It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP’s Hunger Games: More Food Stamp Cuts for the Holidays?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good
of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may
at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good
will torment us without end for they do so with the approval
of their own conscience."

-C.S. Lewis

Something you need to learn.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer you’re an old tired record.

Conservative dogma over and over and over. Straight out of Sarah Palin’s books

Government is good or bad as people let it happen

TAXES PAYS FOR ROADS AND SCHOOLS AND WHEN YOU GET OLD

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Feeding children is being a moral busybody?

Fighting for the right of minorities is being a moral busybody?

Fighting to save the environment is being a moral busybody

Fighting to stop wars is being a moral busybody

Fighting for the ignorant and deceived like GOP followers is being a moral busybody

Then I am a moral busybody and proud of it!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer you’re an old tired record.

Conservative dogma over and over and over. Straight out of Sarah Palin’s books

Government is good or bad as people let it happen

TAXES PAYS FOR ROADS AND SCHOOLS AND WHEN YOU GET OLD

I'm a truck driver show me a road that's worth a damn!

And if your not saving for retirement, because you think government is going to be there, well good luck.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
God help them for they know not what they do

Remove the blinders form their eyes so they can see the error of their ways

Lord give me the patience to aid the ignorant as they do things to destroy themselves and others

Lord help those morally and intellectually deprived where they are BLIND! For I have used logic, reason, and the morality of the best to persuade them but there is darkness about

AMEN!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

The roads are in disrepair because the GOP doesn’t want to spend.
As are the bridges, schools, and streets

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
"Urban hunger" "Obesity, bad food choices" are not going to be solved by cutting SNAP. It is not going to force people who make bad food choices, into eating any healthier than what they do now. All it will do is continue bad food choices, just less food.

I'm a huge proponent of food stamps for those who genuinely need and do not make welfare their lifestyle. People must eat. There will always be poor people. We should not punish the poor.

We can funnel money after money into the military industrial complex, we can send money to Iran, but we can't feed our own.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Willtell

Yet we can send money to other countries, so that they can rebuild what we have destroyed. There are streets in a certain Missouri town that my grandfather helped build in the 30's. I find it disgusting that we cannot even fix our streets now. No wonder the moral of our country is so depressed, there is no pride taken in our country, there are no jobs, and so many things are in disrepair.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

Feeding children is being a moral busybody?

Feeding children is the responsibility of the parent.

Fighting for the right of minorities is being a moral busybody?

Laws are already in place.

Fighting to save the environment is being a moral busybody

Since when has it been the governments responsibility to save a tree?

Fighting to stop wars is being a moral busybody

Fighting to win a war is the responsibility of civilian leadership. Which has failed!!!

Fighting for the ignorant and deceived like GOP followers is being a moral busybody

Then I am a moral busybody and proud of it!

My life is none of your go-damned business!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I often notice how the same people who want to punish the poor are silent about the crimes of the wealthy, and the size of our military budget.

Socially conditioned drones who look down upon those that are not in the same situation as they are in will sadly find themselves face to face with those they stick their noses up at sooner or later if the elite continues to push society to the point of no return.

Should everyone earn their keep? Yes they should. Should we be glad to see the working poor, people who do not sit lazily on their stumps, being targeted by those who claim in one breath we need cuts, but funnel billions of dollars towards other things? No, we should not.
edit on 28-11-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

beezzer
The number of people on food stamps has nearly doubled under the Obama administration, and no-one bats an eye. But look at cuts and everyone wee's themselves.

It's time to stop playing the blame game, dems vs repubs, it doesn't matter. They are all the same to me. All psychopaths, some are blood thirsty for war. Our "leaders" could care less about human affairs as long as they get their wars. They could care less about priorities, and allocating money where it should be. Let the vets starve, send more money to Iran.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good Luck, and may the odds be forever in your favor...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Taissa

beezzer
The number of people on food stamps has nearly doubled under the Obama administration, and no-one bats an eye. But look at cuts and everyone wee's themselves.

It's time to stop playing the blame game, dems vs repubs, it doesn't matter. They are all the same to me. All psychopaths, some are blood thirsty for war. Our "leaders" could care less about human affairs as long as they get their wars. They could care less about priorities, and allocating money where it should be. Let the vets starve, send more money to Iran.

Exactly.

I tire of the political ideologues playing this team game/waving pom poms when both sides are equally guilty of the global war, rape, and pillaging of the human populace being carried out by those in power.

Those who cling to their ideologies and continue with the left/right paradigm are nothing more than complicit slaves, and cannon fodder for those who seek to trample upon everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing G-damed are the souls of those who don't care for the poor.

"The camel will pass through the eye of a needle before a rich man enters paradise"

If you don't want to contribute

GO TO THE MOUNTAINS AND LIVE BY YOURSELF!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ITS ABOUT ISSUES FOLKS!

It’s not about left/right paradigm it’s about individual issues.

I condemned Democrats when they wanted to invade Syria

I mostly condemn THE GOP only because most of the time they are on the wrong side of issues.

I condemn politicians according to how they stand on any particular issue.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
l

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Tax cuts on the rich.... HAHAHAHHA Look at all those jobs that got created due to tax cuts, I mean "profits for the rich"

Ohh wait our economy is in the tank... i wonder why?

Sorry for double post, ats is really wonky right now.
edit on 11/28/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing G-damed are the souls of those who don't care for the poor.

"The camel will pass through the eye of a needle before a rich man enters paradise"

If you don't want to contribute

GO TO THE MOUNTAINS AND LIVE BY YOURSELF!

I'll contribute AFTER my family is taken care of.

Don't you get it????

No-one is going to "contribute" if their own children are hungry. YOUR government program to force contributions puts everyone at risk!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Taissa

Willtell

Yet we can send money to other countries, so that they can rebuild what we have destroyed. There are streets in a certain Missouri town that my grandfather helped build in the 30's. I find it disgusting that we cannot even fix our streets now. No wonder the moral of our country is so depressed, there is no pride taken in our country, there are no jobs, and so many things are in disrepair.

That's the GOP alone? That's what happens when we the people don't stand up, and say we live in a republic!

That will never stop until WE say, hey you represent US, not big corporations.

And that has nothing to do with this thread. We're debating over witch party is killing the little man with there policies.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

You seem to think only republicans are taking money from lobbyists.

I ask you to read what Wikileaks has released on the TPP. That's all Obama and company, their hiding it from republicans, and most democrats, as well as us. Why? Because it's a scam to make those in the know, and with ties to big corporations RICH!

So go ahead continue your delusional beliefs, just don't make a thread about democrats when the time comes, I'll be remembering you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join