It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading geneticist says we are a hybrid of Pigs and Chimps

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lol. Interesting.
Chimps and pigs makin bacon

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Is there just higher odds that this would occur between chimps and pigs, then say giraffes and cats? Or if you have like 1,000 chimps and pigs and mate them every day for 100 years, youd maybe get a hybrid or at most some kind of many. But is there 0 percent chance for certain species cross mating, and then like 0.1 for species that share similar genetic code and physical size?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Was it a chauvinist pig?
Sorry. Had to.

Oh gawd! You guys are crackin' me up this morning. Too funny. Thanks for this thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I find it rather convenient that no attempt is made to explain-even in lay terms-how mating between a boar and a chimpanzee produces anything.
Also: Am I supposed to assume that this guy's credentials as a "leading geneticist" means he's somehow exempt from becoming insane?
I hope this is not to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

McCarthy is a geneticist whose work focuses on hybrids and, particularly, the role of hybridization in the evolutionary process. The linked article is a very interesting read and informative - you really should check it out. NOTE: It's a myth that cross-species mating normally results in sterile offspring - offspring usually have reduced fertility but they are fertile. ...Anyway, his hypothesis is not proved but remains quite reasonable given the evidence. Weird though, I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jodash

I find it rather convenient that no attempt is made to explain-even in lay terms-how mating between a boar and a chimpanzee produces anything.

Cross-species mating is common and so are fertile offspring.

I hope this is not to be taken seriously.

Why? We are all one spiritually and scientifically - why choke on the details?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We're cosmic dna from laboratories, and human didn't come from animals, they came from our DNA, for nature's backdrop, for food and for companionship. Pigs, apes, cats and dogs. Cats have combo dna but emotional centers and brain structure a bit more like humans. They also came from our DNA.

Earth is a school for humans. There are other schools too, that is their purpose in this plane.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

winofiend
But doesn't human taste like chicken?

I should know, I used to read ogrish. Loads of cannibal stories on there. Mostly about how anus tastes rotten and is rubbery when fried. Anyone tried pigs bum?

Bit like the article in the op really.. pigs bum..

ahha.. good god I have to leave this thread, it's doing me a mischief.

Sooooo....anus tastes like sh*t?

I had to do it. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When they had drunk she turned them into pigs by a stroke of her wand, and shut them up in her pigsties. They were like pigs-head, hair, and all, and they grunted just as pigs do; but their senses were the same as before, and they remembered everything.

Religions ban eating pork...

Did the ancients know something we are just now discovering?

We walk on two legs not on four
To walk on four legs breaks the law
What happens when we break the law?

Don't Break the LAW...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

daryllyn
Does this mean I am part bacon?

I am totally fine with that, if that's the case. Just sayin..
edit on 28amThu, 28 Nov 2013 01:36:45 -060013ThursdayThursday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Hey we are all part bacon...

oracleofbacon.org...

Omg the puns are endless with this thread lol, unfortunately I havnt anything more intelligent to add!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The geneticist is just a "Monkey" fan.

www.imdb.com...

Monkey and Pigsy

Its not such a crazy idea,

Looking at bone structures of peoples faces and one can see much resemblance in some to either monkeys or pigs.

I could go further but risk sounding racially degrading and haven't enough info or knowledge at hand at this time to explain my hypothesis if I even have one.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have heard that humans have been referred to as 'long pigs'.

And that we taste like bacon.

If we cross a pig and a chimp don't we get a pimp?

Seems about right.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
Lol. Interesting.
Chimps and pigs makin bacon

Heard McDonalds are already looking into this, CLT burgers coming soon...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Cross-species mating is common and so are fertile offspring.

I'm aware of breeding between species, but this is talking about Class (Mammalia). That's what I can't get my head around. If it really is possible to mate two animals no more closely related than Class, shouldn't this be setting the world on its ear?

I also don't get why this type of cross-breeding is necessary to prove we are all one. We just are, no explanation necessary.

Anyway, whatever. Far be it from me to keep any person or any animal from sexual freedom, though personally, I'll stick with humans.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
1. He's not a leading geneticist. I have never even heard of him.
2. His idea is easily debunked. Here's the human genome. Here's the pig genome. Do they support this insane idea? No.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

The 'leading geneticist' apparently doesn't want to rely on genetics.

McCarthy’s list of the anatomic evidence is long, but the main items on it are similarities in the anatomy of faces of pigs and humans and inexplicable similarities in the microstructure of the skin and organs. 'The reason why this hasn’t been discovered yet is excessive reliance on the genetic evidence...' said McCarthy.

Bloody hell, some people will say anything, won't they? And there's always someone out there waiting to believe them.

edit on 28/11/13 by Astyanax because: of quotobotaxiphoresis.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This group of scientists who obviously hate humanity, as is so often expressed by TPTB, have mistaken their loyalties, for the inner earth that they serve are Lower Primitives, and its not a pyramid overlapping a pyramid overlapping a pryamid all the way up, as they have mistakenly assumed. The Higher Ups are NOT dog eat dog.

To simplify its two opposing twin vortex's. One is pryamidal, and one is the opposite, Mother's Challice, the inverted pryamid. The pyramid is a scarsity system of hellzone worlds where power is to the few, and the majority are shrunken. Its not equal to Heavens realms of infinte progression, empowerment and equality of all people, where all are infinite parts of infinity, AND abundance.

In the middle ground, where these 2 overlap, we have the schools.

That lower primitive group can be higher up in the meeting arena, more empowered than those in the schools, but that is temporal. For there is a limit, boundaries where the 2 meet. They've totally crippled themselves until they make U turns and go the other way, to Equality.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
When you consider that some types of chimps eat poisonous food and then eat charcoal to detox themselves its not such a far stretch to think that and even stronger drive like sex would push them to try it with a pig, but the whole idea we are a offshoot of the two will need some 'splainin.

I thought this little piggy went home, but apparently it was the one going WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (think Geico commercial)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Humans are known to have sex with animals so maybe one day some new creature will appear.
Could this throw a spanner in the works for the theory of evolution?
edit on 28-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Pfff!! Mr. Garrison told us something similar several years ago.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join