It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angola denies it has banned Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You didn't read my post, nor did you check the link. (As it's from Wikipedia. It's not a "story".) You'd also realize I'm referring to myself as a liberal in the past tense. But typically of those who bury their heads in the sand, the'll often totally ignore what's being said and jump on the defensive.

Also, there's not two billion Muslims in Europe. My problem is with those who are here in the west. And what I posted is an accurate depiction of Islam within Europe.

"The truth doesn't adhere to political correctness. However, those who are politically correct often don't adhere to the truth". You're a prime example of that.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Auricom because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

lol...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

There was one time in the Muslim world when they had a degree of contentment, and the same thing can be said for the native Americans:

BEFORE THEY CAME IN CONTACT WITH THE WESTERN WORLD AND THE CREATION OF THE US AND THE CREATION OF ISRAEL!

Have a nice thanksgiving

Yup, there was never any discontent about succession to the Prophet. That's why Sunni and Shi'a have always gotten along so well. And of course the Zanj Rebellion was caused by time traveling Mossad agents. You have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

You have been polarized. The sides get defensive.

Asians and EUROPEANS AND ALL PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ETHNOCENTRIC.
When there is a fight going on it gets worst, polarized.

Your parents 50 years ago weren't fighting Muslims because there wasn't any political battles relative to them then.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

And Europe had a hundred years war and all kinds of sectarian wars over decades
Use to burn people at he stake and beheaded thousands in the French revolution

Went out and enslaved millions of Africans and colonized the third world and exterminated native Americans

Those countries, many of them are still recovering from 19th and 20th century colonialism

None of these human beings and their “civilizations” my friend are blemish free, east or west, north or south

There was a time when Moorish Spain was the height of the civilized world, when Spain was burning people alive. Overtime that has changed and I am sure it will change again when the great American empire falls and western values become problematic and obsolete.

Have a happy holiday

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by DJW001

There was one time in the Muslim world when they had a degree of contentment, and the same thing can be said for the native Americans:

BEFORE THEY CAME IN CONTACT WITH THE WESTERN WORLD AND THE CREATION OF THE US AND THE CREATION OF ISRAEL!

Have a nice thanksgiving

So before the western world stuck it's nose in the middle east they were a loving peaceful people.........................NICE.

Take a few minutes and study the history of the region.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Read my previous post. No one said they had a paradise in the middle east.

ALL civilizations have had internal strife over religion and ethnocentric politics.

But the Middle East compared to Europe in the middle ages was a better and more advanced civilization at the time, that’s established history.

The Arabs by interpreting the Greek classics for the Europeans helped to move Europe out of the dark ages

Now because of the colonialism Europe has gotten ahead culturally but believe me that will change

Every third world country save Japan and Turkey and maybe Iran was colonized by Europe, that’s established fact. I haven't even mentioned the far east and South America.

The countries in the middle east who had to go through European colonizers are:

Tunisia
Iraq
Libya
Egypt
Morocco
Mali
Algeria
Jordon
Lebanon

"Colonialism is the establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and between the colonists and the indigenous population."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism

www.coldwarstudies.com...

edit on 28-11-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I never said the West was perfect; you on the other hand seem to think that all of the ummah's problems spring from two sources and two alone, and that without Europeans, Americans and Jews, the Muslim world would be perfect. Stop blaming others and take responsibility for yourselves. That's all I have to say on that particular subject. Now, please ask yourself why Westerners and Israelis don't riot in the streets because they have heard a rumor that a film no-one has actually seen may be insulting, or hold angry demonstrations because they heard a rumor that a country with virtually no Muslim population doesn't consider Islam to be a major religion. Why is that? What does that tell you about how much repair work needs to be done on the Muslim psyche.?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

"Colonialism is the establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and between the colonists and the indigenous population.

And what do you call it when warriors ride out of the desert and put everyone to the sword who refuses to accept their religion and lifestyle? Islam. Do you see the irony here?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Everything is banned in China and we bend over backwards for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Show me one line where I said the Muslim world was ever perfect?

And that I blamed the West for all their problems.

All I said was that they have had trouble since being colonized by the west.

I stated THAT NO societies as far as I know are and have been perfect.

So what in the world are you talking about but stuff in your own mind.

If a country is colonized you think that doesn’t have a negative affect on the society?
Of course it does and can lead to all kinds of negative ramifications.

Look what happened to the Vietnamese

The French and Americans fought a colonial war in Vietnam and millions of the Vietnamese are dead because of it

THAT WAS COLONIALISM!

Get your head out of the sand
No pun intended!

edit on 28-11-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Interesting but not the first time something like this has happened (if true?) I can think of another large Oil rich nation that bans the building of Churches, i think we all know where that country is. As Atheist i don't really have a dog in this fight but if your gonna squabble & get outraged over nonsense let's at least make it a fair fight.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Thank you for posting, the last thread was just a goon show.

They were cheering the destruction of mosques and denial of religious freedom while claiming to be above all that lol...what a bunch of clowns.

I was waiting for Hitler to show up in that thread and give the OP a bump.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

luciddream
Where are the Islamophobes with the "good going Angola" etc etc? lmao

Good job for rational thinkers in that thread who said that was not the case.

I think most people in the other thread are not Islamophobes. I for sure am not. I don`t support temples destruction and I believe every person has the right to own faith/religion. The problem is most muslim countries and people have not the same tolerance to other religions/faiths and they CLEARLY show that.
edit on 29-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

DJW001

"Colonialism is the establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and between the colonists and the indigenous population.

And what do you call it when warriors ride out of the desert and put everyone to the sword who refuses to accept their religion and lifestyle? Islam. Do you see the irony here?

You could also call that Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism. Ouside of Buddism all major religions have been spread by conquest. People in the Balkans could be conquered by say Austria and forced to convert to the Roman Christian Chuch, then conquered by the Ottomans and forced to covert to Islam and then conquered by Byzantium and forced to covert to Eastern Orthodox Christianty all in the same year.

Now the middle east had internal conflcits before Islam and it had conflcits after Islam. Never to the level of the conflicts that went on in Europe, nobody else managed that. However early on Islam was very tolerant of other faiths even with clashes between Byzantium and Muslim states both of them were very tolerant as the conflict was not a religous one but, one of traditional conquest, the same would hold true in Spain and in both cases their was no forced conversions but if you were an adult male with money you have to pay a Jizya Tax. The Crusades would change all that as the early crusaders saw Islam as something to exterminated. This would change later in the crusades as often Christians and Muslims and Jews would live in the same cities be them under control of Islam or Chrisrtians. However the more radical of the Christian Crusaders would get of hand and lead to massacres of Muslims, the favor would then be returned. In time the Crusades would end the religious nature of combat between Chrisianity and Islam would end. Now when Christian and Islamic states came into conflict they would be traditional wars where Islamic states often were allied Christian states and fighting other Islamic and Christian states. And this is how it would continue until after WW1 and when German ally the Ottoman Empire would be broken up on its defeat. Despite the fact the Western Allies promised the Arabs indepence for fighting on their side, most of Islam would quickly again find itself under rule of Christian powers in the UK and France. This reminder of the Crusades was be enough but, then the Europeans did something else they began moving European Jews back in to Holy Land. Even after all that the number of Muslims that have been radicalized agains the west is only a tiny portion of the over 1 billion Muslims in world.

What people do not understand is that confllict remains a constant in most parts of the world because they have never had a catharsis like Europe has in two World Wars, no to mention almost non stop warfare before that. Nobody else has seen that level of complete destruction and death in such a short quick time. Europe is at peace because it has been through more war death and destuction than anybody. No other religion has had a religous conflict between its own sects like the 100 years war. Christianity is generaly a peaceful religion now because it has been a part of the longest most desructive wars in history.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

sparked outrage among Muslims worldwide

Something like this?
Image.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ezwip
Everything is banned in China and we bend over backwards for them.

China has it right.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Actually, the "Catholics" are viewed by the Orthodox as the original "Protestants" .LOL.

The split apparently came about due to Rome and their desire to create a "Pope". The Orthodox decisions are done by committee and need unanimous approval to institute any changes.

The Italians, apparently, wanted control of the Church.

The Orthodox said "go forth and Multiply"- the original F-bomb- and they did....

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Something like this?

I think, something like this ...
edit on 29-11-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's the lesson in this.

You have one crazy leader, here a catholic, leading a catholic country that oppresses the Muslims and probably other religions.

But does the whole world blame the entire Christian religion for these acts as they blame ALL OF ISLAM for the acts of a few nuts within the religion?
NO!

In fact the Pope is finally speaking some decent words now, are we to blame him for this nutty Catholic in Angola.

He is supposed to have ruled the country for almost 35 years and is known as a tyrant.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join