It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Javelins Predate Modern Humans, Raise Questions on Evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If I pick up a rock that is 100,000 years old and make a javelin head from it, is it new or is it still 100,000 years old?

Because a material is shaped on a certain date doesn't make the material newly formed, it makes the form new.

Dating rocks only applies to the rocks and not any changes to them in their future.
edit on 29/11/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So, interesting that the 40ar/39ar dating method relies on not only assumption on the amount of argon present initially and constant decay rates for potassium and argon, but also relies upon another dating method, k/ar, as a calibration? Source

No wonder when Cambridge was given samples from Mount St. Helens but not told the nature of the samples, they tested the rocks to be from 1/3 of million years to almost 3 million years old despite the rocks really only being 10 years old. This was using the K/Ar method that is apparently used as a calibration for the Ar/Ar method.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

PplVSNWO
So, interesting that the 40ar/39ar dating method ...

Far far more interesting is the observation that young earth creationist websites continue to never mention isochron dating techniques that are used to cross reference and check the assumptions that you are so worried about.
Its almost like... they dont want their audience to know.
Its almost like... they only wish to tell half the story because the full story would destroy their argument.

PplVSNWO
No wonder when Cambridge was given samples from Mount St. Helens ...

See here.
Its a case of garbage in - garbage out that occurs when people who are not geologists have no idea what they're doing. Would you use a car speedometer to measure the temperaure of your bathwater? Would you use a stopwatch as a rain gauge? Would you use a thermometer to measure frequency of radio signal?
The young earth creationists Swenson and Austin probably would, it seems, based on how they cocked up the Mt St Helens thing.
(Unless they were actually trying to be fraudulent. There is always that possibility)

edit on amFridayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Humankind has existed for several Trillion years. Not that the Evolutionist-vs-Creationist crowd would have any clue of that.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
For one thing....the volcanic glass the point is made of naturally breaks off in shards and the working of the point can be minimal really....ive seen lots of naturally shaped "spear points" busted off obsidian.....
Whats so intelligent about tying something sharp to a stick for throwing...this seems almost second nature to do
there were a lot of volcanoes back then, and obsidian would be fairly easy to find.........
as far as the date goes...don't they also find the date by the strata layer the object is found in as well?
deeper is older.....usually, and the date of the layers should be geologically determinable to some degree......

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Humankind has existed for several Trillion years. Not that the Evolutionist-vs-Creationist crowd would have any clue of that.

Several Trillion years??? That's slightly older than the universe by several trillion years... Can you point me in the direction of how you arrived at those figures?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

LOL. You know when people say stuff like that I do not even bother commenting it just feeds them. But if you want to fight that battle I say good luck to you and this should be entertaining. Please do not hurt your head as you bang it against the wall.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

LOL. You know when people say stuff like that I do not even bother commenting it just feeds them. But if you want to fight that battle I say good luck to you and this should be entertaining. Please do not hurt your head as you bang it against the wall.

While at least we can agree on real head scratcher when we see one lol....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join