It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

ZeussusZ
reply to post by Saint Exupery

looks like something came out.

"NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said they saw nothing along the track that ISON was expected to follow through the sun's atmosphere."
"Nevertheless, something has emerged"

SpaceWeather.com

Excellent!

So something has made it around the sun, but is now on a different path?

I hope not. If the orbit changed significantly, that would mean it lost too much mass and thus all we are seeing is dispersing rubble. If what emerged is in the same basic orbit, then the comet was massive enough and cohesive enough to survive, and therefor might still put on a show.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I do not understand why so excited about this rock, why so significant in larger scheme

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It really took its sweet time to reemerge.

Whatever's there still has been refined and forged by sol.

I'm thinking it did a full revolution around the sun before it was hurled out again like a shot-put

Wow. That would really be one for the record books, huh

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hopefully we'll get to see the resurrected ISON, the phoenix, in our skies, for Christmas.. ? If so I would almost be inclined to take it as a sign!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

kauskau

BobAthome
reply to post by Tucket

during the rush too control,, there is one , image out there somewhere ,,which shows a perfect sphere,, which was called a bad pixel,, ,, but a perfect sphere inner core would make , logical sence,, in the vacumn of "outer-space",,

maybe that is what they don't want too accept???

can you explain what you mean? THey did not accept what ? and why wouldnt they show it?

Here you go, more oval egg than round sphere

Rgds

PDUK

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, while we wait for the next ISON surprise, allow me to imagine what Ison "saw" during its time around space..

Can you imagine?

Allow me to go off topic and offer Ison lasts words for you Atsers. Tears in rain:

edit on 30-11-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Alright so I went to the NASA website dedicated to streaming the SDO video of ISON's close up approach to the sun, and it appears to not only be completely absent from the videos, but the videos themselves are a looped image repeated over, with time stamps included.

What is up with this website? Why is there no close up video of ISON's interaction with the sun?

NASA Website

EDIT: Currently being discussed on ATS here
edit on 30-11-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ISON looks weird in SOHO LASCO C3. Is it coming right towards us?

Or is it ISON?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Thebel
ISON looks weird in SOHO LASCO C3. Is it coming right towards us?

Or is it ISON?

It's ISON, it's not coming towards us, but it's getting dimmer, and seems to have just disintegrated into a puff of dust and possibly some larger fragments. I think we can now officially say "bye bye" to ISON.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So, now Ison (or whatever is left of it) passed its trip around the sun, shouldn't we get some new astronomers pictures by now? Is anything still there to see through telescopes?

Since it's back around our side of the sun, all I've seen are SOHO pictures.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
OK...now I'm confused
www.activistpost.com...

www.nasa.gov...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

angelchemuel
OK...now I'm confused
www.activistpost.com...

www.nasa.gov...

Rainbows
Jane

Confused about what?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well, the initial pictures didn't look like these ones that have been released. The initial ones showed Ison looking very different emerging on the other side to the ones now. So which is it?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Biigs

Well, the initial pictures didn't look like these ones that have been released. The initial ones showed Ison looking very different emerging on the other side to the ones now. So which is it?
Rainbows
Jane

The tail effects took time to really see properly since the reduction in the nucleus mass and speed was far greater than expected.

The remaining dust and rubble still traveling at a good speed finally appeared, be in mind how big the sun is and how much "wash out" you get on all the instruments etc. So simply delayed.

edit on 30-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

OK, thank you I think....*goes off in search of scientific dictionary*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Nasa is good in circus shows... They made up to 5+ hours live stream and they all said : buy buy ison, till the last minute! I saw a part of it

while, if you check this video, ison pass really fast and left from the other side. So nasa wanted deliberately to convince people that ison was gone. All in all, the SDO mp4 files are tweaked, so nasa also knew from the beginning that Ison was just fine, because they could see it there. And why they faked the SDO sun videos? Why they hide the comets pass?

Nasa is dragonian frauds... I am sure, they feel so sad, why ison didnt explode into pieces...lol

They are a waste of money.

Here is my previews comments into this topic, while everybody said ISON is dead... I said the oposite..

1st post) www.abovetopsecret.com...

2nd post) www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

And why they faked the SDO sun videos? Why they hide the comets pass?

So what is your take on why they faked the video since you are so convinced that they did, and what exactly would be the reason to fake it?

Also you do know that NASA wasn't the only space agency watching this comet or are all of them in on this conspiracy to hide ISON?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h

And why they faked the SDO sun videos? Why they hide the comets pass?

So what is your take on why they faked the video since you are so convinced that they did, and what exactly would be the reason to fake it?

This conversation/question belongs to another topic/section of this forum. If you check my prev comment, I link my 2 old posts into this topic... in the "1st post" I even say that ISON will survive and I also discribed how ISON will look like after...
edit on 30-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I watched the whole thing live - i am under no impression for any reason that any of it was faked.

Can you offer any ideas or speculation as to why 'they' would fake the exit, or deliberately delay the images?

EDIT: Delaying the images or updates could potentially be a safety net, like a pause on live tv so they can edit out accidents (aka swearing) in case anything "unexpected" happened, that is to say that somthing other than breaking up, impacting or slinging as first projected.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I was listening and refreshing this and other threads for most of the swing-around too, and there was no indication of anything hidden. The NASA people of the livecast seemed very disappointed, and were hoping against hope that something would emerge. When it didn't most of them left to eat turkey, having given ISON it's obit. Only later did some of the images start to emerge, and I'd guess those same people who left for turkey may have rushed back into the Nasa facility to share the new data as it became available with their colleagues, and they seem to have told the public about the updates quite close to the time they found out themselves. Not a moment to be placed in the NASA Hall of Fame, but a livecast which will be reviewed for what they can do better next time.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join