Textron Scorpion Closer to First Flight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

After thinking about it for a minute, but doesn't the Scorpion look like the A9 that was the competition for the Warthog? I can't remember who built it...Grumman I think.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: _Del_

BTW, what ever happened to the CAS turboprop program. Last year, I saw a AT6 close up and was amazed with it's technology. I guess that would be easy for a old Mohawk driver...lol.

It was won by the Super Tucano. Havent heard much since. I thought it was going to be purchased by the Afghans, but a quick look said not yet.
Still remember my first look at a Mohawk...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Del, I think the Afghans bought Su 25s for their CAS operations. The Frogfoot is a much tougher bird than the Tucano and I would bet it's cheaper too. I think that the Iraqi AF had Su 25s prior to Desert Storm so they have experience with this bird.

I enjoyed flying the Mohawk when it was clean without hanging SLAR or gas tanks on it . At about 15000 pounds its a little sports car. The only bad things were sitting on the ejection seat on long flights and it was bug ugly. I flew one from Georgia to Arizona and I didn't walk right for a few days...lol.
edit on 19-7-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Iraq bought some. Haven't heard anything out of the Afghans other than that they want F-16s and tanks, and we keep telling them that even if we gave them away literally, they cannot afford to operate them, and we're not paying to keep them running.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Del, Did they buy the CAS version or trainer?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I meant Iraq bought the Frogfoot. Super Tucano has quite a few customers though

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join