This conversation came up elsewhere so I thought I'd start this ...
The Holy Spirit (also called The Paraclete) is God and is therefore part of the Trinity.
That's what Christian scripture says.
- The heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. And behold a voice from heaven, saying:
'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16
- Going therefore, teach ye all nations: baptising them in the name of the father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew 28:19
- The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore the HOly which shall be born of thee shall
be called the son of God. Luke 1:35
- I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you forever, the Spirit of truth. But the Paraclete, the
Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things. John 14:16, 26.
- When the Paraclete cometh, whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceedeth from the Father, He will give testimony of me.
- Jesus being exalted therefore by the right hand of God, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath poured forth this
which you see and hear. Acts 2:33
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the charity of God, and the communication of the Holy Ghost be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:13
- Because you are sons, God hath sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying: Abba, Father. Gal 4:6
- By the Son we have access both in one Spirit to the Father. Eph 2:18
- I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom all paternity in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the
riches of glory, to be strengthened by his Spirit with might unto the inward man. Eph 3:14
- To the elect, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, unto the sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of
Jesus Christ, grace unto you and peace be multiplied. 1 Peter 1:2
- In this we know that we abide in him and he in us: because he hath given us his Spirit, and we have seen and do testify that the Father hath sent
his Son to be the Savior of the world. 1 John 4:13
- It is the Spirit which testifieth that Christ is the truth. For there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the WOrd, and the
Holy Spirit. And these three are one. 1 John 5:7
- Praying in the HOly Ghost, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 20.
- They rested not day and night, saying: Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is to come. Apocolypse 4:8 (the Trinity
is thrice Holy )
THE HOLY GHOST - TRUE GOD
- Going therfore, teach ye all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19
- Peter said: Ananias, why hath Satan tempted they heart, that thou shouldst lie to the Holy Ghost? Thou has not liked to men, but to God. Acts
- Know you not that your members are of God and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? But if any man violate the temple of God, him shall God
destroy. For the temple of God is holy: which you are 1 Cor 3:16
- The holy men of God spoke, inspired by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21
- At sundry times and in divers manners God spoke by the prophets. Heb 1:1
- Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops to rule the CHurch of God. Acts 20:28.
- When the Paraclete cometh, whom I will send you from the Father, who proceedth from teh Father, he will give testimony of me. John 25:26
- He (the Holy Spirit) shall glorify me: because he shall receive of mine and shall show it to you. John 16:14.
- He (Jesus) breathed on them, and said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. John 20:22.
EQUAL MISSIONS OF GOD THE FATHER, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT
- WHat things soever the Father doth, these the SOn also doth in like manner. John 5:19
- When the fulness of time was come, God sent his Son. Gal 4:4
- Know you not that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you> 1 Cor 3:16
- My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. John 7:16
- When they shall deliver you up, take no thought how or what to speak, for it shall be given you that hour what to speak: for it is not you that
speak, but the Spirit of your Father that speaketh in you. Matthew 10:19
- The Spirit himself giveth testimony to our spirit, that we are the sons of God. Roman 8:16
- Let the unction which you have received from him abide in you. And you have no need that any man teach you, but as his unction teacheth you of all
things, and is truth, and is no lie. And as it hath taught you, abide in him. 1 John 2:27
edit on 11/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason