It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON: Still Alive Remix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Many experts did not think Comet ISON would survive perihelion yet...it's still alive. So enjoy this montage of some ISON related tweets, finishing off with LASCO C3 time lapse of Comet ISON perihelion, all to the tune of STILL ALIVE!

All photo credits to original authors.
Audio Credit: Still Alive by Jonathan Coulton, Ellen McLain

Enjoy
edit on 29-11-2013 by PINGi14 because: correction

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am pretty excited about ISON making past the sun. I have never seen a comet and planed to see this one.
I bought almost 40 set of nice purple robes and some some white Nike sneakers. We can get together in my special bunkhouse for the pass on New Years Eve.........

Seriously thanks for posting this video and what is that song?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Glad you enjoyed. Song is called Still Alive. From 2007 Valve release Portal.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Technically Ison was never alive. Using our present definition of life as a reference.

But I am glad it survived so we got something to look at. I hope it exceeds the expectations we gave it. I remember the big comet about ten years or so ago with the super large coma. It was during the time when Ice crystals were in the air and it magnified it here like it does the harvest moon. We aren't going to have those ice crystals this time
Oh well, I hope we can see it in the sky. I read somewhere that it will be 40 degrees from the north so I should be able to see it. There was something about sixty degrees also but I was tired and didn't comprehend what that was talking about...too much turkey I guess.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've got a question though. Shouldn't we want comets to smash into the sun? I mean, next time around we might not be so lucky.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Mamatus
I am pretty excited about ISON making past the sun. I have never seen a comet and planed to see this one.
I bought almost 40 set of nice purple robes and some some white Nike sneakers. We can get together in my special bunkhouse for the pass on New Years Eve.........

Seriously thanks for posting this video and what is that song?

Don't forget the applesauce and the other special ingredient.
You wouldn't want to screw something like that up!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

FlySolo

I've got a question though. Shouldn't we want comets to smash into the sun? I mean, next time around we might not be so lucky.
the strange thing is that it didnt hit the sun falling from such a distance. Im starting to think we have aliens on our hands
or its a returning craft from an ancient earth civilisation. Now wouldnt that be cool.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

FlySolo

ISON was classified as hyperbolic comet, likely to exit the solar system after grazing the sun but there are some reports now that it may not be the case. We dodge asteroid bullets everyday so adding ISON to the list won't make any difference, just one of many space rocks that Earth manages to dodge daily.

top topics

join