It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spying on citizens is common place now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Israeli Data Spies Have Eyes Focused on U.S. Citizens

While the National Security Agency (NSA) spying scandal continues to grab national headlines, the equally egregious intelligence gathering on United States citizens by Israeli security firms has virtually flown under the radar.

If American citizens are upset that the federal government is eavesdropping on their communications, they should be more than outraged that proxies of an oppressive and untrustworthy foreign nation like Israel are helping their local police departments do the exact same thing.

I guess NSA was just the tip of the iceberg that got broken off. Now even the LEOs are buying the technology to spy on citizens. FEMA camp here I come!
edit on 11/28/2013 by colddeadhands because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Imagine how upset people will be when they realize every major world power does this very same thing, to the extent every other nation allows it to be done to them? Russians against Chinese, Chinese against Australians, Americans against pretty much everyone, and Israel defending from even America these days. Oh My!

It's a messy messy mud pit which international 'diplomacy just shy of other means' has become. Particularly since leaks and missteps in recent years have all but destroyed the State Dept's ability to function in it's traditional role. (having bumbling idiots and political ticket punchers leading State hasn't helped, of course)

It sure doesn't surprise me that Israel is snooping though. With our own intelligence pointed inward along side them, who is left minding the Counter-intelligence store? Since Arabs are seemingly thought of as too simple to have good intelligence of their own, it seems a neglected effort (Foolishly so, in my opinion). So also a Bonanza for any number of nations in a position to exploit America's current weakness and split nature.

It sure isn't just Jonathan Pollard anymore.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Who knew that the "I spy with my little eye" game was actually invented by the government to manipulate people into believing that spying is fun. /tinfoilhat

Jokes aside, I seriously hope our governments don't borrow toilet cam tech from Japan. If I'm going to have one piece of privacy it's going to be on the crapper... I'm being serious.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

II'm old enough to remember when it was all over the news that the government “wiretapped” some phone line. It was big news, “Illegal Wiretaps” in the headlines.

Now it would be news if someone in this country was NOT the subject of “wiretapping”. I really don't understand how it's all OK now, it's sad actually.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

NickK3
Now it would be news if someone in this country was NOT the subject of “wiretapping”.

It would read like an article from The Onion.

James Smith shocked to find he is not being spied on.
"I really dont know why the NSA is ignoring me."

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The article was too long to reprint IMO but what I found most disturbing is that so many of our own local law enforcement actually think it is perfectly acceptable to spy on us. I always knew these guys were a bunch of control freaks on the streets but now they don't just have to target random victims. I can see them sitting around in the break room eating donuts and coffee and deciding "which a##hole should we f##k over today, and who's turn is it to shoot him?"

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

NickK3

II'm old enough to remember when it was all over the news that the government “wiretapped” some phone line. It was big news, “Illegal Wiretaps” in the headlines.

Now it would be news if someone in this country was NOT the subject of “wiretapping”. I really don't understand how it's all OK now, it's sad actually.

Oh, yeah, Nixon.

Saint Nixon.

How he suffered for our sins...

Listen...if this means that I don't have to think about a meth lab blowing up as I drive my kids to the mall, or an airplane knocking down a few buildings when I attend Temple, then I am all for it.

In fact, I demand it.

Would you rather that more persons die?

Times change. Those who are most fit to 'run things' just happen to be the most intelligent. They are so bright, it's like looking at sparklers when they show their eyes.

If I have to pay a guy 100 K per annum to spy on my bedroom, I'll send him a pair of my best star-spangled panties! I'd like to know why so many Americans equate 'intelligence' with 'evil'. I just don't get it.

# 89
edit on 29-11-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

If all the government would do with the information was stop the major stuff like that, I might not be bothered by it so much. The problem is that first they get the real bad guy, then they get some minor bad guys, then when they are bored they find new reasons for the people to be bad guys so they can get them too. So it is not so much that we're against it, it's just that we're against the abuse of it that we know will follow any real purpose.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I watched a good series by the BBC on ancient civilisations.

With regard to the Hitites, before their civilisation collapsed, their Elite became very paranoid and sent out 'spies' to listen to what people were talking about and the infighting at the 'top' of their leadership became severe. Not long after it was goodbye Hitite civilisations.

Where Elites suffer from paranoia, whatever the cause of this 'discomfort', proves insecurity and fear and this leads to weakness and inevitable collapse.

Whether the collapse is by design or 'nature', history proves that when the people in charge start 'hanging on by their fingernails' the future becomes uncertain.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I didn't know about the Hitite's(not much of a history buff) but I can certainly relate to the paranoia in high office. I guess total corruption comes with total paranoia. Sort of like absolute power brings absolute corruption.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

TheWhiteKnight

NickK3

Listen...if this means that I don't have to think about a meth lab blowing up as I drive my kids to the mall, or an airplane knocking down a few buildings when I attend Temple, then I am all for it.

In fact, I demand it.

Would you rather that more persons die?...

# 89
edit on 29-11-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

Sometimes you have to think about the "anything to be safe" approach. We could save a lot of lives by refusing to have a military if that's the first priority - no more wars.

What!? - You say some people must be lost to preserve our freedom? - Exactly...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

The Sheep feel safe with the Farmer........but should they?

Sometimes when I'm driving along and see all those sheep in the fields I can't help but think 'RUN SHEEP!'

Do you see what I'm saying here?

new topics

top topics

join