It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Has anyone else spent around 12 hours out of the last 24 refreshing this thread?
edit on 29112013 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Tsu322
Has anyone else spent around 12 hours out of the last 24 refreshing this thread?
edit on 29112013 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

Nope, you're the only one

I still don't get it: will we see Ison shine over us?

Is Ison a comet or a spaceship
that just turned on its engines and is now coming to get us?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ok guys so, I don't really wanna scare you. I'm just an amateur with some physics/astronomy education.

So, ISON obviously survived the perhelion.
NASA States:
"NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said they saw nothing along the track that ISON was expected to follow through the sun's atmosphere."
"Nevertheless, something has emerged"

So, I'm gonna make a statement here and provide you with pictures.
1. Ison survived - PROBABLY MUCH SMALLER THAN IT WAS BEFORE, most would agree on this.

The implications of this is that Ison will be _more_ affected by the suns gravitational field.
Therefore, changing its path.

Now, lets look at the 3D model.
On December 26th, Ison is RIGHT ABOVE our moon.
postimg.org...

Oh ok, right above. But if the core and mass of Ison now is smaller, where will it head?
According to our gravity laws, it will be more affected by the gravitation since it's mass is smaller.
And head in a lower orbit - if it has enough power to leave the sun. - (It has already left the sun!).
imgur.com...

COULD THIS BE IT?

If ison has smaller mass, which is probably has. It will head right towards earth and the moon on december 26-28. It may not hit, but it will go freaking close by.
edit on 29-11-2013 by andersbengan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andersbengan

Have you seen the hammer and feather experiment conducted on the moon? All things fall at the same rate regardless of mass. The tail should reach earths proximity before the bulk.
But dont worry India and Nasa have rockets up there to lazer any chunks away.....just kidding

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

In its present state it could fly by the earth and we can all point and laugh.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

andersbengan
Ok guys so, I don't really wanna scare you. I'm just an amateur with some physics/astronomy education.

So, ISON obviously survived the perhelion.
NASA States:
"NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said they saw nothing along the track that ISON was expected to follow through the sun's atmosphere."
"Nevertheless, something has emerged"

So, I'm gonna make a statement here and provide you with pictures.
1. Ison survived - PROBABLY MUCH SMALLER THAN IT WAS BEFORE, most would agree on this.

The implications of this is that Ison will be _more_ affected by the suns gravitational field.
Therefore, changing its path.

Now, lets look at the 3D model.
On December 26th, Ison is RIGHT ABOVE our moon.
postimg.org...

Oh ok, right above. But if the core and mass of Ison now is smaller, where will it head?
According to our gravity laws, it will be more affected by the gravitation since it's mass is smaller.
And head in a lower orbit - if it has enough power to leave the sun. - (It has already left the sun!).
imgur.com...

COULD THIS BE IT?

If ison has smaller mass, which is probably has. It will head right towards earth and the moon on december 26-28. It may not hit, but it will go freaking close by.
edit on 29-11-2013 by andersbengan because: (no reason given)

hmmm, right above yes it would seem so. But it still appears to be 65 million km (0.43 AU) above earth. That seems like quite a distance, are you sure we'd see any gravitational interaction?

At think point i think it's safe to say that no one has any idea what we can possibly expect. This uncharted territory. Doom? I certainly hope not, I feel like this is a positive experience. That's what I want to believe, in any case.

Fascinating times for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I was just thinking the same on another thread

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

cheesy
Is Ison Path Change? anyone?

The conspiracy theorist seed is budding within me.

Now why wasn't ISON' s trip around the sun visible during the time it happened?

Was the system shut off? broken?

Thousands of people encouraged to come to a professional, collaborated event, presented by the "experts", to watch a black screen.

I am sure there is a good reason it tools several hours before any useable images of ISON were available. Does any one know why the huge time gap?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
CNN says some are now calling ISON the zombie comet. cnn

I like to imagine it's a ship which is now smaller because it jettisoned its primary and command has been transferred to the landing module.

Also with all the flip flopping about whether ISON survived I gotta ask. Chessy you doing okay? I honestly can't read or hear anything about ISON without picturing that smiling Avatar avatar. Like Arken with rocks or Phage's sniper like buzzkilling precision; you're part of the ats zeitgeist.
edit on 11/29/2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Now why wasn't ISON' s trip around the sun visible during the time it happened? Was the system shut off? broken? Thousands of people encouraged to come to a professional, collaborated event, presented by the "experts", to watch a black screen. I am sure there is a good reason it tools several hours before any useable images of ISON were available. Does any one know why the huge time gap?

You mean when it went BEHIND the sun?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

I have heard ISON= I Son being Reborn, The Phoenix Rising from the ashes , NOW Zombie Comet ??

Good Grief. People will say anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Now why wasn't ISON' s trip around the sun visible during the time it happened? Was the system shut off? broken? Thousands of people encouraged to come to a professional, collaborated event, presented by the "experts", to watch a black screen. I am sure there is a good reason it tools several hours before any useable images of ISON were available. Does any one know why the huge time gap?

You mean when it went BEHIND the sun?

the SDO was available specifically so we can observe it behind the sun. this website cometison.gsfc.nasa.gov...

It never seemed to appear on any of the views. Could we not see it? Maybe.

My inner conspiracy theorist hints that maybe they provided a "dummy feed", prerecorded etc, because they didn't want us to see what was actually going on.

Is this true? I don't know. But nothing is truly as simple as it seems.

These are just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
sure looks like it survived to me...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-11-2013 by welshreduk because: (no reason given)

Sorry, don't know how to embed video.
edit on 29-11-2013 by welshreduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

My inner conspiracy theorist hints that maybe they provided a "dummy feed", prerecorded etc, because they didn't want us to see what was actually going on.

"Actually going on"?

You mean "melting" and breaking up down to just its nucleus?

Why hide that?

I doubt that there was a stealth ET spaceship inside.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

the SDO was available specifically so we can observe it behind the sun.

Where did you get that idea? SDO is in Earth orbit. It can see behind the Sun as well as it can see the far side of the Moon.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE I TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES WHY ISNT ANYONE LISTENING TO ME YOU SHOULD BE IN THE OZARKS BY NOW OMG

2011 Redux

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It did, and it was tumbling out of control. Seems like NASA is scrambling for answers, but that comet survived in fragmented form. But the fragment looks big.

www.ktvq.com...

Link from another thread on another site. Also, other link disappeared.

www.isoncampaign.org...*

What really upsets me about this comet is they are lying, they release something, then make it vanish, and that level of manipulation of info means that THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED AND ARE HIDING SOMETHING.

But that comet survived:

Ison Update: Fragmented Ison serverly spinning out of Control

Most recent image. This shows a pretty big fragmented chunk.

soho.esac.esa.int...
edit on 29-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
CNN is reporting fragment may have survived.
I hope it did.
Would suck for it to travel for a million year to get cooked like a potato.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

just solved that for ya

edit on v2013139America/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 09:31:37 -06002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Have the "unemployed astronomers" turned this into a doomsday topic yet?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join