It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore goes Vegan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So, former U.S. vice president has followed his former number one, Bill Clinton (and Clinton's daughter!) in "going vegan". This should affect his thinking soon, for the better, and it will be interesting to see how much he works as an activist to convince his fellow elites to finally do something about the meat-eating based destruction of the forests, oceans and prairies caused by the need to graze and/or grow crops to feed animals for meat-based industries.

The Huffington Post:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Following his buddy?:

Former President Bill Clinton, with whom Gore served in the White House, has been a vegan for more than three years. Clinton said he switched after a scathing email from his doctor after his 2004 quadruple-bypass heart surgery.

"I just decided that I was the high-risk person, and I didn't want to fool with this anymore. And I wanted to live to be a grandfather," Clinton said. "So I decided to pick the diet that I thought would maximize my chances of long-term survival."

edit on 28-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I wish Al Gore would just go. Away.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

ColeYounger

I wish Al Gore would just go. Away.

Well, you should see "less" of him if he sticks to his vegan diet.

This will make his Thanksgiving dinner a new experience - he won't be participating in the annual turkey slaughter in honor of the Native Americans, many of whom consider the turkey as one of their holy birds.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hmm, perhaps Al is on to something.

Leading geneticist says...

edit on 28-11-2013 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
Hmm, perhaps Al is on to something.

Leading geneticist says...

edit on 28-11-2013 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

Aye, he may be:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Nice!
Another high-class, high-profile, high-publicity high-mark on the high-road for the right way of living

LOVE

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It can extend years of his life.
A guy like Gore, who just like Clinton has become a multimillionaire after leaving the Vice-presidency, can afford a top notch vegan chef to cook him meals that taste better than meat!

The thing is as a vegetarian you still have to watch your weight.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Willtell
It can extend years of his life.
A guy like Gore, who just like Clinton has become a multimillionaire after leaving the Vice-presidency, can afford a top notch vegan chef to cook him meals that taste better than meat!

The thing is as a vegetarian you still have to watch your weight.

To be vegan it's better to also toss sugar overboard. In my years being just a lowly vegetarian and not vegan my downfall was candy, cake, and cookies. Ummmmm. I'm a sugar addict, so have to go cold turkey on that when I can. Been totally vegan (once again) since September of 2012, so over a year this time. When I eat cake, cookies and candy I can't get enough - when I'm "off" it I don't crave sugar at all. When I eat sugar I'm a fat vegetarian, when I go vegan there is less of me to chase around.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Al and Bill don’t need meat. They’re vegan like “The Cullens”.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

hellnotes
Al and Bill don’t need meat. They’re vegan like “The Cullens”.

Actually I was wrong about Bill Clinton. He told AARP magazine that he eats salmon once a week. So he can't call himself a vegan or a vegetarian, but maybe fisharian? Check out my page on uncyclopedia, google "Corpsearian" and most of the links to that word are my stuff - I seem to have invented a word (word!).

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Al Gore's total use of planetary resources, from his whopping electricity bill costing much more than what you pay for your mortgage, to the tens of thousands of tons of carbon he personally places into the atmosphere every time he flies on a private jet, makes a mockery of his so-called vegan diet.

Compare Gore's prodigious use of resources compared to George Bush and you see Bush is doing much much more to be eco-friendly than Gore. Even Snopes agrees this is true.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Actually I was wrong about Bill Clinton. He told AARP magazine that he eats salmon once a week.

Well, we all have our shortcomings.

Why do you trust the media to tell you what Al and Bill eat or don’t eat?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

hellnotes

Actually I was wrong about Bill Clinton. He told AARP magazine that he eats salmon once a week.

Well, we all have our shortcomings.

Why do you trust the media to tell you what Al and Bill eat or don’t eat?

I trust the media in all things. It is my friend, my companion, and it would never lie to me. As the friendly policeman told me once "When you see me coming, expect candy, smiles, and if you'll lucky I'll muss your hair, just like the media."

Looks like many in the media don't have any clue on HowTo Define a Vegan. Or Bill Clinton himself misled everyone, when asked "Is you a vegan," saying "it depends on what the meaning of is is". Lots of people say they're vegetarians when they still eat chicken and turkey. Vegan and vegetarian are such odd words for people that eat normally, which is why I coined the words Corpsearian and corpsarianism to label corpse eaters (google it if you'd like, so far only my articles and comments). Bill Clinton should really drop the fish eating and go full vegan, as Gore likely has, and then he'll be a role model (I have a role model of Bill Clinton, it's 1/32 life size and shows him oogling Intern Barbie).
edit on 29-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Looks like many in the media don't have any clue on HowTo Define a Vegan. Or Bill Clinton himself misled everyone, when asked "Is you a vegan," saying "it depends on what the meaning of is is". Lots of people say they're vegetarians when they still eat chicken and turkey. Vegan and vegetarian are such odd words for people that eat normally, which is why I coined the words Corpsearian and corpsarianism to label corpse eaters (google it if you'd like, so far only my articles and comments). Bill Clinton should really drop the fish eating and go full vegan, as Gore likely has, and then he'll be a role model (I have a role model of Bill Clinton, it's 1/32 life size and shows him oogling Intern Barbie).

Yeah, I have a beef with labels, too. I was just posting something rather recently about how tricky labels can be.

Like you’re trying to bring clarity to something, and someone like Bill comes along and further muddies the waters with his rejiggered ‘is/is’ theory.

Or like when someone says the Cullens are ‘vegan’ when they’re actually ‘vegetarian’.

Labels are persnickety things.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I honestly think eating some meat is almost certainly good for you, but Clinton probably was gorging on bucketfuls of rib and pork chops slathered in cooking oil with some potatoes buried in butter. God knows what else he ate, especially to reduce the stress of his work. (Recent evidence shows eggs, OF ALL THINGS, are a significant contributor to atherosclerosis.) The evidence tells us it's hard to meet some of our nutritional requirements without meat. It's possible to do it, but I would not say an average person should, since it requires a lengthy list of supplements and otherwise detailed changes to the vegan diet. Most vegans do NOT get the necessary nutrients and this is the source of much of my consternation. This is especially a concern for growing children who need key nutrients more easily found in animal-based food. Many vegan parents are unknowingly harming their kids.

For many many thousands if not millions of years our species has been consuming meat. Do not think we can just suddenly stop eating it without tough choices. Things don't work that way. Evolutionary history can't be safely ignored.
edit on 30-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I trust the media in all things. It is my friend, my companion, and it would never lie to me.
)

seriously?
well sorry but that statement removes any credibility in your judgement.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

jonnywhite
I honestly think eating some meat is likely good for you, but Clinton probably was gorging on bucketfuls of rib and pork chops slathered in cooking oil with some potatoes buried in butter. God knows what else he ate. Recent evidence shows eggs, OF ALL THINGS, are a significant contributor to atherosclerosis. The evidence tells us it's hard to meet some of our nutritional requirements without meat. It's possible to do it, but I would not say an average person should, since it requires a lengthy list of supplements and otherwise detailed changes to the vegan diet. Most vegans do NOT get the necessary nutrients and this is the source of much of my consternation. This is especially a concern for growing children who need key nutrients more easily found in animal-based food. Many vegan parents are unknowingly harming their kids.
edit on 30-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

That egg information is interesting, haven't heard of a new study but I don't follow the literature like I use to. As for necessary nutrients, like amino acids and vitamin B-12 and some of the other things, seasonings and just one or two vitamin supplements cover those areas well, something everyone should be taking anyway (see all the good Vitamin C threads on the site, a misnamed "vitamin" that no one, vegan or meateater, can get enough of from food alone).

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Lil Drummerboy

I trust the media in all things. It is my friend, my companion, and it would never lie to me. As the friendly policeman told me once "When you see me coming, expect candy, smiles, and if you'll lucky I'll muss your hair, just like the media."

seriously?
well sorry but that statement removes any credibility in your judgement.

Satire detector on please. That one was easy to spot.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Having seen your writing before in other threads, I picked up the sarcasm quickly and got quite a chuckle out of it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join