It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON Will Pass By Earth On New Year's Eve : NASA STEREO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Earlier we reported ISON survived and later on CNN and other media sources also confirmed Comet ISON survived the Sun.

Now in latest update, according to NASA STEREO Science Center website present estimation comet ISON will pass by earth on New Year's Eve December 31, 2013

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

But how close no one knows. Guys lets wait and watch what ISON is up to

edit on 29-11-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the update OP! I was so disappointed when it was speculated that comet ISON had perished. Glad to hear it made the rough trip, albeit a little damaged. Hope there is still a possibility of a light show!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

But i am shocked that media stop reporting it..

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

awakehuman
reply to post by iamhobo

But i am shocked that media stop reporting it..

"The story isn't ison. It's black Friday madness."
Nothing to see up there, just big saving down at your favorite store.
Lol
Glad I waited 3 hours after the apparent disintegration. Epic times in the making.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
For little consipiracy story, i saw last night a dream that cometh in our sky came down to earth and all the suddenly it changed to an very bright orb but in the end i saw it was very high end tech man made drone to fool ppl.
Now that nsa sayd so qucikly ISON was destroyed by sun and then it came back and alive, maybe they had something to do with all this, who knows. Its only dream and my theory tho no need to mark me a nuts but in other hand i do believe in my dreams more than nsa stories

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

romilo
For little consipiracy story, i saw last night a dream that cometh in our sky came down to earth and all the suddenly it changed to an very bright orb but in the end i saw it was very high end tech man made drone to fool ppl.
Now that nsa sayd so qucikly ISON was destroyed by sun and then it came back and alive, maybe they had something to do with all this, who knows. Its only dream and my theory tho no need to mark me a nuts but in other hand i do believe in my dreams more than nsa stories

Last night in my lucid dream I saw big rock fire balls hitting New York & LA

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

I've been avoiding to make comments about ISON, I gotta say it...., I developed sympathy for this comet and somehow I felt sad when they told us he "died".

ISON : I'm glad you made it buddy, you are my hero now.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is interesting, flyover is now five days later than predicted but the path is still the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Cheesy

will be very happy to hear this

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why is it taking like four days longer to get here than predicted. What other predictions are off, is it still on it's estimated path? It appears that it is a little above it's original path from orbital diagrams, so it is farther from earth than it was estimated to be.
edit on 29-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

whatnext21
This is interesting, flyover is now five days later than predicted but the path is still the same.
i dont know? I can only think that its orbit is off a tad, it would be interesting to know if its closest approach to earth has changed. The gif on the link appears to show deviation slightly from its projected path. Weird, ithought it was 26december.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Original date to pass Earth was Dec. 26th..
Now it's December 31st!?!

Did ISON's interaction with our Sun slow it down
when the speed of it's trajectory path was suppose to increase.

Seems NASA hasn't a clue!!!

What else about ISON will change in the next coming weeks
and are we not still awaiting comet Encke's perihelion..?
Will Encke have any affect.?

ISON has lived up to it's hype as "The Comet of the Century".

Seems New Years will definitely be ushering in a 'brand new year'!

edit on 29-11-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Im very happy it made it. Havnt seen any posts or comments from Cheesy lately, hope your having a good holiday ?
edit on 29-11-2013 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Breakup of Comet ISON meteorite could face the New Year, say astronomers (Russian News)

www.itar-tass.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Doom on mates!!!

It's almost like an orgasmic feeling.

Ohh, thank you ISON a thousand times!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
NASA named ISON file as WEIRD !!

science.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2013/11/29/weird_anim​.gif

Why EVEN NASA think it's weird?

Is NASA clueless about whats really coming ?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I can only assume that the mass the comet lost is causing the delay, pushing the fly by date to NYE.

Sort of like the old drop a bowling ball drop a feather what lands first experiment in grade school.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

well the link is dead,, but,,,,,,

MESSENGER is now in a second extended mission, which is scheduled to conclude in March 2015. Dr. Sean C. Solomon, the Director of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, leads the mission as Principal Investigator. The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory built and operates the MESSENGER spacecraft and manages this Discovery-class mission for NASA.

so i assume it is still functioning???

Three of MESSENGER's instruments -- MDIS, the Mercury Atmospheric and Surface Composition Spectrometer, and the X-Ray Spectrometer -- will be trained on the two comets and will collect as many observations as payload operational constraints will allow.

so where's the beef??

thought that this would apply here as well.

dont like too leave a "link" empty handed.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OP, do you have another source?

On the one you gave, one of the "related posts" below the one you linked shows that they state that ISON isn't a comet... but a UFO.

Sorry if that makes me question the credibility... but it does. I'd like to see another source.

Also... do you have a source for this little gem?

But how close no one knows.

edit on 29pmFri, 29 Nov 2013 16:59:47 -060013FridayFriday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join