It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Extraterrestrial Craft Have Flashing Lights?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

apydomis
reply to post by catfishjoe

Why would such advanced technology even need to have exterior lights?

Because they have to follow FAA/ICAO regulations, or they'll be grounded.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Never mind lights...Do they Have Window wipers or are they just fair weather flyers. ?

I was really surprised when I first saw the Turkey ufo, the one with windows, but then it made perfect sense, why not?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hollow earth hypothesis. Maybe.....just maybe I can see the use of exterior lights.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Ive thought about this as well and have 2 theories

1 is they do it specifically so they ARE noticed
2 it is a part of the UFOs engine or anti-gravity device or something like that

I reckon that if they have crossed interstellar space or some dimensional gateway to get here they have probably technologically passed the need for headlights.

This is similar to what I think. They want to be seen. When people have close up sightings it is not like bird watching; as if they just happened across a ufo. These sightings are deliberate and people see ufos because the sighting is set up. They want to get attention because they want to create ufo consciousness in humanity. Ufo sightings are pure theater.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Would an Extraterrestrial Craft be knocked out of the sky by a WW2 radar ?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Interesting post. You gave me something to think about.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Would an Extraterrestrial Craft Have Flashing Lights?

I dunno. I haven't met any alien that was behind their design... yet, lol.

But, that said... I don't know why they wouldn't, or couldn't have flashing lights or landing gear or windows or stewardesses or nasty latrines on board...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

Simple. Just like a magician. They need to distract you from the important stuff going on. Quick dummies watch this! Perhaps it's what they want you to notice.
Took an equipment course in the Navy. If you took the major failure indication it took you 1/2 hour to find the source of the problem. If you took the little indication as your starting point it took 5 minutes. If we continues to watch the major light show there is probably very little possibility of finding the answer. Next time observe and search for the most minor indication as starting point.
Perhaps just perhaps that finds something else going on.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Flashing lights like we have on our planes and helicopters no, but perhaps lights of another purpose, like lasers finders, propulsion devices, photography equipment and such. That stuff could either flash or appear to flash.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by EnPassant

Interesting post. You gave me something to think about.

This is also true of abductions. They are very much a piece of theatre. The 'religious' content of abductions are always a reflection of the abductees' belief system. A new age person will see new age stuff, a Christian will see Christian stuff. The ETs put on a show to imbue the experience with a pretence towards 'spiritual' experience but they are only doing this to get power over the victim. Jim Sparks has fallen for this. He believes they are wonderful beings that are here to do us good. ETs use the language of religion, metaphor and myth rather than plain English. They want theatre. The Nazis done the same thing with their torch lit processions at night, the Nordic myth, etc.
edit on 2-12-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

amazing
Flashing lights like we have on our planes and helicopters no, but perhaps lights of another purpose, like lasers finders, propulsion devices, photography equipment and such. That stuff could either flash or appear to flash.

i can go with the "other" use.

who knows how congested, interstellar space is! lol!

and it might be a universal thing. optics.

diff space faring species, might not have the same senses but can still see, each others craft.

or maybe they are sending, "hey, we're friendly" but we don't know how to read the lights.

glad they do, or we would miss the light show.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

EnPassant

IkNOwSTuff
Ive thought about this as well and have 2 theories

1 is they do it specifically so they ARE noticed
2 it is a part of the UFOs engine or anti-gravity device or something like that

I reckon that if they have crossed interstellar space or some dimensional gateway to get here they have probably technologically passed the need for headlights.

This is similar to what I think. They want to be seen. When people have close up sightings it is not like bird watching; as if they just happened across a ufo. These sightings are deliberate and people see ufos because the sighting is set up. They want to get attention because they want to create ufo consciousness in humanity. Ufo sightings are pure theater.

I'll go along with that and I'll add, they only appear to people who are ready to see them and they know when they are being recorded and can control our electronic equipment.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I'm ready!!!! Maybe not enough tho. What about wind shield wipers. Hmmmm......

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
No, they wouldn't have any at all, they would be a solid light. Here a hint, even with Satellites, they stay a solid light from a good distance. Airplane will flicker and blink in and out, due to the headlight an airplane uses.

In some cases, the ufo itself the blinking light.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

A satellite doesn't have any lights on it though, when we see them it's because they are reflecting sunlight, obviously this is at night when the sun has set but the satellites are high up enough to be in the light of the sun from over the horizon. This is why some clear nights you will see many satellites and others you won't, it is also why sometimes you will see a satellite suddenly disappear, it has gone from being in the sunlight to entering the Earth's shadow, it is all to do with the position of the sun.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Does a satellite shine?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by Specimen

A satellite doesn't have any lights on it though, when we see them it's because they are reflecting sunlight, obviously this is at night when the sun has set but the satellites are high up enough to be in the light of the sun from over the horizon. This is why some clear nights you will see many satellites and others you won't, it is also why sometimes you will see a satellite suddenly disappear, it has gone from being in the sunlight to entering the Earth's shadow, it is all to do with the position of the sun.

So satellites don't have exterior lights? I never knew that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join