It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

And they both have long tails.

Could be.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by bottleslingguy

please remove alterations to my quoted material.

ETA: They had to "off-point" from normal viewing in order to view the comet. The comet did not pass through the normal field of view of the SDO instruments used to try to view the comet.

Like I showed, they planned in advance to return to normal viewing at 3:45 pm ET. I think the comet would be out of view of SDO by this time.
edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

I didn't alter anything and if you are right about the comet not passing through the normal field of view then why do you see it in the one SDO frame?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

maybe the tail is obscuring the nucleus as it orients itself between the Sun and satellite?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I didn't alter anything

My post

Your next post has added text within the "quoted portion". It's plain as day, undeniable.

and if you are right about the comet not passing through the normal field of view then why do you see it in the one SDO frame?

I don't know why. Does it appear when SDO is "off-pointed" which would only show a portion of the Sun?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

wait why were they off-pointing again? and what is the reason for it? I don't think you were clear on that and no all I did was copy and paste your words, nothing added nothing taken away. and regarding the sdo footage with the one frame: where is Ison before it was in that spot which is obviously in view? It doesn't make sense why they would stop recording it at all. they could watch it later so why would they turn their equipment off it during probably the most interesting point in the journey?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

wait why were they off-pointing again?

To view the comet?

and what is the reason for it?

Isn't that the same question?

I don't think you were clear on that

I think I was.

and no all I did was copy and paste your words, nothing added nothing taken away.

The evidence indicates otherwise.

and regarding the sdo footage with the one frame: where is Ison before it was in that spot which is obviously in view?

I'm not sure, he didn't report to me. It's possible he was busy hiding from the European sat called PROBA-2 or something like that. They couldn't find him either I hear.

It doesn't make sense why they would stop recording it at all. they could watch it later so why would they turn their equipment off it during probably the most interesting point in the journey?

I don't know that they did. I actually don't know all that much about it. You should contact them and ask.

I gave someone a possible answer yesterday to a certain question. You asked me a question about it and I answered it. You've had it in for me ever since. I may not have many answers and they're not all correct but they're HONEST even when I'm mistaken.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I copied and pasted verbatim but again that's one of those obfuscation tactics.

cometison.gsfc.nasa.gov...

regarding off-pointing: "The Sun will be a different position in the window for each phase. The comet should move through the middle of the window. The comet will probably be very faint!"

so the off-pointing is when they aim the camera away from the center of the view, yet we only see Ison in one image. what happens to it before during and after and why don't we see it? just moving the camera right or left (off-pointing) in order to "view the comet" as you say doesn't explain why we don't see the comet.

So after all that all you had to say was that you really didn't know why.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Why is the gov paying a private company SpaceX to deliver supplies to the space station instead of putting money into NASA to do it?

NASA findings benefit all where as corporate discoveries benefit one.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

PrincessTofu
reply to post by cheesy

Why is the gov paying a private company SpaceX to deliver supplies to the space station instead of putting money into NASA to do it?

NASA findings benefit all where as corporate discoveries benefit one.

Those supplies have to be delivered often and regularly. With the Shuttle retired, NASA have nothing to deliver them with. In fact, with the NASA funding _not_ going into developing and operating a new dedicated cargo craft for the station, they can concentrate on more scientifically valuable projects, like exploring Mars and asteroids, planning for manned exploration of space, etc.

But the new Orion spacecraft they're working on will have the capabilities to deliver cargo or crew to the ISS. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

my god this is really fast isnt it?

i mean.....really really really fast..

there are thousands of earths in that sun....a

edit on 1-12-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

kauskau
reply to post by drneville

my god this is really fast isnt it?

i mean.....really really really fast..

there are thousands of earths in that sun....a

edit on 1-12-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

I bet they will say it was moving too fast to see it on Sdo or Proba-2. "During perihelion, no positive detections of comet ISON were made by the ESA Proba-2 SWAP instrument, or the NASA SDO satellite. More complex image processing methods may yield a signature but you should refer to the relevant instrument teams for that information and those details. " www.isoncampaign.org... but didn't they capture Lovejoy on sdo?

and this one is just for your viewing pleasure. mesmerizing

here is NASA's explanation why sdo didn't see Ison although it is found in one of the frames "Perhaps the corona was not as dense as we assumed. " sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov... what if the nucleus was solid and what we saw was it shedding loose debris? why was the tail behind the head once it was past perihelion?

here's another interesting video from our friends at youtube

edit on 1-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
HI Guys! Tq For Everthing, i love u all! Sory For this, Mod say dont start a new Ison Thread anymore so i have to put this Significant warning here..
Comet ISON not Die..But This!, this dengerous, Comet Ison Fragment is Toward Us!

edit on 1-12-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We certainly not being filled in on what direction it could come. But if you look at the object that blew out windows and injured many in Russia, a fragment could take out a city.

But since its not likely to take out more than a specific area, I don't understand their silence. Why would anyone put in office people who would stand around saying nothing, while something like this approached? To me, doing this, if it was indeed coming our way, if it hit anything, without any warning from them, the arrogance of their mistreatment of their direct EMPLOYEES, should end their employment options. Both in civic affairs, and in business, because who buy from such characters even.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

so we might get hit with a snowball many times larger than the planet itself? a snowball with quarter moon sized rocks inside? you'd think the centrifugal forces would take the debris out and away from our solar plane and therefore our orbit. Still unsettling. Happy Holidays Everybody!

this was interesting, notice the date she says Dec 1st

edit on 1-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Mod say dont start a new Ison Thread anymore so i have to put this Significant warning here.. Comet ISON not Die..But This!, this dengerous, Comet Ison Fragment is Toward Us!

Don't worry Cheesy, wherever you heard that must still be trying to fearmonger this.
The CIOC responds to some of these issues.

Has ISON changed course? Is it now a danger to Earth?
I'm still getting lots of questions about this, so it's important to address. It is also by far the most absolute and definite answer I can give. The answer is "NO" -- whatever is left of ISON, be it nucleus, rubble, or dust, -- the large chunk(s) will continue to follow the same orbit that we always said they would. The passage through the Sun, and any possible fragmentation, will not have made a difference. This means that ISON is absolutely NO THREAT to Earth in any way whatsoever. The comet, or its remains, will now pass harmlessly out into space, never to be seen again.

Folks also continue to be worried about a "meteor shower" at Earth so that's worth mentioning. As I understand it, Earth will probably pass through the remnant trail of comet ISON's tail some point early next year. The net result of this will be at least one or two, if not a handful, or extra shooting stars in the sky over a couple of nights. And that's it. Just shooting stars, just like we see every single night on Earth

www.isoncampaign.org...
edit on 12/2/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

cheesy
... Mod say dont start a new Ison Thread anymore...

Hi Cheesy,

Firstly, thank you for your threads, they've been a source of enjoyment, and I believe most people on ATS would agree!

Now to the reason for my post.

A mod told you not to post anymore ISON threads???

Was that just to you? Or was that a blanket "ban" on the ISON topic across the site?

With only a couple more days until we may likely be able to see ISON ourselves from Earth again, does the mod ban mean no-one on ATS will be able to make a post about quite an interesting comment that has kept everyone guessing?

I was looking forward to seeing the state of ISON when the remnants may be visible again... and most looking forward to reading your threads about it.

This seems a strange approach for a site that "denies ignorance"... especially when so many other "topics" run rampant!

What was the mods reasoning? And will the policy change when there is new information to post?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

To be honest we have had enough threads regarding comet ison, we don't really need anymore at the moment.. any additional info can be added to this one where it can be obtained easily rather than sift through untold crappy and pointless threads.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Misterlondon
reply to post by puzzlesphere

To be honest we have had enough threads regarding comet ison, we don't really need anymore at the moment.. any additional info can be added to this one where it can be obtained easily rather than sift through untold crappy and pointless threads.

I would agree. This thread has a lot of followers right now. Hey Cheesy, just keep posting your updates here for now and we'll all be following along. Now, if something real serious in regards to this comet comes about, then yes, I'm sure we all would agree a new thread should be started.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
When planet Earth passes through the remnant trail of comet ISON's tail at some point early next year, we could be in for some very large meteors, and possibly even some very large meteorite impacts. I am not talking ELE, but larger than normal, and more than normal objects.

It doesn't take a NASA lap dog to tell you about that possibility either, so read between the orchestrated and scripted lies from some of their yes men. Keeping an open mind about what is happening in this Universe around us is really the best position a human being should take.

Remember what a great Man once said my friends..... ~$heopleNation

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" ~Carl Sagan

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

When planet Earth passes through the remnant trail of comet ISON's tail at some point early next year, we could be in for some very large meteors, and possibly even some very large meteorite impacts. I am not talking ELE, but larger than normal, and more than normal objects.

No so much.

Any objects of significant size (like a bus or a Prius) would remain close to the main body because they would be in the same orbit. It is only particles tiny enough to be affected by the solar wind which trail the nucleus.

At the beginning of November the comet was well above the ecliptic (Earth's path) and its tail was hardly developed at all. It is actually unlikely that we will encounter the remnants at all.

edit on 12/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join