It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real life hunger games

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

AguyAndAgirl

catfishjoe
America at its finest. kinda embarrassing.
Not all of us are like that. When I was a kid I was lucky if I got a G.I. Joe action figure. Now these spoiled ass brats are getting tablets, phones and Xbox 1s.

KIND OF embarrassing?
I get a strange overwhelming feeling when watching these kind of videos - I cry and laugh at the same time wishing the world WOULD end!

lol

I know what you mean. I enjoy watching The Shopping Dead videos of people trampling one another and fighting, but I hate that it has come to this. There's no sense in it. So much enthusiasm wasted on... nothing. If only that level of excitement and force was applied to a good purpose in this world, instead of mindless consumerism.

CONSUME. OBEY.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Even though i've seen clips like this before it's just sickening. I had to stop watching at 2:00 minutes because it was killing of my braincells. Sheeple at it's finest... it's a mad world we live in. Thank Jah i found myself after almost becoming a sheep myself. Can i get a amen fellow wolves up in here!

Be safe out in these crazy times!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't know what's more embarrassing - watching them or listening to the people that make fun of them like they are superior or something.

The government doesn't have to divide us when we do it ourselves with little effort lol.

I think of all the people waiting for country wide martial law to be imposed knowing that they most likely wouldn't even need the military - we'd do all the killing ourselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who doesn't help someone up, but rather TRAMPLES over them to get ANYTHING? Like seriously how does NO ONE help someone potentially losing their life right in front of them.

Humanity is a failed species. It genuinely is. Videos like this sadden me. You can literally see blank stupidity on some of their faces. There is one video where a guy is just walking in with the rest of these idiots and just shaking his head and smiling in a very "wow you people are dumb" manner.

The only part i find amusing is the morbid obesity of some of these people. Black friday would be a fun day to pop 2000 tires in the parking lot so Cheryl can't get to her next stampede before the Kuerigs sell out.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What simple vile slobs in that video. Every one of them. I don't shop on black Friday because I refuse to be part of such madness. When I would work black Fridays I wouldn't tolerate any savagery from customers, I would call security or police if it was getting out of hand -- if they want to act like they are animals then they will be taken down like animals -- ironically they act like this after being "thankful" for what they already have. That video made me sick.

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Krystian
Who doesn't help someone up, but rather TRAMPLES over them to get ANYTHING?

their trampling themselves.... you help someone up and they go trample someone else or fight someone over a cheap toaster...

let them kill themselves... if only their were terrorists aimed at wal*marts on black friday! that'd be some fireworks worth watching!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Holy hell, I love the lady replacing her wig WHILE she's on the floor at the start of the video.

This is why I hate "civilized" people.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So sad to see mob mentality, makes them look like a bunch of animals
edit on 29-11-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Dear Lord, what is wrong with people?
I saw another video somewhere that showed a lady pulling another lady's hair and them using a taser on her.
Sad that the video reminded me of zombie hordes, like a few of you have mentioned...

I went to Walmart and Best Buy after the doorbuster insanity just to see if there were any good leftover deals, since I'm in the market for a TV... Got a couple discounted movies and a printer, but ended up going home and buying a tv off Amazon that was a better price than the ones people trampled each other for.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
So sad to see mob mentality, makes them look like a bunch of animals
edit on 29-11-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

Not animals.......SAVAGES!

Animals stampede for a good reason...To move the herd to better pastures, FOR THE GOOD OF THE HERD.
These human stampedes are nothing less than barbaric.
Barbarism is borne of SELFISH NEEDS, not of the good of the tribe.

This is what overpopulation has done to us.
The human race has been gradually degenerating for 100 years.
Time's up!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

HI-larious!
I literally cracked up whenever the Benny Hill music started, and my brussel sprouts started boiling over at the same time.

But , those people-for shame. Just one reason I never go shopping on black Friday.

ETA~ The only thing better than that video would be if there were a hole in the front of the store, and all of those folks went down some sort of chute, into a classroom teaching some manners to the hoards.

edit on 29-11-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Seeing that video makes me realize two things, first that if we ever ran into a food shortage or a currency drop or just a really bad economic collapse; we would resort to killing each other for food and water way too quickly...

Secondly, I think it's probably just an idea but I wonder if the black friday gimmick isn't a social experiment designed to test people's thresholds for violence against their neighbors. It makes a lot of sense if a group was researching civil unrest no? It goes hand in hand with my first thought on the matter.

Furthering that thought process you kinda see why there is such a stockpile of guns, ammo, and heavy duty military gear like urban tanks and tactical gear. The dollar is dropping fast, food prices are going up, the government is transparent in their intentions to take guns, and to top it all off people are so dependent on electricity and modern conveniences that if power were to go out, many people wouldn't know how to take care of their basic needs hence the rioting and looting that would ensue.

Makes you wonder whether this is just another seemingly unrelated puzzle piece in a master plan...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Black Friday makes me sick. I've gone once a couple years ago to help a friend out and was so disgusted that I will never again go, it goes further too... I lose any and all respect for people that do.

iamhobo

It's more like exactly 1 hour now. I was eating Thanksgiving dinner with my mom this past Thursday and at one point noted the time, it was 7pm (we've always eaten late). I made the observation that some stores had started their Black Friday sales 1 hour earlier.

I've never been one to hold much stock in family values so perhaps this is a bit hypocritical but I find Black Friday, which encourages dividing families up and commercialization rather than staying together with friends/family happening so near a holiday that's all about being thankful for what you have with those people that are close to you to be utterly sickening.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I am convinced that I live in the last best place. Far north in a rural area. People here still hold holiday traditions dear, they close their shops, they act civilized, and use manners. Even Mc donalds and pizza hut was closed in the nearest town. I was so proud.

I hope that the 8 month long winters, and single digit/below zero temps will keep the zombies out of here so we can enjoy what is left of a real simple and quiet life. I thank God all of the time for guiding our path here. There is no way I could live in the city again. It's being zombified by people who are completely detached with reality, are selfish, have no morals, no character, and are completely psychopathic in every way shape and form. When or if the grid goes down, SNAP is cut again (and it will be, talks already in the works), and people get hungry, just imagine the people in these video clips busting down your doors to rape and pillage your family and home.

I'm sorry to say, it won't be long now.

I grew up in a very different world than what I see now. I'm not even entertained by these black Friday videos, nor do I even find it remotely funny. I find it pathetic and sad. The morale and the character of this country has regressed into societal decay. And stores like Walmart, Target, etc. they perpetuate such greed, and animal like brawls in their stores. These people are a product of their upbringing. No God, no morals, no guidance, and no proper parenting.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFinger

I like your theory. Anything is possible. But these people are representative of everything that has gone wrong in this country, and will continue to go wrong unless things change on so many levels. It's just unreal.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Neopan100
Totally disgusting..especially since most of the stuff on "sale" is the lowest quality crap..and brands. I just don't get it? When I used to work retail..they would put the lowest quality brands on the biggest sale..I think you can see in one of the videos Oster brand being thrown around...I mean really Oster? People are fighting over cheap sh!T? Gross...

Exactly!! I worked in retail as well and we always knew what would be on sale, it's never the good stuff! Most of it is overpriced anyway. If you look at dept store prices compared to the company's website the dept store raised their price and then put it on "Sale" at the normal price yet people think it's a real sale. No it's just been jacked up in price!

Well, NEOPAN is at home..I've been at home all night
I like my home..they can keep the crap...I ordered most of our christmas stuff from ETSY..handmade by people that love what they do.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Etsy! I shop a lot on Etsy and I love the people I buy from, always very pleasant!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

It's stuff.

People are fighting over stuff.

It's transitory and it doesn't bring happiness, only suffering. Stuff.

It's not worth it people.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you were going to custom-design a hell for me, it would be Black Friday at a big box store. Have some dignity, America! Is it really worth it to put your life at risk for a few dollars off some crappy electronics?

I have to wonder about the stores who do this. It's putting their employees in danger and creating a really unsafe situation for the customers. I'm surprised it's not more regulated. Allowing a hysterical mob to literally beat down the doors of your establishment just seems like a really bad idea. None of the shops shown in this video seem to have bothered with hiring extra security or to have taken even minimal measures to ensure safety. Do they really make so much profit on Black Friday that it's worth endangering lives over?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Yep. It's just stuff, and yet, here we are...

I side with Adbusters on "Black Friday" and have adopted their designation of the day: "Buy Nothing Day". Stay at home, spend time with your family, and avoid the consume-at-all-costs mentality that plagues our world today.

What would happen if we the people managed to get that worked up over the wrongdoings of our elected officials?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I went to Wal-Mart Thursday night and it was insane, almost no parking, people parked on the curbs. They even had several police officers at the store just in case. I didn't go there to buy anything, a friend's mom had to work so we brought here a plate of Thanksgiving food.

I did notice that at Wal-Mart and other stores, most of the goods on sale were low quality brands that didn't sale well all year. Since those items need to be sold before the new year they just simply drop the price to around wholesale prices to clear inventory.

It is insanity and the vast majority of stuff on sale no one really needs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join