It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salem Witch Trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Let me start this off by saying I apologize if this's in the wrong section.

My question to all you ATS'ers is do you know if there were any sort of books recovered from the salem witch trials or any reports/claims of the sort? Like books being burned on site of a supposed witch or anything like that. If books were recovered my guess is that 99.9% of them were destroyed or all put into the same place. What do you think?
edit on 28-11-2013 by Germann because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If you mean witchcraft books ... no real witches were harmed in Salem and therefore no witchcraft books were tossed into the flames either. Innocent men and women were slandered, butchered, and their properties stolen.

Side note ... one of my relatives was hung as a witch in Hartford CT -
Mary Barnes Hartford CT

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I know there were many court documents that were saved in archives. (Standard procedure for legal stuff)
Some documents go into great detail as to the where-to-fors and whys of the cases being prosecuted.
It sounds like you're looking for something else though.

I remember reading that as the witch hysteria began to diminish, one of the court decrees stated that accusers were going to have to produce 'real' evidence as opposed to 'spectral' evidence. I think that more than anything, the whole subject is a perfect example of human nature. There are plenty of modern-day witch hunters, who knee-jerk themselves right into mob\group thought, and launch their 'witch hunts'.
I'd go as far as to say our 'modern' society is nuttier than those Puritans were.

I also read that no witches were ever burned in Salem. They were mostly hanged. A couple of suspected witches were crushed with heavy stones. To 'purify their souls'.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My guess is that any books of Occult significance would have been forwarded to the Vatican. For the most part these were simply educated or perceptive women. People would ingest mushrooms or ergot fungus while working the fields or eating moldy bread or grain and hallucinate the dragons and devils they saw dancing with these women.
A tool of control and depravity I have a book on the Salem and Witch hunting history listing the tortures the churches inquisitors would inflict on women which would make our contemporary horror writers sick.
Luckily we have seen the psychic ability and phenomenon make a comeback since the 1920s. If you are looking for some good old reads go second hand book shopping for old journals of the Society of Psychical research. 1940 - 1970 have some great experiments and ideas to try.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The things i would do to gain access to the Vaticans library....

top topics

join