It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A suggestion regarding deleted posts by moderators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't check my in-box all that often, and when I did I found that a comment I made nearly a month ago had been deleted by a mod. I have no problem with that, it was stated that it was to prevent topic drift. I was given the link to the thread, and saw that my comment was in fact deleted.

The only thing is, I don't remember what my comment was.

It would be extremely helpful if in the u2u message the offending comment would be included. That way, the offender would have some basis as to the offence, and could better avoid such indisgressions in the future.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Hardly likely, ATS exists to reveal current medias censorship while they do it themselves as far as I can see so far.
I guess this will get deleted too. If so it may be mods are insecure about others comments while supporting hits against anyone else in fair game of forum opinions.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

caterpillage
It would be extremely helpful if in the u2u message the offending comment would be included.

Well, you do not read your messages anyway.....

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

MadMax9

Hardly likely, ATS exists to reveal current medias censorship while they do it themselves as far as I can see so far.
I guess this will get deleted too. If so it may be mods are insecure about others comments while supporting hits against anyone else in fair game of forum opinions.

Man, I hope not. I was just hoping for some info to help make the site a bit better.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

hellobruce

caterpillage
It would be extremely helpful if in the u2u message the offending comment would be included.

Well, you do not read your messages anyway.....

Ahh, but I do, every once in a bit. Hence my question. Maybe if there was a thing in place to better let us know we have a message, I would read them more often, but that is not the focus of this talk yeah?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
of all the list your possibly on nsa, fbi, cia, tsa, by far the worst will be the ats one.

edit on 29-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Join the club.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lemme edit this. Basically i was told when i asked why my topic was deleted that i am just a guest on a private forum. I shouldn't bother to question topics that are labeled something and closed WITHOUT proof. Basically it does what it's told or it gets the hose again.

edit on 29-11-2013 by guardian0111 because:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

To be on the safe side as you tap the last period onto a post you are sending, bring up the copy box, highlight the text you want to save, and copy it. Bring up your email program and drop the text into it in as an email and send it to yourself. To make that relatively easy, taking only a couple of seconds, have your name at the beginning of your email address book list by putting an "A" or two of 'em in front of your name so it is right there.

In the email's subject line, simply put in ATS or something more definitive such as ATS-UFO.
That will guide you where to file it in your email message folders or at least what the topic is if you use only one folder for ATS. Basically, that procedure puts you in charge of your writings and they are at hand whether you are on ATS or not.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

There is a method in place to find out what was removed.

Simply u2u the mod who removed the post.

I get u2us from members from time to time, members don't always remember what was said.
I gladly forward the info to the member

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Insecure about what?

ATS has Terms and Conditions - every action taken is to attempt to make sure they are adhered to.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guardian0111

WOW

You could not possibly be more incorrect or dishonest... Which is it?

As I am the Staffer that performed the action of which you speak, it was clearly explained to you that you will NOT be allowed to subject our Members to your viral marketing

See??

Now doesn't the truth just feel better

top topics

join