It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Luminous Object, Miami Florida 11/28/13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hello ATS, another very peculiar piece of footage has popped up onto my feed. I can't quite wrap my brain around this one so I am hoping some members on here can lend me a hand.

Luckily the uploader has provided some information regarding his methods for filming, which I'll list below the video/s:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Best viewed in HD. Miami, FL.

First segment was taken with the spotter camera where this object of variable brightness is seen, the second part is from the Meade telescope were details of this luminous object are clear, amazing footage!

Using a modified security camera LG LCB5100 (internal cut-off IR filter removed), and computar motorized zoom lens 16-160mm. A 950nm IR filter is in front of this camera CCD. This LG camera is being used as "finderscope/spotter" for a second 1/4" CCD camera, no filter. with 1000mm focal length Meade 114mm reflector scope , centering an object of interest in the LG cam FOV will make that object visible on the Meade FOV that have a lot more magnification, this way is easier to get video closeups of some very rare objects. Both cameras are on top of a PTZ base remotely controlled.

I added some speed control to the PTZ base using an Arduino board, a solid state switch and a variable resistor.

As I have said it before: there is nothing special about my location, or any location in particular, I believe that it will be the same in ANY other place, this channel was started with that hypothesis in mind, sightings like this one are confirming that hypothesis. It is up to you to see it with your own eyes and/or your camera.

So, what is it this time ATS:
Mylar balloons? Reflective swamp gas carried off from the Everglades? Maybe it's a big bird covered in plastic wrap.... I'll leave that for you to decide.

Very interesting to me though, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this one.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's a flying jelly fish.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks Op!
What an amazing apps you made!!!
Realy a perfect UFO!

SNC

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

ThinkingCap
the second part is from the Meade telescope were details of this luminous object are clear, amazing footage!

As a Meade telescope owner, I have to say that if this guy honestly things he is getting "clear" details then he is either lying or an idiot.

The video shows all the characteristics of poor optics. Out of focus and poor collimation.
To an amateur astronomer, the characteristics are obvious when bits of the object "glint" momentarily in the sun.

As seen below, I've screencapped a few of them from the first video and put them together you you can examine all the different glinting at the same time...

They all have the same "shape", that I've hand drawn at center bottom.

Poor optics.
That really becomes the effective crappy resolution of his system.

edit on amFridayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

snc24
Thanks Op!
What an amazing apps you made!!!
Realy a perfect UFO!

SNC

Your assuming it's an app, How do you even know?

Still cool either way.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

ThinkingCap
So, what is it this time ATS:
Mylar balloons? Reflective swamp gas carried off from the Everglades? Maybe it's a big bird covered in plastic wrap.... I'll leave that for you to decide.

Very interesting to me though, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this one.

My guess is this is a drone with it's IR beacon on. Drones use IR beacons to avoid collisions and they are supposedly quite bright. The focus doesn't appear to be very good, but it is difficult to focus on a light that doesn't have other features to aid focusing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's a balloon. Any object the spins, tumbles, rotates, etc., will almost always be balloons. It's flying slowly like a balloon, and it's spinning like a balloon.

If it looks like a dog and barks like a dog....

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It's obviously some aliens in a spacecraft from a distant galaxy. It must be because some here will tell you they exist, there it is an alien ship.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Its fake and stupid like his other 5,0000 uploads. The first video are clouds made in Photoshop.

Either his videos are fake or he has more UFO footage than anyone alive ever. If that is true why can't he get a better shot than something that looks like a space invaders pixel ship.

The same logic doesn't apply to not being prepared and not having proper equipment to the one off one hit wonder UFO videos.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Ok, I think I got it. A mad scientist, tripping on acid, goes into his secret laboratory and attempts to make a flying thing-a-ma-jig in a single evening. These are just his results, so it a flying thing-a-ma-jig.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
As an avid alien enthusiast, I still have never seen any legitimate footage that proves alien's have visited. Our governments military are at least 50 years in the future compared to the technology they let us see. Do you really think that a militarised government will let other governments know what they are capable of?

Area 51 is an experimental military air force base, all UFO's in that area you can pretty much guarantee that they are experimental military craft. The nazi's experimented with hovering aircraft in the 1940's, you really think they let that technology go to waste? No. 99% of all UFO's are probably manned by human beings.
edit on 29-11-2013 by iRoyalty because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This light is very similar to the ones I saw a few nights ago while driving south from Miami to the Keys on the turnpike. It was near the Homestead area - I saw five such lights in an equidistant and diagonal formation. I dismissed them at first, thinking they must be lights on a wire holding some sort of electrical tower. Then i said to myself "why don't I see the other wires then?" At that moment the lights changed formation, two disappeared, two moved closer to each other and the last one came forward. They seemed to change shape somewhat, while still remaining in some sort of a blurb. I woke up my woman and told her to check the light coming forward. ( The other two disappeared as well) She said it looked odd, then asking me what the hell was that?! I thought to pull over as the turns on the turnpike would not allow us to see it any longer, but it vanished as well.
My first time seeing something out of the ordinary. Did not looked like military aircraft, even though I'd be not surprised with the technology they have.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

alfa1

ThinkingCap
the second part is from the Meade telescope were details of this luminous object are clear, amazing footage!

As a Meade telescope owner, I have to say that if this guy honestly things he is getting "clear" details then he is either lying or an idiot.

The video shows all the characteristics of poor optics. Out of focus and poor collimation.
To an amateur astronomer, the characteristics are obvious when bits of the object "glint" momentarily in the sun.

As seen below, I've screencapped a few of them from the first video and put them together you you can examine all the different glinting at the same time...

They all have the same "shape", that I've hand drawn at center bottom.

Poor optics.
That really becomes the effective crappy resolution of his system.

edit on amFridayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

As an amateur Astronomer and photographer I have to agree. Also with out a fixed point the clouds and image shake/movement can make any object look like it is moving.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As I've pointed out before and some may disbelieve, the planet Venus is visible during daylight it you know exactly where to look. In daylight it tends to look more like a bright object than star-like as it looks at night.

And as some of you may not know, in looking at a star, a planet or even the Moon through a telescope or even steadily-held binocs it will constantly be moving at a steady rate out of the field of view due to the rotation of the earth. I think that is what we see here. A view of Venus. The larger Mead scope being out of focus to boot.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It looks very like those 'Flying Jellyfish' balloons. They come in all colours.

It's pretty clear that the thingamybob is at the mercy of the wind.

edit on 29-11-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

iRoyalty
Our governments military are at least 50 years in the future compared to the technology they let us see.

Really well how come a bunch of guerilla fighters in the mountains of Afghanistan can cause so many problems for western troops.

THAT is a conspiracy cliche nothing more and nothing less and if you look really hard how come technology has appeared in other parts of the world before say the USA gets it.

Many developments come from university research with nothing to do with the military

They may be thinking 50 years ahead but they don't have it yet for example look at the USA'S VTOL fighter jets look at how long after the RAF's HARRIER jump jet came into service before the USA had a practical version !!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Let me say here, as the person that uploaded all this footage in YT, that the equipment is not perfect, but even the sun have spots, some people will only look at the spots and will forget to see the light, but well...

First let me say that you need to take in count that this sighting was recorded by two cameras simultaneously, with footage time stamped in real time very accurately, you can always correlate both footage. This fact add an extra layer of information/authenticity to what is reported here, you have to look at its entirety, seen just one aspect and not the whole will miss a lot and you will be making a disservice to yourself and others.

All is authentic and real, access to raw data is available upon request, but there will always be people that will dismiss anything done by others by the simple fact that was made by others.

Present valid arguments, not innuendo and poor logic, that actually say more about the people saying it that anything else, I am as transparent as can be and honest as anybody else, I can not accept people claiming things that are blatantly false without challenge that.

Again, the sighting was recorded by two cameras simultaneously, just looking at the footage from what I call the spotter camera, you can see that this object have a very peculiar form and follows a non ballistic trajectory, and it is not been directed by the wind, for example in the following segment at mark 2:49 this object stays in the same spot for a while at maximum zoom like it is anchored in the sky:

These two cameras are on top of a custom made PTZ base, that have a not very good speed control, no standard telescope head will work in these conditions because this is a system using a motorized zoom lens that are usually very heavy, you need a base/head to handle the telescope and the second camera with the motorized zoom lens.

I have a section in my YT channel "DIY-projects" were I have several videos showing from the very basic how to duplicate a similar system. I did that because I believe that we need more people doing this kind of observations and getting details about these objects. Again my equipment is not perfect, but I challenge the people making innuendo claims to present what they have done so far that is better and maybe we can really learn from them.

The combination of a camera with medium zoom lens IR enabled aligned with a medium size telescope have proved to be highly effective and anybody can duplicate a similar setup. I strongly recommend that kind of setup. A lot of people will talk and talk but will do nothing beyond the ordinary. You can see these things too, but you have to move from your beloved keyboard and look up from time to time. These forums are informative some times, but reality is something else.

This will be my only post in this forum, not a very "friendly" place here to be, I have to spend time doing real observations and thinking how to improve what I already got. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoflicks

You keep saying I'm using innuendos. I'm flat out calling you a hoaxer. Your stupid background is made in Photoshop with filters I've seen those "clouds" 1000 times. Your objects are fake and you are a hoaxer.

Im not even an amateur astronomer but I have a telescope and I've been using them since I was 10.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoflicks

THANK YOU so much for the videos~! awesome job !!!! Don't be persuaded to not particapte in disscusion, it's the trolls/shills/naysayers on there that will do anything to keep the populous in the dark!

Be vigilant to a fault and don't stop improving, if I had a stack of cash and was employed, I'd have a serious set up and would continue the investigation group I started with a friend of mine back in 2009 and went to Giland's Ranch and got to see first hand so extremely interesting fly overs..

Thank you for coming to ATS and validating your work! Not many on here do so, it speaks highly of character.

and I would agree with you on those that say .. "Oh.. it's just poor set up .. blah blah blah .. I can do this at home .. blah blah blah .. " I say to them .. GET YOUR OWN SET UP AND BRING IT !!!!!

edit on 30-11-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

If only these HOAXERS would spend as much time helping others as they do in creating these elaborate fakes, the world would be a better place.

<<   2 >>

join