It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military: 'improvised launch device' found near Air Force base in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, this one took a little thinking about what forum to put it in. However, I do believe this makes the best fit in the end. After all, what else do you call a failed attempt to launch an armed attack on a U.S. Military base, on allied soil?

An "improvised launch device" was found outside the United States' Yokota Air Force base in Tokyo on Thursday night but there were no injuries and no damage, a U.S. military spokesman in Japan said.
Source

This does appear to be fresh and with limited information by Reuters standards, but it goes on to say local police were responding to the sound of explosions by people in the area when they found the makeshift launchers.

That does come as something of a surprise, and something new to watch I suppose.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
LOL'...."improvised launch device" - they found some fireworks......
ya thought I was bad ,,,Reuters is the Master

edit on 29-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The launchers were described as metal pipes, I guess by the standard of what I am led to believe my beer bottle is also a launcher on the forth of July when I am shooting bottle rockets. The distance was 300 yards I wonder what kind of fire works they were using? When I think about a launcher I am thinking of something like a SMAW AT4 or dragon type launcher with its own firing apparatus or an improvised laucher like a spud gun, the deal here is, is that the launcher has a mechanism that is the catalyst for the actual launching of a destructive device. Seems very odd though.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I hope it was not one of these Launchers : They are capable of multiple launches simultaneously.

edit on 29-11-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Who wants to bet the "insurgents" had no idea there was a military base thereā€¦

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Well, this one took a little thinking about what forum to put it in. However, I do believe this makes the best fit in the end. After all, what else do you call a failed attempt to launch an armed attack on a U.S. Military base, on allied soil?

An "improvised launch device" was found outside the United States' Yokota Air Force base in Tokyo on Thursday night but there were no injuries and no damage, a U.S. military spokesman in Japan said.
Source

This does appear to be fresh and with limited information by Reuters standards, but it goes on to say local police were responding to the sound of explosions by people in the area when they found the makeshift launchers.

That does come as something of a surprise, and something new to watch I suppose.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

It's mostly overblown. During my 5 yrs in Japan they did this every once in a while. It's mostly pretty innocuous, mostly makes a lot of noise. Though one time a Japanese home was set on fire near my housing area in Yokohama, after their homemade launcher malfunctioned.

Here's a little more detail...

www.stripes.com...
edit on 30-11-2013 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard

top topics

join