It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Birth Control: Easy, Effective, Available, and Totally Unheard Of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The male birth control shot is cheap, effective, and administered in a relatively painless 15 minute outpatient procedure and has been in existence for 25 years.
It lasts for ten years and is easily reversible.

Drug companies want something they can sell repeatedly. This shot is a one stop shop — once the patient gets it they never have to get it again.
...the drug would not make them much money if it costs less than the syringe it’s delivered in.
Drug companies want to make money.

Source

Interesting, I never knew such a thing existed. I can see how this would certainly not be something the drug companies would want us to have; however, it does raise some interesting questions.
If this would become widespread in the US, how would it effect population growth, and in what parts of society? I imagine low-income and minority groups would see the biggest impact, as those are the groups that have had the largest growth in recent years.
Seems like a good idea though, until of course the needle-in-the-**** part.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Don't you read the links you post before you post them ?!? Before you comment on something you should have understood it at least superficially...

It is currently going into small sample human trials and should be available in the United States in the next 3-5 years.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Panic2k11 because: grammar

If you got derailed by...

25 years of testing and we have not heard about it until now. 25 years of use in India, on humans, where it was said to be 100% effective and we have not jumped on board until now.

India and pharmacology testing is a very big problem (there are some good documentaries about this) big pharma prays on the poor for the human trials and the standards are extremely bad (and so their reliability is often put in check) because a person can be in multiple trials at the same time and avoid the time out between enrollment. Very bad stuff going on in India regarding human trials...

Another thing is that males/females have other problems addressed by the use of condoms (STDs)...
edit on 28-11-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I didn't think I could get pregnant

Thanks for the heads up

Cody

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"C'mon, woman... I had my male birth control shot! You CAN'T get pregnant with me!"

I wonder if a woman will take the chance when hearing that line in the future?...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of these invasive birth control. Side effects and carcinogen stuff.. no thanks...

Condom(male and/or female) is good enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is good news. It means that the popular dispute about how men have less legroom when it comes to preventing conception can be solved. Plus, it may loosen the pressure on women to undergo invasive procedures just to get the effectiveness up to 100%.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I saw a doco years ago about guys in Scandinavia who use something called the heat method.

Basically you put your goodie bag in hot water for 20 Min a day and your sterile, no shots, no surgery and its completely reversible.

Everyone should be doing this as opposed to the pill or shots or whatever else.

www.malecontraceptives.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

This was shut down by Feminism. It's true.

There was a push back a few years ago to have these drugs tested and available in North America and Europe and feminism groups cried foul stating it wasn't right that MEN would have all the control over reproduction with this pill etc etc..

Sad sad sad state of affairs our engineered gender war has created.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

luciddream
I'm not a big fan of these invasive birth control. Side effects and carcinogen stuff.. no thanks...

Condom(male and/or female) is good enough.

Yet you have little issue with vaccines and the side effects they cause

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ain't that nifty

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This was shut down by Feminism.

I have a hard time believing that. I think it's a way more complicated issue than women wanting to control pregnancy on their own terms. It seems to me it goes both ways.

In this video, the first woman clearly has an issue like you've described, but rest of the video seem pretty real.

Women definitely have a greater risk and, therefore, a better memory for remembering to take a pill every day, while men may tend to forget, and, in the heat of moment, lie about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

because invasive contraceptive is known to increase cancer rates. and i don't say it contributes 100% to it but it is known in women who have done hysterectomy etc, but vaccine on the other hand has no absolute proof, just has paranoia.

Anyways..

Why do u feel the need to bring another topic into the discussion? are u attacking the player or going after the ball?

i have different opinion on everything, i don't fall into some pre made category... just because u hate chicken i don't assume u hate beef too or feel the need to bring chicken into a topic about beef..

...now im hungry.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Just saying bro... I wasn't attacking anything

One poke is as good as another though

LOL

edit on 29-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

a better memory for remembering to take a pill every day, while men may tend to forget, and, in the heat of moment, lie about it.

Whoa.. there is some heavy bias there...

Men are uncontrollable sexual animals in heat and women are prefect angels keeping the nature in check?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by windword

a better memory for remembering to take a pill every day, while men may tend to forget, and, in the heat of moment, lie about it.

Men are uncontrollable sexual animals in heat and women are prefect angels keeping the nature in check?

This is the opposite of groundbreaking discovery, lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Some women do feel that way, as is obvious in the videos that I presented.

Personally, I think that women are more invested in remembering to take the pill than men, because they are the ones who have late period scares, abortions and babies. Single men may not be biologically reminded to take the pill, until it's too late.

Now, men who have children or are in a monogamous relationship, and invested in their child free relationship, can probably be considered responsible, but ultimately, that would be between the two who are having relationships.

A man paying child support or has had a pregnancy scare that affected his life, also may have reason to remember to take the pill. I"m just saying that women who truly don't want to become pregnant, will remember to take their pill.

new topics

top topics

join