It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
At 2760 deg C, the comet prolly exploded and all fragments will most likely fly off tangentially
to the original orbital path

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

well that would be, the exploding grenade theory,, seems plausable,, just have too work in the gravitational pull of the Sun,,in relation too the frag, peaces,, being smaller in mass,,,will the smaller frags escape the heavy hand of mr. gravity,,

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks for pointing this out.

All of this tells me that scientists know a whole lot less than a lot of people believe.

When first spotted, it seems ISON's size was widely estimated.

Then as it passed Earths orbit, ISON was supposed to be 3 miles in diameter, but on its final approach to the sun, it was only 1/3 of a mile. It sure lost a lot of mass during the time it traveled from Earth's orbit to the approach to the sun.

Then it didn't survive the star graze, then it did survive the star graze.

Real scientists speak in terms of uncertainty. People who want to present probability as fact just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks for pointing this out.

All of this tells me that scientists know a whole lot less than a lot of people believe.

When first spotted, it seems ISON's size was widely estimated.

Then as it passed Earths orbit, ISON was supposed to be 3 miles in diameter, but on its final approach to the sun, it was only 1/3 of a mile. It sure lost a lot of mass during the time it traveled from Earth's orbit to the approach to the sun.

Then it didn't survive the star graze, then it did survive the star graze.

Real scientists speak in terms of uncertainty. People who want to present probability as fact just don't get it.

Yeah we get, it's all guess work on their part and they're only a few documentaries ahead of the layman. Yet, they get £billions in funding.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

is that lightning real?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

back to obfuscating I see. why did they "off-point"?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

This won't be a conversation.

If you think you know something then say it.

I'm not playing your #ing games.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

why yes it is,, very interesting,,isn't it.

gotta luv earth ground

kind of connect the dots

edit on 11/29/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

NASSA has dropped the ball many times over the years, and they have once again with the " Comet OF THE Century". It's nice to see people getting their information from other sources, which are proving to be much more reliable. On the other hand at least we got one pixel of Ison from the SDO.

edit on 29-11-2013 by November5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

cheesy
I Cant say anything

I don't believe it's gone - at least not the rocky metal core part. My belief is that the sold core part is still there, that it'll orbit back into the far reaches of the solar system, collide and collect more ice and dust, and return to the inner solar system in another few hundred thousand years.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not much love for Nasa from reading the boards then? I quite like them (Nasa) I even liked them on facebook. Not that I'm an expert but I do appreciate the brains involved in their successful missions. And to further add, I don't think anyone professes to be a comet expert,they are mysterious creatures/sperms or whatever they are. People, no mater how smart can only work with the information at hand. Speculation, educated speculation rather. I'd much rather listen to educated speculation than some randomer on an internet forum.

Get a job there perhaps? Ohh wait

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did anyone manage to find ISON in any of the footage here?

cometison.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I can't see it ANYWHERE, not even in a hint of it.

Am I missing it?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You should always believe
in what feels right.
That is your only true source.
Everything ells comes from the mind.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I don't hope it surives. I hope the sun eats it. Then we don't have to worry about meteors hitting us when we go through the tail.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This has prolly already been said, but doesn't that remind you of Angry Birds Space?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

" through the tail." actuall the tail is made up of charged particles,,,like shuffleing through a carpet with wool socks,,
as long as there is enough distance,, too earth ground,, should be ok.

the core,,is a miss.

at current, est.'s

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hey ATS I'm wondering if someone here can explain this footage of the sun during isons passage. In the video the guy points out that for an hour between 18:00 and 19:00 (roughly), instead of video footage, we have a still shot. This was during the time ison reached perihelion. Am I missing the obvious here? Did they delete the footage of isons breakup?

edit on 29-11-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

ETA - knew that would happen (vid fixed).

nvm...and thx
edit on 11/29/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I watched that video this morning, and was intrigued. I haven't had time to look further into his allegations. I think we may be missing something...... the actual footage.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

during the rush too control,, there is one , image out there somewhere ,,which shows a perfect sphere,, which was called a bad pixel,, ,, but a perfect sphere inner core would make , logical sence,, in the vacumn of "outer-space",,

maybe that is what they don't want too accept???

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join