It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3d artists on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Steffer
Something like this might or might not be helpful.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
textured.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-4-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
Damn, that skin looks great. Lots of subdermal details I think it is called lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sometimes I make some 3d for my space images I like to make..

Like these.

and many more .. its experimental fun and a great tool to make great pictures. .
edit on 0b23America/ChicagoSat, 04 Apr 2015 19:02:23 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 04 Apr 2015 19:02:23 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
Nice, what program do you use? Kinda reminds me of VUE, with those nice looking atmospheres.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I use zbrush , terragen and photoshop for retouching

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

VUE is #ing awesome. I got to use that last semester. So amazing what that program can do and I didn't even get to scratch the surface of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
Yeah, my only gripe with VUE is that it renders soooooo slooooooooow. Like one single frame render has taken more than 24 hours before, and still came out kinda grainy lol. I am just diving into houdini now, or trying to at least, that is one complex crazy program.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Love zbrush, never tried terragen before, I have heard good things about the terrain generation in that one. It seems to do some pretty nice renders.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I think Terragen is one of the best when it comes to photo realistic landscapes and planetary stratosphere .. I've tried it with vue but somehow the altitudes doesn't seem to match the optical and realistic heights. .

edit on 0b52America/ChicagoWed, 08 Apr 2015 01:59:52 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 08 Apr 2015 01:59:52 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have heard VUE scale has changed a lot, so if you buy something from last year, without changing the global scale, and texture scale ETC, it will not be right. I was trying to build my own from scratch at the time, using everything that came with the program. Just made me angry as hell. Houdini is my last shot, I am planning on trying it for 6 months, if it is as dissapointing as everything else I tried, I give up. Bottom line is, I am only doing like matte paintings really, and not making much off of it, not sold a lot at all. I got into 3D to help with that, and thus far, I am better off just making a photobash in photoshop, no one is buying my stuff more now that I started the whole 3D thing, than when I just used a bunch of photoshop stuff, put it together and painted it. I notice it looks retarded that the lighting don't match up right, but no one else does, and no one is buying my work anyways lol. Learning more programs has not made me more money, and I am just about ready to give up on it all lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Maybe a little comfort I'm not selling either I just make them for fun .. If you really want to make it in this line of work , participating big online contests and win them, makes your name known in this artistic world only then you will start to sell IMO. .sadly I don't have the time to put myself in full for participating big contests. .I recently won a contest and got me a full year membership on a photoshop magazine lol but most of the things I see there I already know. Maybe if I have more time I will enter contest on deviant art or some other ..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join