It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima/Nagasaki atomic bombs where invented Chalk River Canada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Despite what the media has claimed about where the atomic bombs where created, which they say was in the USA, is incorrect.

They where actually funded by the US and US scientist worked on it but the work was done at Chalk River Research Facility 2hrs from Ottawa Canada. They where shipped to the US upon completion and then shipped by boat overseas before being dropped. But for yrs, it has never been publicly announced about Canada creating these atomic bombs in fear of public outcry. Remember, Canadians DON'T KILL.LOL

Before 9/11, this facility used to give tours and would announce these facts.Pretty cool I think.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Do you have any links or anything?

I've never heard this...

I know Chalk River is a rich source of plutonium, and that the Uranium for the
world's first A-Bombs was refined at Port Hope, but I've never heard this before...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ray_ivory
But for yrs, it has never been publicly announced about Canada creating these atomic bombs in fear of public outcry. [...]Before 9/11, this facility used to give tours and would announce these facts.

Seems a little inconsistent.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What do you mean inconsistent though?
Canada has never publicly admitted to this because they don't want it to be known they took part in all the lives dying.

Just like they don't admit the 200 + canadian troops in Iraq that are attached to US and British units.While they are attached to these units, they are considered whatever the unit is.

They used to announce this during the tours they used to give before 9/11.
They also keep/use the plutonium/uranium from the Russian nuclear warheads there too.When they dismantle them, they bring the stuff here to Chalk River.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Hey guys,

Despite what the media has claimed about where the atomic bombs where created, which they say was in the USA, is incorrect.

They where actually funded by the US and US scientist worked on it but the work was done at Chalk River Research Facility 2hrs from Ottawa Canada. They where shipped to the US upon completion and then shipped by boat overseas before being dropped. But for yrs, it has never been publicly announced about Canada creating these atomic bombs in fear of public outcry. Remember, Canadians DON'T KILL.LOL

Before 9/11, this facility used to give tours and would announce these facts.Pretty cool I think.

Thanks for the info. I always knew the basic uranium ore came from Canada, I did not know that the 1st heavy water piles were from our northern brothers too. Now as to the fact you have stated, with out references btw, here are some links I found..

Canada's contribution to the Manhattan Project was the raw ore and the first supplies of heavy water.

www.cna.ca...

Notice: On September 5th, 1 month after the bombings Canada became the 2nd nation to have a Nuclear reactor. If the bombs were "Made in Canada" they would have had a reactor well before then.

Fat Man & Little Boy were not created in Canada. They were created in Los Alamos, New Mexico.

www.atomicmuseum.com...

But hey...Thanks Canada, we could not have done it with out ya!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am a grand student of Stan Ulam, who was a mathematician on the Manhattan Project and the bomb was made at Los Alamos. The first heavy water and uranium ore came from Canada but later there was a much more pure site for Uranium found in Colorado which is why Rocky Flats was built near Boulder.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Much of the early Uranium and Plutonium enrichment were done in St. Louis
Missouri, at a Mallinckrodt plant that is still owned today by the DOE.
Mallinckrodt is no longer located at this facility ( not sure if they are still in business) but the building is still there and underguard awating clean up as it
has been for some 30 + years..

not sure if this info fits in here but just goes to show you that our very own
WMD's come from a little bit of everywhere..

(posted By) GrndLkNatv
This is a crock of stuff..

I am a grand student of Stan Ulam, who was a mathematician on the Manhattan Project and the bomb was made at Los Alamos.

How Cool on the Mathmemtician thing I love Math but I can only seem to get so far I guess it would help to take a class on it but I am mostly self taught and primarily learn only what I need to know for Astronomy or electronics..
anyway I am envious...
geo

[edit on 11/18/2004 by geocom]

[edit on 11/18/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Did a ton of their experiements with the peat bog and radioactive rods near there on a tennis court that a University owned. They actually generated massive amounts of heat but putting in radioactive rods and getting a reaction. I have to go look at my notes to see where it was exactly.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm still wondering why there is almost a duplicate thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The design and assembly of the "Gadget" bomb (detonated at the Trinity site in White Sands, NM), along with the design and assembly (and disassembly for transport) of the "Little Boy" and the "Fat Man" bombs was done at Los Alamos, NM. There were countless other facilities (like Oak Ridge) that contributed materials, and components, but the devices themselves were wholly a Los Alamos project.

Here's a timeline of the development of the first three (a nuclear trinity, how ironic) devices.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

This is the start of what I feel is the most comprehensive dissemination on the subject of nuclear weapons.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

And a little about Chalk River Labs:

Chalk River Labs
The Chalk River Labs are built on the banks of the Ottawa River, in Ontario. They are approximately 2 hours drive up river from Ottawa. Originally built after World War II for continued allied atomic research, the labs were originally part of the National Research Council.

Please note that the Chalk River Labs were built after World War II. I know your going to present the argument that it's all cover for the brilliant (and probably French
) Canadians who really did all the work, and created the three devices as an anonymous gift to the United States

www.cins.ca...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Gezz, ever heard of Chicago? Fermi did his experiments under the bleachers of the "squash courts" at the Univeristy of CHICAGO. Gen Groves had the reactor moved to Hanford WA.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
From what I remember my advisor, Dr. C. Brase, saying he started under the bleachers but moved to Urbana with the UofI to a tennis court as it was deemed safer. Anyway, we surely learned the Monte Carlo method of Integration very well.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Hey guys,

I was watching T.V. lastnight and they were talking about the "fat boy & Little man" bombs... They then cut to videos of the bombs being built in a little town somewhere in the USA I think if I remember correct.

They said that the military came into town with all the supplies and in a matter of days turned the whole down town into a production line type facility in the town to build these bombs. When they were done they just packed up and left town.

I didnt do any reading or follow-ups on it, or even think about it untill I saw this thread. I'll try to find some information about what I was watching on T.V. lastnight. I think it was on a Canadian new channel too, or something along those lines.

[edit on 11/18/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mirthful mind- thats an easy one. I posted it in that section too.
Come on you know that. What are you confused about.

Can you tell me if Chalk River is not used for military purposes, why are there tons of military posted there working?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I can't PROVE anything really, Just stating from people that have gone on the tours at Chalk River before 9/11.

Plus its public knowledge that convoys of the material from the russian nuclear missles is kept there or at least some of it is.

Gee, I wonder why they need that.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What do you mean inconsistent though?
Canada has never publicly admitted to this...

They used to announce this during the tours they used to give before 9/11.

These two statements are contradictory. This is inconsistent.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Canadian Government never publicly announced this to the media/public.

Chalk River was giving the tours.

I figure if Chalk River was announcing this, then why wouldn't Canada just admit it, but remember Canada isn't in the killing business at least publicly.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The bombs were not made in Canada.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Mirthful mind- thats an easy one. I posted it in that section too.
Come on you know that. What are you confused about.

Can you tell me if Chalk River is not used for military purposes, why are there tons of military posted there working?

Well r_i, the idea here at ATS is to have a topic covered once, and covered thoroughly (or debunked in this case), posting the same material in multiple forums amounts to
. While I love the pink and formless treat, it does tend to consume bandwidth (a precious commodity here at ATS because of the contributions of our members), and for complete and concise (and spam free) topics, a single thread will do.

On the subject of your second question, where in my reply did I indicate that Chalk River in not involved in military research and development? I confess more than a modicum of ignorance regarding the CR Labs, but much of that is driven by the limited resources Canada puts into military spending (I would assume that the CR Labs have evolved much like Los Alamos and other U.S. National Laboratories to have a nonmilitary/weapons slant to their projects), and therefore the prevailing perception is that the Canadians are out of the nuclear weapons business . The military is nearly nonexistent in Los Alamos, the DOE controls nuclear devices in the U.S. and only loans the warheads to the respective Pentagon departments (strangely, two have not come back, kind of like that weed whacker I lent to my neighbor about three years ago-Stan, if you're reading this, give it back you *#%#@). Regardless, the entirety of the DOE's rather prodigious stockpile is stamped with "Made in the U.S.A.", a product well worthy of export, if you know what I mean.

Nuclear Monkeys, not just for cameo appearances on the "Atomic Betty Show" anymore...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Militarily (and perhaps in some other ways), Canada is just like the little brother thats keeps following you around yelling "me, too. me, too".

Canadians: militarily, you are what you are, you voted to be that way, so deal with it.

[edit on 11/22/2004 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

join