It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real life hunger games

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Run sheeple run!!!

For those who cant see it, its a video of crazy people in the US practically rioting for a bargain on Black Friday.

There is one good thing this video shows, and that's the power of the people. Shame their priorities are a little skewed and all that power is being wasted.

I thought the January sales here in the UK got pretty hectic.

Well done America!!

edit on 29-11-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
America at its finest. kinda embarrassing.
Not all of us are like that. When I was a kid I was lucky if I got a G.I. Joe action figure. Now these spoiled ass brats are getting tablets, phones and Xbox 1s.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

catfishjoe
Not all of us are like that. When I was a kid I was lucky if I got a G.I. Joe action figure. Now these spoiled ass brats are getting tablets, phones and Xbox 1s.

haha I know

But if this video represents the majority, well...It's madness

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
most of the stuff i got growing up was handmade by my dad. I got some bought gifts but i couldn't even name half of them now but i can still ramble off alot of the stuff my dad made for me and those are the most happiest time i remember from growing up.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
door crasher special???

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Thanks for the laugh! I cannot understand why people will put themselves in others in danger for a % off but they aren't willing to do anything like this at the governmental level. This is proof right there, that the people are cowards and the government has won. lmao

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The cultural manipulations by the captalist overlords has born abundant fruit!
A mindless class of materialistic consumers. Social engineering as complete and tangible as any nuts and bolts construction.

In a surreal way; a thing of beauty or perhaps horror in it's ease of execution.

God help us!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Totally disgusting..especially since most of the stuff on "sale" is the lowest quality crap..and brands. I just don't get it? When I used to work retail..they would put the lowest quality brands on the biggest sale..I think you can see in one of the videos Oster brand being thrown around...I mean really Oster? People are fighting over cheap sh!T? Gross...

Well, NEOPAN is at home..I've been at home all night
I like my home..they can keep the crap...I ordered most of our christmas stuff from ETSY..handmade by people that love what they do.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It is a shame that people get more worked up about a bargain than about the desperate state of the country. And I dont just mean the US.

Imagine if people got that riled up and in such huge numbers then pointed themselves at the White House, NSA HQ, Pentagon etc etc. No police force can stop that kind of power.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

Well done America!!

Right...what's this then? pot callin the kettle black me thinks!

Well done UK!

How about we call it what it is HUMAN stupidity...
edit on 29-11-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I won't even leave my house on this day of the year. It's so horrid. I'm so embarrassed for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They are almost like zombies, aren't they?

Its pretty sickening to watch.

Last night they started the sales at 6pm at Walmart (Black Friday has now bled into Thursday.. shame for the employees missing out on family time)... we had to stop at the store (not to shop, but to pick someone up) and just the parking lot was absolutely insane. All the neighboring parking lots were full, people were parked in the pharmacy drive through lane, and the loading dock areas. I wondered at the time what it looked like inside.... now I'm even happier that I didn't go in to look.
edit on 29amFri, 29 Nov 2013 09:36:43 -060013FridayFriday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

abeverage

Silicis n Volvo

Well done America!!

Right...what's this then? pot callin the kettle black me thinks!

Well done UK!

How about we call it what it is HUMAN stupidity...
edit on 29-11-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

well.........................

fair enough.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Ya know, I sometimes complain on here about people bashing America just to do so but.....Damn do we do a great job of making our country look like a bunch of idiots. I've never taken part in Black Friday, nor do I foresee myself wanting to in the future....ever.

It's so sad that this is what the Holiday season has boiled down to.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Star! I can still remember a piece of plywood my dad put some toggle switches and other stuff on one Christmas. I sat for hours playing with it pretending I was flying a rocket ship. TODAYS KIDS ARE SPOILED WITH ELECTRONIC CRAP THAT WILL BE BROKEN BEFORE EASTER!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Next year I think Walmart and other stores should add some fire pits, a few dungeons, a couple spike wall rooms, maybe even a giant boulder activated by taking a prized product off of a shelf. Then just sprinkle some booby traps here an there and, voila! Black Friday just got a lot less stupid and even more intense.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

catfishjoe

KIND OF embarrassing?
I get a strange overwhelming feeling when watching these kind of videos - I cry and laugh at the same time wishing the world WOULD end!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I give thanks for today, but I gotta go at 6pm because I have to go buy what I don't need before someone else does.
Shame. Zombie nation.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This makes me embarrassed to be an American.

Face-palm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join