It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real life hunger games

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I went to Wal-Mart yesterday hoping to see some of this action.

But, alas, it was just like regular Wal-Mart. Not even a line at the gun counter. And they had the ammo I needed. And the guy I talked to was friendly.

***************************Aside thought
I imagine that in ten years, most big stores will be bigger and they will have airport style moving sidewalks.
Like an "I'm on the phone" HOV lane.

Postscript

I was really hoping to have a horrible Wal-Mart story.
Kinda "Shake my head while I facepalm", but nothing unusual for that store.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry America, don't criticize the rest of the world for generalizing and having negative perceptions of the so called "greatest country on Earth" when this is the idiocy that seems to be occurring throughout the states.

When you combine this blind consumerism (that has reached violent proportions) with your lack of universal (and adequate) healthcare, your lax gun regulations which are a problem (believe it or not) as well as your massive and unsustainable military spending - you deserve the title you have, the biggest idiots on the entire planet.

Once again, this is entirely your fault.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yeah, it's things like this that make me think humanity is doomed.

People literally breaking down doors and trampling each other to get a damn camera a few bucks cheaper. Seriously? Any time I want a good deal I simply just buy something off the internet.

I'll never go to a store on black friday, unless I want to get a few laughs seeing a few people playing tug-of-war with a T.V.

It gives you a sick kind of taste in your mouth truly seeing what these peoples priorities are. And I almost hate to say it, but I feel no remorse for people who get injured, or maybe even die while in the middle of the chaos.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by roaland

What a lovely post,and memory for you-i am thinking much on my own departed adoptive father this morning,and I was remembering 2 specific toys he gave me omce,not for Xmas or birthday,just because being a tomboyish girl,he knew I'd love them.He worked all his life for a company that among other things,were agents for John Deere tractors,combine harvesters etc,and he brought home a miniature tractor and combine harvester-how I wish I kept them-but you know my teenage years came,boyfriends,social life+so we leave the playthings of our childhood behind.Those were the 2 things I wish I held on to,though,of everything I ever got as a child.Your post touched my heart,I miss my father a lot today.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

This is crazy. People fighting for tablets, I wonder how many would get killed if it was for food?

Like one last man standing around a giant blood puddle and his wife besides him... "I win"

That is what being preached by all these violent games that people like to buy for each other, "but no, we are naturally violent"

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

The original idea of "black friday" was A: Give a reason for major stores to open where they legally could on Thanksgiving night for christmas shopping. Maine, Massachusetts and RI still do not allow stores to open prior to 1am Friday morning. The idea was to lure shoppers into the stores in the hopes they would buy the sale item but also pick up other items. What has happened is the stores are throwing out deals that are really good, but in turn not carrying enough product to satsify the demand. I just saw a report that black friday shopping spending was down 13% compared to last year. No shock there-nobody wants to deal with the nutballs who sleep outside a Best Buy for 9 hours to save a lousy 30% on a tablet or 10 bucks off the latest video game.

The concept has destroyed itself-instead of luring people into the stores-it's scaring them far, far away.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thejaybird

If we could get people to be as active in determining their own future, imagine the outcome...that won't happen until there is no food, or some other disaster occurs.... in my humble, uninformed opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by roaland

What a lovely post,and memory for you-i am thinking much on my own departed adoptive father this morning

I too was adopted, thats another reason i guess all those handmade toys i got meant so much. Sorry for your loss tho, i lost mine back in 01, holidays can still be full of fun and beautiful memories

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join