It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Spanglish Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Spanish (a perfectly fine language, BTW) word for cow is "vaca," as in "No Vacancy (No Cows)," meaning the Elite of this world have no room among themselves for cattle like you or me. The word "goyim" also means cattle, and the same sentiment applies.

We are NOT cattle!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
The Spanish (a perfectly fine language, BTW) word for cow is "vaca,"

And the word "tonto" means idiot. I don't think that's what the Lone Ranger's buddy was meant to be called. That's reaching a bit imo.

The word "goyim" also means cattle, and the same sentiment applies.

I thought that was Yiddish.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Theres always the plebians, the untermench,the rabble, or a dozen other expressions for the great unwashed.....
I hear the elite call us the mouth breathers too.....maybe we should make a list............

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah, and "Kemosabe" translates to "horse's ass" - Gary Larson sez so. How far do we need to reach, anyway? Maybe all the way to Vacaville, CA (nickname = cowtown).

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

stirling
Theres always the plebians, the untermench,the rabble, or a dozen other expressions for the great unwashed.....
I hear the elite call us the mouth breathers too.....maybe we should make a list............

I caught and others caught our HR lady calling the employees bottom feeders one day. Our floor manager casually mentioned that without us, she wouldn't have a job. And that he would be bringing up her comments to the plant manager. She didn't come downstairs for six months and that was only because she had to conduct a tour.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's hard to remember what that office used to be called...what was it...oh, yes, Personnel. Now, it's Human Resources, as in Humans = Resources (something to be used/exploited).

In my own case, a couple of jobs ago, the HR person slipped during "new-resource" orientation and stated that we were property of the Corporation. The collective gasp was audible. Being a good ATS'er, I didn't need to gasp.

BTW, T Dawg, I LOVE your sig!!
edit on 29-11-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 29-11-2013 by Lazarus Short because: yup, meant to do that...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Vacancy - vacante. Vacante and vaca are two very different words. I doubt the Spanish went out of their way to insult the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Vacancy comes from Latin word vacare meaning "to be empty".

It's root has nothing to do with cattle.

Now why the Spanish word vaca means cow would require someone who reads Spanish.

Here is an etymology page that unfortunately I cannot understand. Anyone want to translate for me. I Google translated it but some parts seemed to not make sense.

etimologias.dechile.net...

Actually edit: Okay it worked now and states that the Spanish word comes from the Latin word vacca whose origin comes from a word that means "growling, or bellowing".

Interesting.
edit on 29-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Shucks, I was having fun with this, and then along comes the etymology police. Peds, er, feet, do yer stuff!

new topics

top topics

join