It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby dinosaur skeleton found intact in Alberta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Source

An extremely well-preserved baby dinosaur skeleton has been discovered in Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta.

The fossil is extremely rare, as it’s the smallest intact skeleton ever found from a group of horned plant-eating dinosaurs known as ceratopsids — a group that includes the iconic triceratops.

"There's nothing else like it that I know of," said Don Brinkman from the Royal Tyrrell Museum.

This is just awesome, as stated in the article: "It's as close as you can get to a dinosaur mummy".

How many more to be dug up if they were once the dominant species on this planet...probably millions and God only knows how many races we don't even know existed.

Anyway, i though this was a great story and felt like sharing!
edit on 28-11-2013 by Teye22 because: to add picture

edit on 28-11-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Now that is pretty cool. Pic for this who can't be bothered visiting article:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

very very coooll man.

S+F

Its in good nick too, love to be able to get close up and have a dam good look at it with some detail

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the pic (I was trying to while you did

I appreciate that. How do you make it that big though?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

Yeah definitely. I would love to be able to witness this type of discovery first hand. Must be quite a feeling!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Just to let you know teye if you need to upload a image. Go to the white spot with the down arrow click upload grab then upload again and grab you're image then once its done uploading click the picture then copy the BBcode and paste this anywhere in you're post,reply. hope this help ya out .

See u about

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They mean they found the "impression" of a whole skeleton?
Because I am pretty sure that is sediment where bones used to be a long time ago.
And rather than finding a skeleton they found where one had been fossilized.

There are a few cases of organic material being found, but from what I understand it's exceptionally rare.

The article's webpage keeps crashing on me, and only loads the first 4 or 5 paragraphs so I don't know if they said there were actual bones or anything in the find. I doubt it though. Could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The fossil is extremely rare, as it’s the smallest intact skeleton ever found from a group of horned plant-eating dinosaurs known as ceratopsids — a group that includes the iconic triceratops.
reply to post by muzzleflash

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

coolcatt
reply to post by Teye22

Just to let you know teye if you need to upload a image. Go to the white spot with the down arrow click upload grab then upload again and grab you're image then once its done uploading click the picture then copy the BBcode and paste this anywhere in you're post,reply. hope this help ya out .

See u about

Thanks Coolcatt, I was using the thumbnail pic.....duh! I was wondering why some of my previous threads/post had larger pics... I got it now. I'm a quick one! loll

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting, very much so, thanx for sharing.........

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What strikes me the most about it, is that it seems to be bi-pedal, the way it is standing, even the neck angle to allow it to see properly when "standing up"... ...

Nice looking for sure!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Look at the cute little hood. Little baby dino with a little baby hood. Awwwwww!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Neat, S&F, I wonder if they tasted like turkey? (Can you tell I have a turkey in the oven and the house smells good?)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

muzzleflash
Because I am pretty sure that is sediment where bones used to be a long time ago.

There are a few cases of organic material being found, but from what I understand it's exceptionally rare.

The article's webpage keeps crashing on me, and only loads the first 4 or 5 paragraphs so I don't know if they said there were actual bones or anything in the find. I doubt it though. Could be wrong.

The (non-religious) dinosaur hoax question.

Some great evidence for the hoax is presented here.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That is an impressive fossil! Makes you wish you could have seen this little guy run around. SnF OP!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

muzzleflash

Actually it's rare they CHECK for organic material. I believe in the ones they have actually checked it has been common. No one ever checked though because conventional knowledge said it was impossible.

top topics

join