baking powder generally comes with added acidic ingredient.
Bicarb doesn't.

www.readersdigest.com.au...

It's all a bit vague though.

Conspiracy methinks.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Eryiedes
Evening,

(Calcium Carbonate)

-Peace-

that's what i use also, i order it by the dozen and it works well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join