It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple found guilty of murder, tortured own child to death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I'm sorry but please do not call these people Christians,

They are NOT Christian

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by trollz

I have a question, why mention their faith?

I know why its done with Moslems, its all part of the psyop. Any evil act committed by a Moslem is instantly attributed to the religion so as to perpetuate the boogeyman "Islamist" fear tactic.

But I really dont see the need for it to be mentioned at all unless maybe its related to the crime in some way.

Were these people somehow "commanded by God" to commit these acts?
edit on 28-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

Because they either used their religion as an excuse to do these things, or they believed their religion made it acceptable, neither of which are ok.
If they weren't active Christians, and did not get these ideas directly from a Christian-themed book written by other active Christians, then no, there wouldn't be any reason to bring up their faith.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
2 Questions.

1. Who the bloody hell authorised publication of such disturbing material?

2. Why hasn't it been pulled from sale, to prevent other zealots mistreating their children?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

------

Newspaper headline
"Atheist Kills Troubled Child"

Let it sink in. Would you not be OFFENDED at being smeared in your character by what one apple in your barrel decides to do? None of the responses thus far addresses this, yet appears to deem it perfectly acceptable that a headline includes a PURPORTED religion. The only reason to include a religion in the pulpit of mass media is further brainwashing.
edit on 28-11-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Lulzaroonie
2 Questions.

2. Why hasn't it been pulled from sale, to prevent other zealots mistreating their children?

1. It's apparently self-published by the "pastor's" ironically-named No Greater Joy Ministries (link omitted deliberately; damned if I'll send them any traffic).

2. I suspect this book may come under the heading of what the ACLU has referred to as the "bitter pill of democracy", wherein freedom of expression & free speech allow for some horrid abominations to exist. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this kind of crap disappear from the marketplace (BTW, it's being sold everywhere, from Amazon to Target), but I'm not sure a court of law would agree with us.
It's difficult to prove causality in a case like this, as the decision to abuse their children was ultimately made by the individuals (the term "parents" definitely does not come to mind in this case) who were/are prone to that type of monstrous behavior in the first place.

Perhaps if some of the sales outlets received enough letters of outrage, they'd take the corporate face-saving route & dump the book. It certainly won't do any good to write to the publisher.

I've heard some people use the phrase "Jesus wept!" as an expression of astonishment, similar to "holy smoke!". Thanks to things like this, the older I get, the better is my understanding of the origin & meaning of this expression.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

trollz

SisyphusRide
there is only 1 authorized book in Christianity...

Which, may I remind you, instructs parents to stone their children to death for being disobedient.

I am sorry you forgot to keep the context only ISRAEL was to stone their children not Gentiles Parents or Church of God parents.

You need to read the Bible and separate what is for The church of God, The Jews, and the Gentiles before you make remarks like this

So?

The only thing that matters is that, at some point in time, God condoned the stoning of children.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

you mean like with real rocks?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Kind of amazed it took two years to convict. I vaguely recall hearing about the conviction last month on the radio. Seems like it should have been made a bigger deal.

These people are some real sick bleeps. The scary part is I bet they thought they were doing the right thing. How chilling is that? I just can't see how anyone is so whacked they think torture is a good way to raise a child.

Flabbergasted that this book was in circulation at all, and even more so that it seems to have been rather successful. At the OP's link there is a petition to get the thing banned from Amazon. Perhaps everyone could spread that around. I normally don't advocate infringements on free speech, but people dumb enough to buy that book are going to be dumb enough to kill their kids.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I didn't see anything in there citing christen beliefs. I remember a number of honor killings by muslims over the last few years if your intent is to attack religion. Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

There is a fire in hell, which burns exclusively to consume the souls of those who harm children, no matter whose banner they are harmed under.

This is a bloody disgrace.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Expat888
Put the authors through the treatment they advocate .. and people wonder why I view christianity as primitive .. barbaric and bloodthirsty ..

I've never understood why people assign Christianity to un-Christian people or behaviors. It also seems that the folks who like to do so don't understand that many of the "rules" were changed with the New Testament.

If someone totally got the concept of basic math wrong and divided everything they're supposed to multiply, but proclaimed to be a mathematician, would people assume mathematicians are inept idiots?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

No, with real cannabis.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Jeffrey Dahmer
Athiest

Mao Zedong
Athiest

Actually, Dahmer grew up in a crazy christian house,

Jeffrey Dahmer is the son of a Born Again Fundamentalist (Church of Christ) father. Jeffrey's Born Again Fundamentalist home life led him to feel he could not acknowledge his homosexuality to his Fundamentalist father, and instead he developed an intense hatred of himself and of other gay men.
* and after rejecting church he eventually went back to it before he died.

Jeffrey Dahmer's pilgrimage of faith: from Born Again Fundamentalist home to Born Again Fundamentalist prison cell, from Church of Christ to Church of Christ.

One could argue, it was his screwed up parents warped few that helped turn him into what he was. He was taught at a young age to hate homosexuals, but he was one, and went on killing them. (self loathing?)

Mao

“religious people would oppose us… believing in a certain religion doesn’t mean people don’t oppose imperialism, feudalism and bureaucratic capitalism.”

Mao was a statesman,

Mao’s mother, Wen Chi-mei, was a devout Buddhist and became even more devout to encourage Buddha to protect him. Following his mother’s example, Mao also became a practicing Buddhist from an early age, venerating a bronze statue of the Buddha which was in their home, but abandoned this faith in his mid-teenage years.

And while his beliefs go either way, he wasn't doing anything "in the name of atheism", his persecution of religion was merely a political play.

exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

SisyphusRide

No, with real cannabis.

I didn't read that part...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wolves in sheep's clothing are NOT Christians.

Titus 1:16 - "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

Matthew 15:8 - "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

II Corinthians 11:14-15 - "And marvel not; for Satan himself is disguised as an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be disguised as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Guess you people have trouble deciphering the real from the FAKE...
edit on 1-12-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
there is only 1 authorized book in Christianity...

Which you apparently have not read...

That books call for killing, prejudice, and much more...

As for topic, this just makes me sick.

Not sure who is more to blame, those who wrote this book, or those who follow the book. They both equally guilty in death of this child IMHO.

Lulzaroonie
2 Questions.

They should pull Bible for exactly the same reason...

edit on 2-12-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Sounds like more political and media wars on Christians. It's no different from media reporting on every white or black crime to get one another to hate each other. Obama is doing a great job separating this country and I fear for the day we all break from each other and are too scared to trust a man because he isn't a Christian/Athiest or not trust somebody because they are white or black. God save us all

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Not sure who is more to blame, those who wrote this book, or those who follow the book. They both equally guilty in death of this child IMHO.

Satan dude! and you're supposed to be smart ...sheesh!

you should steer clear of philosophical, metaphysical and religious discussions... they're not making you a better person.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
Satan dude! and you're supposed to be smart ...sheesh!

you should steer clear of philosophical, metaphysical and religious discussions... they're not making you a better person.

Glad that 'holy' books are making You better person...

Just wish you read at least one of them, from cover to cover.

FYI

Deuteronomy
21:18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,
21:19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.
21:20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard."
21:21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

#1 You purposely did NOT use the original title of the article contained in your 'source'.

Nowhere, does it say they are "Christian".

#2 So...therefore WTF??? What is YOUR agenda here? To abuse Christianity?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join