It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaPost: End presidential term limits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They are simply exercising their kontrol.

Since there are serious concerns who BO is, where he came from, and anything he did or wrote in college, the smartest and most fit to run things are quite simply rubbing our faces in it. It's a game. This is to reward BO for hitting balls out of the park for them. Worst POTUS ever? Ha.

Not on yer life! Zionist kontrolled media to the rescue!

But they have selected Hillary, I believe. This latest move is to help them insert her as POTUS.

I shouldn't have to say this, but it's simply sport, to them. Threaten us with a dynasty of race division, while making it easier for us to accept their next (s)election. With no term limits being waved at us like a matador's cape, we will feel grateful for anything, after this one ends. Delgado's bull, on a larger scale.

At this point, what does it matter?

# 93

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by beezzer

This won't stop his most ardent fans and supporters, but even then, that's just a small percentage of the population.

While true it does put the progressives huge push to stop voter ID laws into a different perspective. After all if we can't even verify a voters then it kind of makes the whole thing a sham anyway.

Voter ID legitimatizes voting, to a degree.

No progressive politician wants that.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Personally I feel term limits have ruined the office of president.

The first term is spent looking for ways to get re-elected, the second term is spent robbing, wheeling, and dealing hard as possible to secure post presidency connection. Neither is in the best interest of this country.

Even if a president broke this mold, which they don't, there is still the issue of short term planning vs long term planning. How does a country expect to prosper and continue to exist when everything it does is 8 years at a time? 8 years is nothing for most countries, and every time we get a new prez we get a new policy.

Try building a community when every 8 years you burn it to the ground and start over. You get nowhere.

That being said, we are at a point in politics where getting rid of term limits isn't going to solve any problems, but instead cause many more problems. The whole political machine is so putrid and festering with disease getting rid of term limits at this stage would only hasten our demise.

The opposite direction really needs to be taken, yearly votes where it's incredibly easy to recall a president. If they want to stay in office longer than a year, they better make some real and obvious changes to their behavior. But then again America elected Bush twice, and elected Obama twice, it's pretty obvious the criminals are excellent at swaying votes of ignorant majority.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Instead of Bush Jr. We would probably have had another Clinton term

instead of Truman we would have had another FDR term....Instead of JFK coming to Texas to campaign he would have most likely stayed in DC and not have been shot.

I don't think presidents should have unlimited consecutive terms but 3 consecutive terms sounds reasonable to me

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The will and voice of the citizens is violated by term limits. If there is a limit on one office, why not all? If not all all, then not on one.

Doesn't matter if it is a R or a D in office either, if the people say X is their boy then X should be their boy (or girl).

If the other party doesn't like that, get better candidates.

All the term limits have done is set up lame duck second terms (or first terms in GHWB).

And again Obammy is GWB with a TAN. Why the Right hates hm is beyond me as he's done everything that TPTB wanted... continued the war, continued corporate welfare... just don't get it.

Derek

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I don't think presidents should have unlimited consecutive terms but 3 consecutive terms sounds reasonable to me

I can guarantee you wouldn't have said that if it wasn't your boy Obama and it was a Bush Jr or any Republican for that matter.......................roflmao

Your boy is on deck, so it's all good aye?

You political two party cultists crack me up.....

edit on 29-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I doubt they're really serious. Term limits have been pretty much the only thing stopping people from figuring out they're living in a dictatorship (albeit one in which the dictator changes his mask every few years).

If anything they should cut it down to one term so if they're ever going to get their hands dirty they're going to have to do it right off.
edit on 29-11-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with most here. I see Hillary as the 2016 nom. It was supposed to be 2008 but Obama threw in wrench in the works.

ETA: As a Canadian I would LOVE to have term limits up here. For ALL politicians.
edit on 29-11-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Viesczy
The will and voice of the citizens is violated by term limits.

(Holding nose) What's that smell?

If there is a limit on one office, why not all? If not all all, then not on one.

I agree. There should be one term on every office. Period.

And again Obammy is GWB with a TAN. Why the Right hates hm is beyond me as he's done everything that TPTB wanted... continued the war, continued corporate welfare... just don't get it.

That's right. You just don't get it. They DON'T hate him. They all have their roles to play because they have to sell us the idea that no matter what you believe, someone is representing you. They cannot call themselves a representative government if we all know they're all on the same team.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

You guys pushing for a single term limit don't see how it can be abused just as easily? Again they would become throw away politicians. Pay some guy millions or lube him up with contracts and have him do the dirty work in one term with zero worry of reprisal as there is no way to get reelected.

We do have some good politicians as well so how do we keep these people working for us? It goes both ways.

I like what James1982 said about having a yearly vote to see if someone gets to keep their job. That to me seems reasonable and allows for more accountability which is what we want not less.
edit on 29-11-2013 by NihilistSanta because: Gave credit to James1982

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

NihilistSanta
I like what another poster said about having a yearly vote to see if someone gets to keep their job. That to me seems reasonable and allows for more accountability which is what we want not less.

That sounds like a good idea, it is really but it costs SO much just for the polling that it is impractical.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Can you think of any past presidents you would really want in for 3 terms? I can't. Bush Jr, god help us, Clinton was humiliating, Bush 1 was a freaking spymaster. Reagan, maybe but he caused the beginning of our economic chaos with trickle down economics. Carter, too weak. Ford, who? LBJ god help us again. Kennedy perhaps but we'll never know now will we?

I'd go for Eisenhower maybe but with so many recent presidents with shortcoming I'd rather it just stay at 2 terms.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
LOL - yeah ending presidential term limits will fix everything - LOL

Your presidents, past, present and future, are puppets.

Chew slowly, the truth is hard to swallow.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well that is a tax I could get behind. I don't think cost should be an issue when we are discussing integrity but I do understand that some may see it that way. I just felt that after considering the potential abuses of limits and non-limits the best idea would be to simply allow a sort of vote of confidence held yearly by the people. This way the schills are outed and replaced at the nearest convenience instead of waiting 4 or whatever years for people to let the transgresses disappear down the memory hole or to be lulled by campaigning to support the bad apples.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm in favor of term limits.

The only thing is, the terms aren't limited enough.

The term should be limited to 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
That goes for any and all other politian scum as well. These are evil people, often socio- or psychopathic, literally. These personifications of evil and greed are some of the last people we should ever want to 'lead' us, assuming we need to be led like little children to slaughter begin with.

If the powers that be actually are able to make Obama become President for another term, the more conservative leaning population of this country simply would be pushed past their breaking point.
All of the more decent, productive, honest, and hard working Americans who have been looking forward to Obama's exit from the White House simply will not tolerate such a scenario.

8 years will be far too long as it is to suffer through his smug, condescending smile of evil as he gives the common man the shaft day after day after day after day.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

NihilistSanta

You guys pushing for a single term limit don't see how it can be abused just as easily?

Political office was designed to be abused. It's all really just a matter of the scope of it. We can't stop the abuse. As long as political offices exist, they will be abused. What I thing needs to be done is just to make them work harder for their prize.

Again they would become throw away politicians.

And there it is. That's what the whole thing is really about. The shelf life of a politician. It's all just a matter of time from the moment he/she steps into the political arena before they get so dirty they become more of a liability than anything else. Everything is about image, damage control and controlling the message. The only thing they have that's worth a damn is their (supposed) "good name".

But they all know the game. And the game of politics is self sacrifice. Their job is to go in, get as dirty as they can before it overwhelms them and take the dirt with them when they leave. That way the next guy has a clean slate. Each one of them has a piece of the agenda to install and it will remain when they leave. It's just like any other job. Someone is being paid to do somebody's dirty work.

edit on 29-11-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ted Kennedy must have been the exception that proved the rule.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ted Kennedy must have been the exception that proved the rule.

Good old Ted, what a... ? Yeah, I don't even have a word for him. If there WAS anything he was supposed to prove to us it was the senators can kill people, leave the scene of the crime and not be held accountable.

He is only one of the exceptions though. Feinstein is another.
edit on 025pm1616pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Fdr DIED...
Zombie FDR for another term?
Maybe that cool guy from Iowa that was his VP could have used his contacts in the ritual magic and Theosophy sets to bring him back to life. Maybe even make his legs work! Nah...that only happens in comics...poor Professor X.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
LOL - yeah ending presidential term limits will fix everything - LOL

Your presidents, past, present and future, are puppets.

Chew slowly, the truth is hard to swallow.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

Sigh...

It falls on deaf ears, my friend...it's nothing but Omaba bad...no, Repub guy bad...no, Librul is gonna eat my guns and foetuses...Cunservoman is evil emperor like Star Wars, loves war and poverty and Jeebus.

We can only spread the message. But it's hard for people to believe that everything they have been lead to believe is a sham. All the way back to "the founding fathers"...wealthy landowners with soft hands wanting to change rule by birth to rule by the Dollar...hook, line, and sinker...wars are fought by the poor too stupid to figure out they are but pawns for "the elites".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join