It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I'm only trying to clarify the situation and you are getting vague with the short one-liners.

Wrong. You're comments are accusations, which are false.

I showed you the answer. Maybe you didn't understand it.

Do you even know what obfuscation means? If you do, you would know you're making accusations when you use that term to attack me, without evidence I might add.

IF you weren't arguing just to argue you would simply supply the evidence that proves you know why they went "off-point". Let's stick to the simple question I've been asking you all along and not try to swing the gist off somewhere else. You said the reason why we didn't see perihelion was because they went "off-point" and I will ask you AGAIN why did they do that in the first place. no need for histrionics

(post by bottleslingguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just awesome

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm not drawing any conclusions on Ison just yet but the ones I have regarding NASA are definitely being convinced.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I guess misery really does like company. I am the only one in my huge family that is interested in this comet. The crazy thing is, I became interested in this comet because of the mixed messages I got from the info being spoon fed to us.

How does the comet of the century go from being a once in a live time event from the first telling, to a 3 line blurb in the middle of the paper with a tiny blurry picture? Then add the hype of a special viewing event, with 5 high powered celestial telescopes, with cameras, with real time witnessing, of a massive, amazingly bright, comet making perihelion!; to walk away with a still poster image of the sun saying "Coming soon!" It was more disappointing then finding out that your master decoding ring was nothing more than a tool used to deliver commercial messages.

Unfortunately, being an info junkie has led me to some information that is beginning to make sense, disturbing as some of this information is, it is starting to fill in some of the gaps. Gaps that wouldn't need filling if we weren't being doled out info like we are children and need to be protected from the truth. I am tired of being Charlie Brown! I am tired of the story of the Great Pumpkin and tired of Lucy pulling the football away just as I go to kick the ball.

I am really starting to believe that there is something out there they don't want us to see. What really upsets me the most, is they have to be smart enough to realize that it won't make a difference to enough people to change anything. People will just go on just like they were never told anything unusual. As long as you don't mess with their favorite TV show or don't neglect to give them advance notice of the upcoming sale of the I this or that, they will completely forget about it within a day or two. So why the lies and deceit?

The more they urinate on my head and tell me it is rain, the angrier I became and the more determined they make me to finding the truth.

The unvarnished, unmanipulated, unairbrushed truth. I can take the good with bad, the bitter with the sweet, just throw it our there; we will can handle our business.
edit on 30-11-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by Aleister

I guess misery really does like company. I am the only one in my huge family that is interested in this comet. The crazy thing is, I became interested in this comet because of the mixed message I got from the info being spoon fed to us.

How does the comet of the century go from being a once in a live time event from the first telling, to a 3 line blurb in the middle of the paper with a tiny blurry picture? Then add the hype of a special viewing event, with 5 high powered celestial telescopes, with cameras with real time witnessing of a massive, amazingly bright, comet making perihelion!; to walk away with a still poster image of the sun saying "Coming soon!" It was more disappointing then finding o ut that master decoding ring was nothing more than a took used to deliver commercial mess ages.

But not as disappointing as those x-ray glasses.

This is why sites like ATS, and I guess any specialized website, is a goddesssend to a percentage of people and a giant "blah" to most. We live in such a wonderful age that an event like this comet brings the knowledge and questioning minds of so many people to focus in on this one topic, and our overall and collected understanding of it is enhanced by most posts. Not by this one though.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

DenyObfuscation

I'm only trying to clarify the situation and you are getting vague with the short one-liners.

Wrong. You're comments are accusations, which are false.

I showed you the answer. Maybe you didn't understand it.

Do you even know what obfuscation means? If you do, you would know you're making accusations when you use that term to attack me, without evidence I might add.

IF you weren't arguing just to argue you would simply supply the evidence that proves you know why they went "off-point". Let's stick to the simple question I've been asking you all along and not try to swing the gist off somewhere else. You said the reason why we didn't see perihelion was because they went "off-point" and I will ask you AGAIN why did they do that in the first place. no need for histrionics

You're arguing with someone whose mission seems to be to avoid an answer. I agree, the question is simple enough, and only the ones that don't want (or don't have) the answer can pretend they didn't understand it. It's easy as that: why can't we see the missing footage? and then why did they choose to off-point at the exact moment of Ison's passing? There, underlined it, this should make it even easier.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by negue

Start here

His reply

My next post

I was accused of obfuscating for that post.

The downturn in the exchange

I would appreciate your opinion on the matter, if it's an informed one.
edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: add "appreciate"

edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: details

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by negue

Start here

His reply

My next post

I was accused of obfuscating for that post.

The downturn in the exchangeyour answer to why was this, "We plan to off-point at 17:30 UTC (12:30 pm ET) and return to normal solar observing at 20:45 UTC (3:45 pm ET). "

I would appreciate your opinion on the matter, if it's an informed one.
edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: add "appreciate"

edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: details

seriously, do you think that answers the question of why they stopped normal solar observing? you are not answering the question. you are giving a response but the response doesn't answer the question.
edit on 30-11-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's over and out for ison...

Previous reports of Comet ISON's death may have been somewhat exaggerated, but this time it looks like the real thing.

Remnants of the object once touted as the "comet of the century" passed through the viewing field of the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory in the wake of Thursday's close encounter with the sun — and as it passed, the bright spot that survived grew dimmer and dimmer.

"I do think that something emerged from the sun, but probably a very small nucleus or 'rubble pile.' and I fear that may have now dissolved," Karl Battams, an astrophysicist at the Naval Research Laboratory who has been studying ISON for months, wrote Saturday

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Poor Cheesy, we will have to have a funeral party now to cheer him up. I'll bring the coffee and some cookies.www.spaceweather.com...
edit on 30-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

what really gets me going is how they think it is better to lie to us like children.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

please remove alterations to my quoted material.

ETA: They had to "off-point" from normal viewing in order to view the comet. The comet did not pass through the normal field of view of the SDO instruments used to try to view the comet.

Like I showed, they planned in advance to return to normal viewing at 3:45 pm ET. I think the comet would be out of view of SDO by this time.
edit on 30-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

drneville
It's over and out for ison...

Previous reports of Comet ISON's death may have been somewhat exaggerated, but this time it looks like the real thing.

Remnants of the object once touted as the "comet of the century" passed through the viewing field of the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory in the wake of Thursday's close encounter with the sun — and as it passed, the bright spot that survived grew dimmer and dimmer.

"I do think that something emerged from the sun, but probably a very small nucleus or 'rubble pile.' and I fear that may have now dissolved," Karl Battams, an astrophysicist at the Naval Research Laboratory who has been studying ISON for months, wrote Saturday

www.nbcnews.com...
I think it's too soon to call it but wouldn't the "dimmer and dimmer" claim be expected since whatever is left is moving away from the Sun? Remember earlier how the scientists said it was dimming when it should be brightening? and by the way it seems as though the tail is orienting relative to the solar wind.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

So basically Phage was right all along?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

ison has faded from view...

just maybe, it just didn't have any more ice & gas to be blown away by the solar wind but perhaps its still there on its way to the outer reaches of the solar system...

COMET ISON DIES ... AGAIN: Comet ISON is fading fast as it recedes from the sun. Whatever piece of the comet survived the Thanksgiving flyby of the sun is now dissipating in a cloud of dust. Click to view a 3-day movie centered on perihelion (closest approach to the sun):

This development makes it unlikely that Comet ISON will put on a good show after it exits the glare of the sun in early December. Experienced astrophotographers might be able to capture the comet's fading "ghost" in the pre-dawn sky, but a naked-eye spectacle can be ruled out.

On Nov. 29th, pilot Brian Whittaker tried to catch a first glimpse of Comet ISON from Earth, post-perihelion, from a plane flying 36,000 feet over the Arctic Circle in northern Canada. No luck:

"Ideal viewing conditions from the Arctic revealed no Comet ISON," reports Whittaker. "This negative report is to quench the thirst of other fellow dreamers under cloudy skies or further south. Later I could see that SOHO showed the comet dimming further."

Despite Whittaker's negative result, it is too soon to rule out observations from Earth as the twice-dead comet moves away from the glare of the sun. Meanwhile, NASA's fleet of solar observatory will be tracking the remains. Stay tuned for more images.
link

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

With ISON, we need at least another 24 hours to verify its untimely demise.

Has ISON used up 9 lives yet, or does that only apply to cats?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What I see in this video, is that ISON emerges from behind the sun looking pretty bright, and then the sun discharges a massive flair, which hits ISON, and then it quickly dims.

science.nasa.gov...

Around midnight 11/30, the sun flares, and the flare seems to result in a reaction from ISON.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Comet starts with a C and ends with a T....It is related to a cat

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join