It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Me too! I was never interested til Cheesy shared his joy.reply to post by SubTruth

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Spity the comet of the century flattered to deceive.
Wonder if any prophecies attached to this event

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh no! what happen to ISON? Looks like Ison Dont have anough power to pull out Sun gravity

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Possibly broken up into 4 seperate chunks. Isn't it odd that the speculative professionals can be wrong around here. "We can't dispair of humanity sence we our selves are human being.". Albert Einstein.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
After the thriller about Isons destiny, I am confused somehow
1st Ison tail was not what we normaly think of comet tails
It seemed only as dust following Ison path and not the stantard comet tail opposed to the sun.?!@

2nd Isons path (anyway what was left from Ison) after going around the sun seems a little different and slower from what was expected (wider). Could that be explained if Ison exploded? and some small fragments and dust that survived took a little wider path untill they finally disintegrate and will fall back at the sun? (probably) as we can see in the image Cheesy posted above.

one think is certain , Ison was not a normal (standard) comet like the ones we were used to see... it acted more like a meteorite....
A normal comet that size would indeed be the comet of the century....

Sure we learned something new , but I have more questions now.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

cheesy
Oh no! what happen to ISON? Looks like Ison Dont have anough power to pull out Sun gravity...

It had nothing to do with the comet's "power" or the Sun's gravity (other than to shape its orbit).

It's simply that this iceball with less volume than some Alaskan glaciers simply could not survive being 80 times closer to the Sun than we are.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Something has emerged from the sun, how big they don't yet know....so a small hope yet perhaps?

Hope still for 'dead' Comet Ison

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
November 30 2013 or December 1 2013 we will all see a spectacular show from Comet ISON. Stay tuned folks!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Well, this is ATS, and I’m sure someone will post some pics displaying a fleet of BLACK ALIEN SHIPS shooting out of the comets tail shortly before its destruction.

…And yes, they are heading for earth..!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Comet Ison swept in from the bottom-right in this image, and then something brightened just above the Sun

BBC

29 November 2013 Last updated at 02:13 ET

Could it be???
edit on 29-11-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Hi Cheesy, S&F for you and your contagiating enthusiasm. I quietly followed the whole thread and I should say that... Regardless Ison destiny...

.. It's beautiful to be here, among such a crazy group of fantastic people, dealing with fantastic subjects.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Very good link. Thank you !

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Menedes567
November 30 2013 or December 1 2013 we will all see a spectacular show from Comet ISON. Stay tuned folks!

Like the spectacular show from aliens you've predicted several times? How's that going for ya?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

looks like something came out.

"NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said they saw nothing along the track that ISON was expected to follow through the sun's atmosphere."
"Nevertheless, something has emerged"

SpaceWeather.com

So something has made it around the sun, but is now on a different path?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

well, there still is a slim chance cme just temporarily blew out its coma...
edit on 29-11-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
(CNN) -- Hold the obituary. Experts now think Comet ISON -- or at least part of it -- survived its close encounter with the sun.

Karl Battams, a comet scientist for the Naval Research Laboratory, said it is believed some parts of ISON's nucleus survived perihelion.

"What we see here is the dust tail emerging first, pointing away from the sun," said Padma Yanamandra-Fisher with the Space Science Institute and a member of the ISON Observing Campaign.

A video made by observing campaign member John Maclean shows the comet slicing toward the sun and then something -- apparently ISON -- emerging from the other side. Maclean is a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society at Norman Lockyer Observatory Sidmouth in Devon, England.

Comet ISON sweeps near sun, shows signs of life

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

I wonder if it's new path will bring it closer or further from us?

I hope it is closer and better able to be viewed from Indonesia, even if we miss it in the north!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here's the latest pic's from LASCO C3

It has survived, no doubt. The question's now, are:

- Did he changed the trajectory?
If yes, whats the new one?
If no, Did he change speed?
If yes, did it increased our slowed down?

How much time do we need to know answer for those questions?

- How much approximate mass remains?
edit on v2013137America/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 07:04:08 -06002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here's another thing.... its tail is going the wrong way? The tail should now be in the direction of ISON's movement - away from the sun. Check out comet Lovejoy

i.imgur.com...

This isn't what we're seeing with ISON.

Edit:

Here's a possibility that came to me, it might just be perspective. ISON is coming "at" us now so the tail could be going "into" the image. So it might in fact be pointing away from the sun, we just can't really tell. What do you guys think?
edit on 29-11-2013 by Nootropic because: .

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

you're right...something is wrong ...
Lovejoy indeed had tail facing us, you can see clearly here:

Edit.
Maybe it's a matter of time.. the tail is growing and the direction is already changing ... will see it in a few hours.. i guess
edit on v2013136America/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 06:50:47 -06002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join