It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon cities buildings evident near Tycho crater.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Craters are very interesting on the moon. The newer photos HD are fake mostly, the program does auto adjustments and blending for optimum image, treating all the interesting details as unwelcome distortions to be blended away.

The pictures that count the most are NASA's older ones, and some are obvious photoshop jobs.

When you use dodge and burn tools in Gimp or Photoshop, you can uncover interesting things, such as a network of inner tubes. Some of the curvature of the moon, its outline, with space as a backdrop are photoshopped, and instead that was a look into an even bigger crate, they just tided it up.

THE MOON IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

This wild and unusual video uses one of NASA's photos, and it used to link right to it, and I did use dodge and burn on that, its interesting indeed.

Currently its linking to a more generic page, with lots on it.

However, someone with more time than me might be able to pull that one up, because that NASA photo is photo shopped, but when you uncover the mask, there is an advanced network of tubes for transportation. And inner base.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That's one of the better "Moon Anomaly" images I have ever seen; It seems that you have found the fabled Mansions of The Moon described in Arabic, Chinese and Western European astrology and poetry.

www.astrologyweekly.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for a cool post, AS.

Happy Thanksgiving.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

This thread should have the title Evident That Some People Don't Check Things Before Making A Thread.

Did you even consider what is the scale of these images

Look for yourself

Once loaded zoom in have a look around
edit on 28-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Unity_99
Craters are very interesting on the moon. The newer photos HD are fake mostly, the program does auto adjustments and blending for optimum image, treating all the interesting details as unwelcome distortions to be blended away.

The pictures that count the most are NASA's older ones, and some are obvious photoshop jobs.

When you use dodge and burn tools in Gimp or Photoshop, you can uncover interesting things, such as a network of inner tubes. Some of the curvature of the moon, its outline, with space as a backdrop are photoshopped, and instead that was a look into an even bigger crate, they just tided it up.

THE MOON IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

This wild and unusual video uses one of NASA's photos, and it used to link right to it, and I did use dodge and burn on that, its interesting indeed.

Currently its linking to a more generic page, with lots on it.

However, someone with more time than me might be able to pull that one up, because that NASA photo is photo shopped, but when you uncover the mask, there is an advanced network of tubes for transportation. And inner base.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

You don't have a clue about photography or photoshop neither does the idiot on youtube!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If modern images of Tycho are a problem because they are too detailed to be true, try much older ones.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by JadeStar

There are no roads. Just over magnified low res pixels with the contrast cranked up.

I think the rocky road is more convincing than your theory.
edit on 28-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

AthlonSavage

As can be seen in this image the area to the right of the city' which appears as if its 'undeveloped' rolling hills sports linear peaks and valleys which give a good indication that the pixely appearance is an image wide effect just as Jadestar indicates of being a heavily resized image using bi-cubic filtering (or at least thats what I think they call it in PS). Where are the links to the original image or source used to get these city close ups? (although looking at it its some thing i guess like Google moon?, in wich case no wonder its so damn pixely)

That would clear it all up. All this looks like when you compensate for the smoothed out pixelisation is its a very rubble strewn dip in the moonscape.

These sorts of things remind me of a little event waaaay back 14 years ago in a Bigfoot newsgroup I was part of for a short while, the community had a very outspoken troll (before such a term even existed) one of his stunts was where he claimed that the famous patterson footage bigfoot still photo had symbols and tattoos all over its body, as was eventually proposed to him he had taken a blown up copy of the image and blown it up many times not to mention copied it a few times into black and white with a photo copier after, the result was all sorts of dotted artifacts and as with all humans our eyes join masses of dots into shapes and groups we can understand... hence the guy was seeing bells, birds and other 'tattoos' on the bigfoot, where if you looked at the original photos, not a single example existed. He insisted it was all legit in his overtly aggressive manner but everyone did their best to drum him out of the community. Never knew what happened to him in the end.

Whoops this threads long than It appeared, so sorry for reiterating whats no doubt been said already

edit on 28-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

wmd_2008

You don't have a clue about photography or photoshop neither does the idiot on youtube!

That's usually the problem with these types of people and their believers.

They have no freakin' idea WHAT they are looking at, nor do they know anything about optics, scale, CCDs, image compression or processing.

Giving these folks planetary imagery and photoshop often is basically giving them full licenses to fool themselves and a whole lot of other fools.

Denying ignorance means calling out B.S. like this when necessary.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I just had a thought, where any of these images taken off of the 3d version of Google Moon? (I can see the pan and zoom gui in the corner of some of the images, which doesn't correspond with the web browser version (which is very square not rounded like the one visible in the images) and ive never used the stand alone Google Moon or Earth before).

Well the thing is, with programs like that the images are all mapped obviously onto a 3d model, and most 3d used in that manner (real time, games etc) uses DDS textures... Alot of the image artifacts in those images do look like the result of DDS compression, or at least the DDS compression im familiar with (I do alot of modding for the odd game and it definitely looks like the DDS compression you get with complex detailed areas which tend to end up very boxy).

The boxiness gets VERY noticeable especially in monotone images such as viewing the separate color channels of a DDS image or looking at a DDS compressed normal map.
edit on 28-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Wow, that's a picture of the moon?. The aliens have really stepped up their building construction!
edit on 28-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
I checked the area from the first pic on lroc...

First pic coords Lat: 42.4344 Lon: 12.2143

Dun dun dun...
The area has been blurred out...

It's not BLURRED out it hasn't been taken at the highest res possible so when an adjacent image is at a higher res the other appears pixilated.

This is a great example of a very COMMON problem on here when people make comments on images and don't actually understand how they are created!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Maybe it''s the remnants of Atlantis you see. I am of the belief that the Moon was once part of the Earth. Your post has given me an idea:

What if the ancient Atlanteans with all of their great technology, accidentally caused a great explosion which blew a huge chunk into the Space which later became the Moon,

If nothing else, at Least this would explain why the Moon pulls at Earth's oceans. It wants its water back. If this is a real city I'm betting on the remnants of Atlantis

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

They have no freakin' idea WHAT they are looking at, nor do they know anything about optics, scale, CCDs, image compression or processing.

Oh Jade come on, how can you say this...
You are the one who told us that you're observing rocks on the Moon with your telescope.
Please post your images

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why would aliens want a moon base when they could have the belt or the Trojan asteroids? Much more secure and resource rich then the Moon.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

lostbook

Maybe it''s the remnants of Atlantis you see. I am of the belief that the Moon was once part of the Earth. Your post has given me an idea:

What if the ancient Atlanteans with all of their great technology, accidentally caused a great explosion which blew a huge chunk into the Space which later became the Moon,

If nothing else, at Least this would explain why the Moon pulls at Earth's oceans. It wants its water back. If this is a real city I'm betting on the remnants of Atlantis

We'd be talking deep time when it comes to lunar formation. If something was there - it wasn't human. Very little would surrive at any rate - you'd have to look at metal/isotope depletation in the geological record to have any hope of finding something.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It's not BLURRED out it hasn't been taken at the highest res possible so when an adjacent image is at a higher res the other appears pixilated.

Do you have any links with this explanation?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Google earth can photograph me in the pool yet NASA is incapable of providing a non pixelated or blurry image of the moon.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's all in your head.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

rickymouse
I see opportunity. Does anyone want to buy a fixer upper on the moon. A few old artificial christmas trees planted around the old homes and I bet I could sell them. No taxes is a good selling point. Heck, designing good software can make them look great and boost profits.

Is that place in Aristarchus crater still for sale?

wms.lroc.asu.edu...
(Move the blue rectangle to the left half of the white spot near the botto middle of the screen).

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

smurfy
So here is some mystery Hi-Tec civilization that likes formal squares and rectangles, goes to the moon and builds what can only be described as a fecking shanty town, but even shanty towns have some order.

The OP's images show rectangles and squares, but due to the low resolution nature of the images and the jpeg "blocking artifacts" that can be seen all through the images (even where there is just flat moonscape), there is no way to tell if the alleged buildings are really squares and rectangles, or if they are just rounded boulders that look "blocky" due to the high jpg compression of the image.

edit on 11/28/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Shirak
Google earth can photograph me in the pool yet NASA is incapable of providing a non pixelated or blurry image of the moon.

Google uses other peoples IMAGES the very close images from above are taken from low flying aircraft not space DOH!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join