It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple found guilty of murder, tortured own child to death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Two parents in Washington state have been found guilty of murder after allegedly following the abusive parenting techniques advocated in the parenting book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl.

According to the sheriff’s report, the parents had deprived her of food for days at a time and had made her sleep in a cold barn or a closet and shower outside with a hose. And they often whipped her, leaving marks on her legs.

Michael Pearl tells one mother on his website, "I could break his anger in two days. He would be too scared to get angry. On the third day he would draw into a quiet shell and obey."

The couple is the third set of parents to be found guilty of killing their children who were said to be followers of the Pearls

Source

These people make me *ing sick. If 3 couples have already been found guilty of murdering their own children, how many children are suffering in silence at the hands of these nutjobs?
People who torture children in the name of religion are on the same level as pedophiles. They need to be locked away for life, all of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

It seems children are in more danger than ever in these times of wide spread evil. Religion and the fanatics that adhere to it in the name of their own shortcomings, seems to be the greatest villains and torturing demons of these small innocent lives that suffer in silence. I see this evil and violence against children almost eveywhere these days, of what seems to be a very dark age.

When the smallest and most innocent in a society are not sacred and shielded from torture and death then this society has basically forfeited its right to exist.

Children are raped tortured and killed on a daily basis by these fundamentalistic beasts hiding behind the cross or the flag of Allah. I don´t care what God they pray to. In my eyes they are all mentally sick and need to be removed from the humanity of tomorrow.

edit on 28-11-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
there is only 1 authorized book in Christianity...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

Which, may I remind you, instructs parents to stone their children to death for being disobedient.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

They may call, and think of themselves as Christians, as the Westboro's. But, they serve another master, blindly.

People like these don't understand Agape. As a fact none of us can comprehend it. At least there are those who seek it with long suffering.

Easy to bash our Father 'cos of lost souls walking on the wide road, with NO understanding in or of the spirit.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother...all the men of the city shall stone him with stones, that he die.... (Deut. 21:18, 21).

That's the old testament though. Do Christians/Catholics even follow that version anymore?

Now to the folks that torture their kids cuz a book tells them so.... They will get theirs in jail. Karma is a unrelenting force that corrects all wrongs.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Put the authors through the treatment they advocate .. and people wonder why I view christianity as primitive .. barbaric and bloodthirsty ..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

read the New Testament... the Old Testament is history.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

trollz

SisyphusRide

Which, may I remind you, instructs parents to stone their children to death for being disobedient.

I am sorry you forgot to keep the context only ISRAEL was to stone their children not Gentiles Parents or Church of God parents.

You need to read the Bible and separate what is for The church of God, The Jews, and the Gentiles before you make remarks like this

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
reply to post by trollz

read the New Testament... the Old Testament is history.

there is plenty you can learn from the Old Testament. But don't try and apply something that does not pertain to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
reply to post by trollz

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother...all the men of the city shall stone him with stones, that he die.... (Deut. 21:18, 21).

That's the old testament though. Do Christians/Catholics even follow that version anymore?

Now to the folks that torture their kids cuz a book tells them so.... They will get theirs in jail. Karma is a unrelenting force that corrects all wrongs.

You know what is really interesting is the fact that Catholicism can be considered true Christianity.

It is an admixture of Bible verse and certain stories, Temple service of Judaism, Asthroth Mother child worship of Mary, Hindu/Buddhist Prayer beads (rosary) and prayer mantras in repetitive prayers (pennant prayers), doctrine of devils (abstaining from marriage in celibacy rules for priests and nuns) and abstaining from meats all but fish certain times a year), Hindu water sprinkling for cleansing (catholic baptism), Druid monasteries (monks and nuns convents), and if you dig you will find much more.

You see What is called Roman Catholicism came from Alexandria Egypt where they took over from Plothemy(SP?) the third his grand idea of taking from all the religions of the world all that he or some other thought was good and creating a one main religion all could practice.

Just because they have a man on a cross does not make it Christian. Just like being born into a Christian family does not save.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
sorry need to take it back.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Christians...

Now lets invade America, kill a few thousand civilians and force them to change into how we want them to be.

Oh wait a minute, its kind of wrong to judge a whole religion based on a few bad apples.

---

The difference in the direction of threads when this kind of thing pops up is just insane, it shows how bad ATS has actually become and what type of people it attracts in this day & age. If this was about a person who worships Islam, it would already be a 4 page thread with multiple people knocking the whole religion.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

People who torture children in the name of religion are on the same level as pedophiles. They need to be locked away for life, all of them.

I feel that ALL PEOPLE, who are convicted of torturing and killing a child, should be subject to, at a minimum, life in prison. That wouldn't suit your agenda of bashing only the religious, though.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 673America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-28T09:10:26-06:00Thursdayu26America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Put the authors through the treatment they advocate

My goodness! That sounds a bit "barbaric and bloodthirsty", but I DO agree.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Jeffrey Dahmer
Athiest
an infamous serial killer and atheist sentenced to 900 years in prison, said “if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?”. He brutally killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia. In 1991, he was caught by the police after one of his would-be victims escaped. Despite pleading not guilty on the basis on insanity, the court found him sane and fully accountable. He later expressed remorse.

Mao Zedong
Athiest
Mao Zedong led the Communist Party of China to victory in the Chinese Civil War, helping to establish the People’s Republic of China. He had ambitions for a strong China, but his programs largely failed altogether. He has been blamed for the death of between 20 and 67 million of his “comrades”. Under his insane rule there was a culture akin to anarchy, that killed the economy and industrial production. His “Great Leap Forward” triggered a catastrophic and massive famine. However, he is most notorious for the precepts of the “Cultural Revolution”, which led to perhaps the greatest era of cultural vandalism the world has ever known. Antiques, historical sites, artifacts, ancient documents, feng shui traditions, Chinese traditional dresses and monasteries were destroyed for being associated with the “old ways of thinking”. Many copies of the Qu’ran were burnt. Red Guard groups around the country destroyed political and educational stability, criticizing anyone who considered himself superior, destroying reputations and lives. Mao, privately, led a life of great deviancy and excess. He also exacted revenge on all those, mainly intellectuals and professionals, who had disgraced Mao in his earlier career. He also targeted anyone with links to the Chinese Nationalist Party as well as anyone who posed a threat to him. Five million were executed in death camps. 36 million were persecuted and tortured. There were even instances of cannibalism.

I could go on..

Se how easy it is to make *insert your favorite belief to hate* look bad?

Seriously, lets stop the "blame religion" crap. A psychotic person (like the ones in the op, or the above I've mentioned) uses a belief as an excuse to fulfill their sadistic nature. It's not the cause of their insanity.
edit on 28-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

I thought there were 66 of them. Which 65 of them do you ignore? I hope it's the ones that command you to drag your crying children out into the street, kicking and begging, only to have their friends watch you throw rocks at them until they stop breathing.

Is that one of the ones you ignore?
edit on 28-11-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Not possible.. They are Christians!
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I have a question, why mention their faith?

I know why its done with Moslems, its all part of the psyop. Any evil act committed by a Moslem is instantly attributed to the religion so as to perpetuate the boogeyman "Islamist" fear tactic.

But I really dont see the need for it to be mentioned at all unless maybe its related to the crime in some way.

Were these people somehow "commanded by God" to commit these acts?
edit on 28-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by trollz

I have a question, why mention their faith?

I know why its done with Moslems, its all part of the psyop. Any evil act committed by a Moslem is instantly attributed to the religion so as to perpetuate the boogeyman "Islamist" fear tactic.

But I really dont see the need for it to be mentioned at all unless maybe its related to the crime in some way.

Were these people somehow "commanded by God" to commit these acts?
edit on 28-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

It's because of the book they were following on child-raising. It's a Christian-authored/Christian-perspective book that supports harsh punishments.

If it weren't for that, I'd be right with you there saying it is unfair to mention it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join