It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart shoppers going crazy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

that would bring a whole new meaning to Black Friday. ha ha

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

I went to wal mart last night. This is a small town, so I was surprised to see our supercenter parking lot completely full.

All I wanted was a Christmas tree, since ours was in bad shape. I got my tree. And got the hell outta there.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The cultural manipulations by the capitalist overlords has born abundant fruit!
A mindless class of materialistic consumers. Social engineering as complete and tangible as any nuts and bolts construction.

In a surreal way; a thing of beauty or perhaps horror in it's ease of execution.

Planned obsolescence and hype married into a capitalist wet dream and as a producer of a product, I share in the blame.

God help us!
edit on 29-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

olaru12
The cultural manipulations by the capitalist overlords has born abundant fruit!
A mindless class of materialistic consumers. Social engineering as complete and tangible as any nuts and bolts construction.

In a surreal way; a thing of beauty or perhaps horror in it's ease of execution.

Planned obsolescence and hype married into a capitalist wet dream and as a producer of a product, I share in the blame.

God help us!
edit on 29-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

While I agree wholeheartedly with most of this,

God help us???

God started this. First you have the BS about Baby Jesus and the manger and the Three Kings bringing presents, which somehow morphed into Santa Claus (the secular God, who can see everything you do, knows when you've been bad or good, and rewards or punishes appropriately), which morphs into shopping as a way of showing 'love', which morphed into 'having to buy presents for 30 people', which conveniently paves the way for credit cards, eternal debt and big banks making a fortune on your sorry teevee-brainwashed ass, slave labor making plastic pumpkins and Furbys in China, which led to pollution so obscene that the air is unfit to breathe there, and the water is running out.

All so some fool in America, the land of the brave and free except when they're not, can buy some new toy that's been psychologically imprinted on their brains as 'I NEED THIS' by those perfect minions of the devil, the advertisers, and the Big Screen TeeVee you got cheap (so you thought) at Walmart's WWF game last year.

How come you haven't decided to boycott materialism and 'holidays' completely yet?

Just have a nice dinner, spend the time with people you really like and respect instead of most of those relatives you can't stand, and string some pretty lights to cheer you up when it gets dark early.

The End. No need for the rest of it, no need at all.

PS: Plastic Christmas Trees? Seriously?????? Whaddaya gonna do with the old 'bad shape' one? Send it to the landfill? Along with millions of others? What part of this is not insane?
edit on 3658911amFridayf58Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:58:36 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Asktheanimals
Evolution will weed these types out eventually.

Ever see the movie 'Idiocracy'?? (Its supposed to be comedy but I think it's brilliant)
They show how the exact opposite is going to happen.

I was just joking with a friend about this the other day, how it's coming scarily close to being somewhat true.

"Electrolytes, It's What Plants Crave!"

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

signalfire

PS: Plastic Christmas Trees? Seriously?????? Whaddaya gonna do with the old 'bad shape' one? Send it to the landfill? Along with millions of others? What part of this is not insane?
edit on 3658911amFridayf58Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:58:36 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

Not all of us have the space, money, or time for real trees. We've been using the same faux tree since I was a young buck. My Mom was a single parent, so after busting her ass for 10 hours a day to put food on the table, frolicking in the woods to pick out the perfect tree was the last thing on our minds. We've had the very same fake tree for over 2 decades now, and it still looks just as nice as the real deal.

Plus, if you're so worried about landfills, I'd assume you'd be worried about the thousands upon thousands of trees that are cut down every year, just to look all nice'n'purty in your living room?

Jus' sayin'.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

signalfire

I live in the desert. A few folks have ornamental pines, but not many. Good luck finding a pine tree, or any coniferous tree. I guess we could just cobble together some tumbleweeds. Or have 18 wheelers truck them in from far flung places. But if you are ecologically minded, that isn't much better.

No, it isn't insane at all. My plastic trees do not catch my house on fire from being dry, do not bring insects into my house, and are reused forever. My "worn out" tree was a handmedown from my grandmother. She used it for 15 years before I ever even got it almost 20 years ago when my wife and I first married.

I am proud of you for being above it all.
You obviously are the next messiah that was written about in the ancient texts.
edit on 29-11-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

'Cause I'm praying for rain;
I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom, please, flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
Bring it down.
Suck it down.
Flush it down.

Rollin' back prices.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I avoid stores on this sale and Boxing day like the plague!

What I really don't understand is this, Why on Earth do people pile up in stores to buys thing ONLY because it's on sale. Not because they need it, but because they get bragging rights in the likes of, "this was 50% off OMG, how much did you pay for yours again?!? na na na!!!

I had an uncle that was on welfare and a few years back, came back from this stupid materialistic madness almost chanting on how much he saved. "I only paid 200$ for ALL this!!" His face fell when I asked him if he could afford 200$ even if its a sale!!!

True it's great to have a rebate, but people fighting to buy a 42" flatscreen for 50$ when a year ago they bought a 40"....knocks me senseless!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Farg, I promised my uncle I would stop by at the Sears and pick up a bunch of Craftsman tools. up to 86% off some tools is worth the freaking lines I guess..... I just hope and pray I do not have to drive by a Walmart to get there.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Next to Little WIng by SRV, this is the greatest song ever done. By the greatest band to ever play.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was thinking they could put in a ride above the store and charge people like an amusement park does on Black Friday. You could take a tour through watching the cockroaches scurry below you while killing each other. It's really gotten that pathetic that this can be thought of as a form of entertainment for those with brains. I don't know whether to feel bad for them because of such low intellect or to want to separate myself from the human race completely.

edit on 29-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i work in a walmart. i was on the 4pm to 4am shift last night assigned to work outside in the exit area of the store to keep people from entering the store the wrong way. we have the smallest walmart store in the usa or at least one of three. we had two sales on thanksgiving day at 6pm and 8pm. i couldnt even tell you what was on sale cuz i could care less. personally i think being open on thanksgiving sucks. i think black friday is absolutely rediculous. i watched people leave the store with shopping carts full of toys and stuff. do they really need this crap? can they pay their bills, buy food, and gas for the car if they're spending money on this crap? when i got ready to go to work the thought that ran in my mind was 'what a perfect waste of 12 hours to watch idiots be idiots'

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

YOU DON'T NEED A GODDAM TREE!!!

It's all socialization, it's all a commercial trap. Don't you see that? First you're talked into getting the tree, then 'decorating' it, then buying stuff to put under it.

What in holy hell has that got to do with the time of year, your 'religion' whatever it may be, and all the rest?

It's a strange conglomeration of German Yule Logs, the Nordic Festival of Lights, and Madison Avenue.

As far as the debate between plastic trees and 'real' trees, at least the real ones are recyclable, can be turned into mulch or burned for warmth. And they keep a few thousand tree farmers in some extra cash.

The point is, you don't need any of it. It's all Madison Avenue and Hollywood and 'It's A Wonderful Life' manipulating you.

If you like the smell of a real tree, go for a walk in the forest. While there's still one left.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

signalfire
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

YOU DON'T NEED A GODDAM TREE!!!

It's all socialization, it's all a commercial trap. Don't you see that? First you're talked into getting the tree, then 'decorating' it, then buying stuff to put under it.

What in holy hell has that got to do with the time of year, your 'religion' whatever it may be, and all the rest?

It's a strange conglomeration of German Yule Logs, the Nordic Festival of Lights, and Madison Avenue.

As far as the debate between plastic trees and 'real' trees, at least the real ones are recyclable, can be turned into mulch or burned for warmth. And they keep a few thousand tree farmers in some extra cash.

The point is, you don't need any of it. It's all Madison Avenue and Hollywood and 'It's A Wonderful Life' manipulating you.

If you like the smell of a real tree, go for a walk in the forest. While there's still one left.

I am not Christian. I do, however, have children who I believe should have the customs of our culture handed down to them. They shouldn't go to school and be social pariahs for not participating in fundamental seasonal holidays.

When I was a child, we had a tree. My mom had a tree growing up. My grandfather, when he grew up in the dust bowl, had a tree. It isn't like in some dark room in Las Vegas ca 1993 a bunch of old farts in suits decided to dupe the people into this. It was established by the church over centuries and has now become a cultural tradition.

How do you not understand this? It has nothing to do with religion or gifts. Its about tradition and the ties that bind us together as people and families.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Well I don't know about everyone else but this is how my local Target store rolls.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

no,
he went in with one box and came back with one box and a blonde girl

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Only if they acted like this against the government, but no, just throw at them a discount of about $20 and have them kill themselves. What a shame

top topics

<< 1   >>

join