It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima - Pacific Ocean is Dying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The world as we know is changing. Everyday a bad new is added. Can you preview consequences of a world with radioactive Oceans ?

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Anyone having trouble with timeouts while posting?

This is getting really annoying

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Skeptic broke ATS

On topic, i dont know what to believe about Fukishima, i am not educated enough on nuclear physics. Maybe i should take a class?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

intrptr
Anyone having trouble with timeouts while posting?

This is getting really annoying

Ditto..yes I'm having trouble.....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by intrptr

Skeptic broke ATS

On topic, i dont know what to believe about Fukishima, i am not educated enough on nuclear physics. Maybe i should take a class?

Thank you,sounds like ATS is under attack?

To answer your question: The media is down playing these events. Repeatedly in the video in the link, they conclude "no one has any idea whats causing these events". One "scientist" claims its something to do with "warm weather", and "people moving around", whatever that means.

I can assure you that the animals dying are being tested (somewhere) and the tests themselves can detect whatever toxins and radioactivity are present. The results however, aren't being made public. Instead we get the expert media snow job (we have no idea).

Since poisons bioaccumulate in higher life forms, they are readably detectable with spectrum analysis.

We just can't detect the results from here.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Previewing the post in the post window before replying and capturing it in case its lost seems to work.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

angkory13
The world as we know is changing. Everyday a bad new is added. Can you preview consequences of a world with radioactive Oceans ?

www.cbc.ca...

Natural radiation in the Ocean is much, much stronger than the radiation from Fukushima. There is something else going on. Pacific Ocean is warmer than normally, so it could be the reason.

weather.unisys.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

how do you know that natural radiation is much much stronger?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think it's a very serious regional issue and a catastrophic one for Japan as a whole. The east coast of Japan in particular. The Pacific is a BIG BIG Ocean though. Much larger than the Atlantic and with a mix master of currents

If we want something to worry about, we have larger problems, in my opinion, much closer to home and of our own doing. This map is just one and limited to what they chose to look at in one IAEA report.

IAE A Bulletin

Fuku has the potential to change into a much worse situation, while these others quietly sit and inevitably corroding over time....and that's just what was being claimed back then. Much more is known to exist out there now. Whole reactor assemblies went into the ocean by some nations.

It's hard to be sure just where radiation will be sourcing from anymore.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We were already killing the oceans before #ushima (my bad) with plastics, oil, sewage, drugs, and heaven know's what other stuff. Just the change in salinity from global warming's ice melt is a problem.

All the bastards are coming home to roost - Fukushima just the latest.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

In the long run Fukushima might actually be good for Wildlife because people will stop fishing in the waters and leave nature alone.

Just look at Chernobyl. Wildlife seems to be flourishing after such a "disaster".

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by angkory13

Yea! Has me a little bit on edge for sure, It could be that we are just passing through the Galactic Plain, Or Hanford Has now made it down the Columbia And is really doing harm to the West Coast.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

The Wildlife is not "really flourishing" in Chernobyl,
before they had ca. 900 different Species and now they are down to ca. 600!

Landscape portrait:
A look at the impacts of radioactive contaminants on Chernobyl’s wildlife

Pdf-lecture

@ Ocean Topic,
we will see but i am highly optimistic that the Nightmare
is not based on the 03/11 Accident.

Mass- Die Offs are normal and happened always and continue in this Pattern!

But have a look:
The Return of the Seals
Woods and Hole Oceanographic Institut

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Natural Radioactivity in the Ocean

All water on the Earth, including seawater, has some radionuclides in it. In the following table, the oceans' volumes were calculated from the 1990 World Almanac:

Pacific = 6.549 x 10-17 m3
Atlantic = 3.095 x 10-17 m3
Total = 1.3 x 10-18 m3

Natural Radioactivity

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I read the same about background radiation. And natural radiation. and it would seem that there is more then what Fuc is dumping into the pacific. Read About what might be happening with Hanford. this could be the cause on the west coast because it has been going on alot longer the fuc.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Great stuff, Thank-you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Thebel

how do you know that natural radiation is much much stronger?

Its not.

If you notice, certain experts come on these threads and cite sources and charts and papers issued by studies that allude to how safe it all is.

But none of them point us to results of studies that tell us whats wrong with the animals or what current levels of toxicity and radioactivity in the Pacific ocean actually is.

The poster you responded to concludes "maybe its warmer", just like the OP's article. And he hasn't gotten back to you…

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

intrptr

But none of them point us to results of studies that tell us whats wrong with the animals or what current levels of toxicity and radioactivity in the Pacific ocean actually is.

This is wrong, we find Results for nearly all of the Mass Die-Offs
(what a bad name!)

To look for Fukushima only is one the most bad and stupid Attitude we can do,
there are many other Things going on in the World of today,
Hormones, Pharmaceutical Pollution, Methane, Parasites, Measles, Immune Defects,
Water Temperature, minerologiocal Changes like Desalination, etc., etc.,
the List is nearly endless!

The World was already "doomed" before she was even t/here,
because this is the Way how the Universe works!

And we can't do much more than collecting and analysing all this Data,
there may come a Point (for sure i hope) when "the Hive" get a/ "the Eureka-Experience",
get enlightened and vanish quickly into the Nibbana like all the other Hives before.

This is, of course, not a Reason to continue with the aggressive Exploitation
and Pollution of this beautiful Planeto!
edit on 28-11-2013 by Human0815 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Plants die in ocean, population goes

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
more flags the more time to type.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join