It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary paranormal experience, can anybody give some answers???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hello,
This is my first post. I am writing it for a friend who has rang me this morning in a very anxious state after a worrying phone call from her mother. She has asked me to find out more on the subject so she can relay it to her mother.

Her mother called her crying and in fear this morning and explained that last night shortly after getting into her bed she noticed 2 very bright eyes next to her bed looking at her, they were orange & so bright that she could not see a body because of the brightness of the eyes but it was a short figure, like a child she says. She was immediately terrified and unable to scream out due to such fear. She says that after a minute or so that an arm the stretched out towards her, summoning her to take hold of it. The arm was red.

She didnt want to go with the being as she didnt feel any positive vibes from this. She was paralyzed with fright and was very scared that it may take her granddaughter who laying next to her in the bed fast asleep. Eventually she got the strength to turn around to check her granddaughter was ok and when she turned back the thing was gone. She ran into her adult sons bedroom and woke him up to tell him and hasnt slept all night as she cant relax and doesnt know what this could of been. The whole experience lasted around 5 mins she says and she is still quite hysterical about it as she wonders if her home is now haunted???

Would anyone have knowledge or experience of what this could of been please

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello friend!
Sounds frightening.
Also sounds like sleep paralysis, you mention she was "paralyzed from fear" and unable to speak. Also you wrote that it was shortly after she laid down.

Sleep paralysis can occur to anyone, as it does amongst random people. Some people claim to see demons, aliens, various entities during it.
IMO it is due to a subconscious projection of fear due to part of the brain still being in a dream state.
If you want to help you could just tell her about sleep paralysis and maybe research it yourself or have her. I'm sure it will be a relief.

Cheers my friend.

-Seth

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
or more likely
Hypnagogic Hallucinations

I've had them with spiders , and no matter what you cant tell me they aren't as real as my arm, till i wake fully. The phenomena that occur during the threshold consciousness between awake and sleep.\\see more en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thank you both for input but it was not sleep paralysis, she is clued up on that front and says she had just got into bed and not even near to falling asleep, that was my first Q to her daughter. She believes it to be paranormal and some sort of negative energy/force/spirit. Knowing her as I do I know she has some knowledge of things and she is a strong woman who would not make such a deal of this thing if she thought it could of been a dream or a chance of it being so. She also told her daughter that it wasnt a hallucination either. I believe her totally and would just like somebody who may have some info on such things. No medical terms please.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vviena1606

If your friend's mom is absolutely positive that she wasn't experiencing sleep paralysis or a hypnagogic sensation, then who knows what the heck it was? Because ATS has its share of 'experts' on all things paranormal, you're going to get a variety of answers, probably including demon, ghost, alien,, etc.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that it does sound hypnagogic. There is a period of drowsiness just before sleep where these things can happen to you, yet you'll swear you were wide awake. Having said that, I wouldn't rule out the idea that it was something paranormal or supernatural. I not only believe in such things, I'm totally convinced they occur. 100% convinced.

I can understand why your friend's mom is so freaked-out. An experience like that would terrify most people.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I know that you don't want to hear this, but as someone who has had sleep paralysis experiences where he could have swore he had never fallen asleep, I also have to echo the sleep paralysis explanation. It sounds like a textbook case of hypnogogia / sleep paralysis, and It is by far the simplest and most likely explanation for what she experienced.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have seen similar apparitions they are called "Incanto" in the Spanish. It is a tall dark shadowy creature that roams at night. Often cigar smelling scent accompanies it. I watched one cross a lot near ours in the Philippines it was about 12ft tall and when it passed into the moon light it became even darker as if it were a black hole sucking up the light. It is often followed by dwarf looking creature or small being like a menhuni, leprechaun or brownie either before it appears or after one to three days. Also the sight of strange black birds has been recorded.

It is a devil or a fallen angel. Do not communicate with it or go with it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis, hypnagogism, I don't know.

My biological parents had a similar experience while my mother was pregnant with me. How does sleep paralysis explain when 2 people see the same beings, both are paralysed and frightened.

I've also suffered from this over the years, seeing beings in my bedroom and unable to move.

I say if they didn't cause your friend or her grand daughter harm then that's a good thing.

I've heard many of these stories but have never heard of a person being scratched bitten or harmed in any way. That's not to say it has never happened.

My advice to your friend is not to dismiss it as sleep paralysis. For those who have not been visited find it hard to believe it actually happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Many or even most of these things are very real, but the good news is that they are a wonderful chance to learn that we have control over spiritual entities that have interest in us.

I've had to deal with them many times, always fully awake & never paralyzed. Now that I know I have power over them, they are just an annoyance & easy to deal with. They can only harm you if you let them. All it takes is faith, but it takes experience with them to build faith.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

It's easy to belittle those who have experienced this, if you haven't, but once you have, you will never do it again.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank you all for comments, interesting.
I note that some people are insistent on the paralysis explanation. Once again thanks but it was not.

She went up to bed and got in, as she got herself comfortable she then noticed the eyes next to her by the bed. She was paralyzed due to the fear of moving rather than an inability to move (perhaps my wording confused people)?

She plucked up the courage to move once the being reached an arm toward her, she had the protective instinct to turn her back to it so she could check on her granddaughter and shield her from this thing. She then glanced behind her to see if it had got any closer and it had gone.

I have NO doubt that it was an entity of sorts, this is NOT what is in Q, I am posting on here to find if anybody has any further knowledge than I do as to what type of entity and if anybody has had anything similar to this experience. Please do not reiterate the paralysis opinion. Much thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

But if it was a real demon or creature why did it not do more? She was at its mercy. Either it is so feeble that all it can do is appear in someone's room to give her a fright or it was a dream. It is no danger, in any case, so put it out of your minds.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know how you can say with such convicted certainty that it wasn't sleep paralysis, when you weren't there, it didn't happen to you and you are hearing this third hand.

There have been times I had thought I'd blinked, yet missed entire films because I was in fact asleep, yet when waking, felt like I hadn't slept at all.

Perhaps the woman is adamant to believe she hadn't been asleep because she is determined to believe it is something sinister, rather than something rationally explained.
Sleep paralysis can manifest itself differently, and is more common if someone is sleeping on their back, so even if she has experienced it before, it could be different every time.

I am also wondering why she was worried this 'thing' was going to harm her grand-daughter, why she would leave the room and only turn back out of concern, rather than scoop the grand-daughter up and take her out in the first place?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Firstly I didnt say she left the room.
Secondly I can be certain that it wasnt paralysis due to the fact that she WAS awake and had only just got into the bed. End of

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

We arent sure as to why it didnt do anything, who knows why it was there. It may of been feeding off her fear or perhaps wasnt evil but her fear interpreted it as such. If you have no knowledge of this topic then why post on here? I am NOT here to get into a tit for tat discussion with anybody. Just goes out to people who want to contribute in helping me with information.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
She sounds convinced it was not a dream.
Awaking to find someone unknown standing over you sleeping is a terrifying experience in itself. To see something alien yo ones reality experience more so for some.
If you are willing to entertain that multiple dimensions exist and that other beings live in and can shift into our own perception.
If you entertain that similar to us craving movies and stimulus they to crave stimulus or emitted psychic energy output.
To a species that does not experience fear as we do the output could be like an exotic dish or just using fear as a tool of control. By manipulating the part of the brain that can experience fear telepathically one can control to an extent another action ie paralysis.
Sleep paralysis has been mentioned here so one should also consider that when sleeping in that state ones perception is altered and very well may be aware of different inputs to the conscious sight biased reality.
Happy to advise further if it continues.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Thank you very much for some knowledge on the possibilities other than the medical terms. Off course I know not whether this info is the fact of her matter but it is good to have your input, cheers for that.

One thing I will just mention again, she was not asleep, had only just got into the bed.

I like the point about multiple dimensions. Great alternative thought. Thanks again as I think just relaying that to her would put her mind to rest a little

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It sounds like people are trying to give you information but it isn't what you want to hear. Your steering it to ghosts or aliens and no one is agreeing with that based on what your saying - yet you don't like that so tell them to stop and only contribute if they can tell you what you want to hear. I've never seen a discussion with those rules so thought I would mention the confussion of that.

I agree with the others - had sleep paralysis once and I swear up and down I was wide awake (had not fallen asleep) yet I accept that others have had it so clump myself into that. There is nothing sinister, and if there is thousands of sleep studies - with the same "very real" experience can't prove it. If you figure out something else by all means please share but if you want a discussion it won't happen if you shut down other people trying to explain their experience. Look at the studies - no being there except in the persons mind.

Other possibilities - an alien, ghost, or cat.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think that it might be best to just 'tell' her it is sleep paralysis. When faced with something like this, it's best to feel as if you have options.

Has the mother been acting oddly prior to this? Anything dramatic happen in that house (recent dead pet, etc.)?

I've had sleep paralysis. I woke up on my couch completely frozen, I couldn't even move my eyes, just total loss of control. Luckily I didn't see anything paranormal hanging over my head. All I can say is I would have been much more disturbed by this had I not been aware of sleep paralysis in the past.

The only thing I can suggest (if even for placebo) is get ahold of some white sage and burn it around the house.

Very interesting story, I haven't heard of eyes so bright you can't see the face + red skin until now.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I am only trying to shut down the paralysis & such like because she has said it was not that. So why entertain that point again & again if that option has been refuted by the lady who had the experience. I dont see the point in re-reading the paralysis if she says she literally got into the bed turned around and it was there. I am not adamant that it is a demon I am adamant that she was awake

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why not try and contact the paranormal being via the oujia board.

Perhaps it's benevolent and wants to bestow on her special powers.

Let's be positive and look on the bright side.

edit on 28-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join