It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrologers welcome!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

sharkman
reply to post by midnightstars

You may want to visit a site I joined recently located in Australia. There several very knowledgable astrologers who visit there and admin. Some Vedic (Hindu), Western and several other flavors too. Not a lot of activity there, but some very good input and views there. www.astrologerforum.com Nice folks there!

Thanks, sharkman, for the URL. I'm the eternal student, so I appreciate any leads. I'm always learning something new.

Are you an Aussie? Your moniker, sharkman, makes me think of the Great Barrier Reef.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

crowdedskies

Number 15 for Devil and 13 for Death , in the Tarot deck. As usual , I cherish what is most misunderstood.

I have not put my paintings on the web. They are very personal as they are all drawn from my imagination. However, I do occasionally share with friends.

Thanks for explaining that. I love Tarot too. Haven't read my cards in a while.

You must have a very vivid imagination and find it easy to visualize scenes.

I don't want to seem crass, but I'm sure there's a market for this type of artwork. It's nice if you can find a way to be paid to do what you love.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

midnightstars,

No, I'm no Aussie. The name is a carryover from online gaming. The website I mentioned has very slow traffic, but there is some interesting information and several well informed astrologers who post there. I just got a good vibe there!

Sorry about, side tracking the thread!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

yeah your right, didn't mean to try to hijack this thread

my bad :s

thanks for the help , im already having better results just with the input I've gotten from here.

but ill make sure to take your advice if things turn sour again

but for now tis a beautiful day and life is a magical

Be blessed

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Wow. Amazing. Your teaching me about astrology in this one thread then ive learned just curiously reading about it for years.

If you dont mind im going to save both of all of your post into a file i can read.

Thanks! Amazing, just amazing.

I cant wait to hear your analysis of my first chart you make it seem interesting.

Yes, you’re high-strung, with a tendency to depression. So hopefully, this might help you.

100% correct my friend.
edit on 13-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

midnightstars

You must have a very vivid imagination and find it easy to visualize scenes.

I don't want to seem crass, but I'm sure there's a market for this type of artwork. It's nice if you can find a way to be paid to do what you love.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, it would be great to earn something from doing what I enjoy . Not sure where this is leading me though; I have to balance the art with a career in business and finance.

What painting has taught me is that creativity is not limited to artwork.You can apply the same principles in your environment and create whatever circumstances you want.

Coming back to Astrology, I find that it is more interesting to study it within the context other occult principles. It overlaps with many other diciplines.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Coming back to Astrology, I find that it is more interesting to study it within the context other occult principles. It overlaps with many other diciplines.

This is where my curiosity derives its benefit. I am interested in magical systems and geometry. In order to better understand these ideas i need to better understand myself in relation to the universal mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

onequestion

This is where my curiosity derives its benefit. I am interested in magical systems and geometry. In order to better understand these ideas i need to better understand myself in relation to the universal mind.

You are certainly on the right track. Macrocosm and Microcosm; As above so below; Universal mind and individual mind. All about Rhythms, Patterns and Associations.

edit on 13-12-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Oh yeah, im right there. Its a long lonely road.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

onequestion

I am interested in magical systems and geometry. In order to better understand these ideas i need to better understand myself in relation to the universal mind.

That is the perfect frame of mind to learn about Astrology.

A lot of modern astrologers call themselves Jungian astrologers. Their approach adopt some of the theories of Carl Gustav Jung.

Whether Jungian or not, modern astrologers map out the human mind to the skies above. Planets are assigned to unconscious urges and states of mind. Then by looking at the planetary positions as well as their geometry and myths, they are able to deduce the states of mind within the individual. Furthermore, as the planets move, they are able to predict destiny.

Mark Edmund Jones, although not a jungian astrologer as such, used to say that planets represent urges in the unconscious.

What all astrologers have in common is that they recognise that the patterns in the skies above are reflected within the psyche of individuals.

Just like saying that the Universe is a reflection of the mind, it is just as valid to say that the mind is a reflection of the universe. In truth they are the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thats exactly what ive been thinking.

I look into the universe with the understanding that the universe is the cosmic mind and that my mind and the cosmic mind are the same.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Another thing that I want to get out of the way is an astrological description of your physical appearance.

I need your feedback on this. If my description is off, let me know and let me know just how far off. You don’t have to announce your race.

A Gemini Ascendant or Gemini Rising normally gives an attractive appearance. They tend to be taller than average, lean or even thin, with long limbs.

The hands & feet may be large.

It can produce a handsome or lovely face with fine features; a finely molded, sharp nose, and beautiful eyes.

If the person is of North European extraction, a Gemini Asc. tends to be lighter rather than darker, as in blue or gray or green eyes. The hair could be light brown or blond or light red.
In your case with Mars in the 1st House, red hair is a possibility.

Of course, this description has to be adapted to the different races. If an Eskimo has Gemini Rising, I would expect him to be taller than the average Eskimo and with finer features than the average Eskimo, etc.

Brad Pitt has Sidereal Gemini Rising.

Of course, other things can influence the appearance, such as the planets in the 1st House.

Mercury in the 1st House only increases the likelihood of the “pure” S Gemini appearance coming through. It also adds youthfulness. You look younger than your years. It’s exactly sextiled by Venus which heightens the beauty.

Mars in the 1st can add muscle, and increase the manliness of the appearance.

The Sun here can “masculinize” the face & form and increase the likelihood of baldness (too much T).

The Moon in the 1st House can shorten the height and “feminize” the features. It can give a round face and further increase the beauty of the eyes – liquid, radiant eyes.

If the planets in the 1st are marred by very malefic aspects, the beauty normally associated with S Gemini Rising can be diminished (not in your case).

My guess is that you’re physically attractive because your East Point (EP) and AntiVertex (AV) both support the attractiveness of your S Gemini Rising.

The EP and AV are alternate Ascendants. Usually I don’t pay much attention to them unless they’re doing something interesting.

In your chart they’re doing something interesting.

Your EP is in Taurus (ruled by Venus) and is exactly opposed to Uranus & exactly trined to Jupiter. Here again is the influence of Venus (Beauty). A Taurus EP would tend to shorten the height of Gemini and increase stockiness. Can confer a melodious speaking voice and maybe a good singing voice, gifts that belong to Gemini anyway.

Your AV is in Aries (ruled by Mars) exactly conjoined with Venus. This is a “masculine” Venus that I will go into later when I discuss your love life. This is a reiteration of the Mars qualities already in your Gemini 1st House. As I said before, this Venus is exactly sextile to your Almuten, Mercury.

Your AV & Venus are exactly sextile your MC and exactly trine your IC, besides being conjoined with the North Node.

I will go into the character & psychological traits of these aspects later.

For now I’m concentrating on your physical appearance. I would be very surprised if you’re not physically attractive.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

crowdedskies

...What painting has taught me is that creativity is not limited to artwork.You can apply the same principles in your environment and create whatever circumstances you want.

Your ability to visualize clearly is invaluable to your manifestation "work."

Yes, as I'm sure you already know, learning the basics of Astrology was part of the training in certain famous magickal groups.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

onequestion

Thats exactly what ive been thinking.

I look into the universe with the understanding that the universe is the cosmic mind and that my mind and the cosmic mind are the same.

Or at the very least, the individual mind and the cosmic mind are connected. I can quibble.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Im 5'11 just about 6'. Brown hair, light brown, hazel eyes. Very athletic. Big feet but normal hands. Im 28 and my hairline isnt exactly what it used to be. My skin is light for sure.

Definitely connected at the very least.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

midnightstars,

Awesome observations, I'm learning more in just a few short posts than I have in several weeks of reading, note taking and meditating on these things. I'm even more encouraged to continue my studies.

You are seem to have spent a serious amount of time learning to integrate these different tools. I'm quite impressed and excited to put more emphasis on my own study.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Midnightstars, as you know , usingTropical astrology would make the ascendant Cancer rather than Gemini. In the Chart in the opening post the Ascendant is Cancer .

Now this is where it gets interesting. Influences of planets and signs are always confirmed elsewhere in the chart. Therefore a Sidereal astrologer will come to the same conclusion as a tropical astrologer in the end.

Well done on the physical description

edit on 14-12-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I mentioned earlier that I would be describing the astrological houses by starting with house number 12 and working backwards. I have now changed my mind and will start with the house which is the most topical in the thread at the moment. That house is house # 6.

The twelve segments in a chart represent the different areas of experience (for example, House 1 determines personal appearance; house 2 relates to money and values; house 7 to partners, etc). Houses represent the same things for everybody , except that the affairs of each house will be affected by the planets and signs that occupy or rule that house in a person’s chart. For example someone born with an unafflicted Jupiter in the second house is likely to be successful with money. Someone with Saturn there will experience the opposite effect and is likely to be financially burdened throughout life.

Let's move on to the 6th House. In my view, this is the house that most astrologers under-rate . Traditional astrology states that this house represents things such as work, health, body , pets, routines, work colleagues and so on. These are all valid attributions . More importantly, this house represents the point where the mind intergrates with the environment. It is therefore the most relevant astrological house when it comes to magic.

Mercury is the natural ruler of the 6th House and Virgo is the sign associated with that house (I am not referring to your chart but to the history behind that house). Ancient astrologers counted from Aries and the sixth sign was Virgo. By symbolic association/correspondence the qualities of Virgo were assigned to the 6th house. Hence here we have our daily routines; upkeep of our body; mental assessment of where we are going; diseases , work etc.

The environment is an exteriorisation of the mind and so is the body. Inevitably, a dirty or indiciplined mind only results in a dirty and indiciplined body or one which is diseased. Similarly daily routines and mundane ups and downs are nothing more than the mind intergrating with the outside and creating its own environment.

When we look at the affairs of the 6th House in a chart, we look to see which planets and signs are affecting that area. When I said in an earlier post that you had a “leaky” aura , this was based on Neptune occupying that house. There are dozens more conclusions that can be drawn just by Neptune’s position in that house. You also have Uranus in the 6th House. That would indicate something unsual or pioneering going on with the affairs of that house. Could mean unusual work or a need to be unconventional at work or work connected to IT (Uranus is associated with computers and technology) It could mean an unsual pet. Do you keep a python at home or some other unusual pet ?

I am not going to interpret the placements in your 6th house in this post. The point that I wanted to make is that astrology complements the other occult teachings. Mercury (or Hermes in Greek mythology; Thoth in Egyptian mythology) has always been a key player in Magic; often referred to as messenger of the Gods. From the qabalistic point of view the significance of Mercury is the ability to cut and shape forces. Astrologically-speaking he has a dual role; as the natural ruler of both the 3rd House and the 6th House; but it is the 6th house that reveals more about this planet.

edit on 14-12-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

onequestion

Im 5'11 just about 6'. Brown hair, light brown, hazel eyes. Very athletic. Big feet but normal hands. Im 28 and my hairline isnt exactly what it used to be. My skin is light for sure.

Definitely connected at the very least.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Definitely Mars has made its presence known in your physical appearance. Mars (God of War) is prominent in the charts of warriors & athletes.

Now I have to take all the other info on your 1st House and put it into words.

Later.
edit on 14-12-2013 by midnightstars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm watching this thread closely its one of the most interesting threads ive read in a while, not only because its about my chart but because the information from the two of you is amazing and well written.

I am enjoying this thread 100%.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join