It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading geneticist says we are a hybrid of Pigs and Chimps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yep he is real, cursory search found reference to one paper from 1995 about hybrid plants, a book about hybrid birds (with 5000 citations wooo) and this 'theory', (which failed to be published).

Apart from a lot of recent mentions about this particular subject, I couldnt find much else in short time.

'Leading geneticist' though ?

No.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: added the important bit, the bit I wrote the post for in the first place ....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You said 'She doesn't get too far out'

It's a he. Well for posterity, Eugene is a male, not female.

I say, Aliens did it. I also say that genetic tampering with the wild boar produced the farmed version of pig. Could also be the reason why some can't eat pork, and why certain 'Gods' told their people not to eat pork. Of course, they could all be unrelated and their more common explanations may be the actual explanation....we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

daryllyn
Does this mean I am part bacon?

I am totally fine with that, if that's the case. Just sayin..
edit on 28amThu, 28 Nov 2013 01:36:45 -060013ThursdayThursday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Fried Dary on the menu

Oh stop it wino... *smacks snout*

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Evolutionary speaking humans, chimps and pigs must have shared a common ancestor somewhere in the distant past, which should suffice to explain any similarities, although different mammals became different species.

Nevertheless, without knowing the details of her theory, has she yet disproven that early humans perhaps evolved into chimps and pigs, perhaps with some addition of other species?

Hominids a million or so years ago could have evolved into chimps in forested areas (eventually mating with other primate species that they were beginning to resemble).

Perhaps in more open shrubbery, hominids could have reverted to four-legged foraging, and become more pig-like (with some admixture from pig-like creatures they were starting to resemble and compete with).

Has she proven that we were not essentially the ancestors of pigs and chimps, rather than their mixture being our ancestors?

It's surely speciesism to assume that other species, like chimps or pigs, must have existed in modern forms to breed us as some kind of pinnacle of creation.

It's then just as likely that modern pigs and chimps branched off from our ancestors, perhaps with some eventual breeding with respective fossil pigs and primates to complete the process of making some of our ancestors well adapted contemporary chimps and pigs.

I'd really love to know why species like pigs and chimps won't mate with each other and have litters today, if it happened in the past?
edit on 28-11-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Lol, but maybe we ARE on someones menu, or SOMETHING.

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
But doesn't human taste like chicken?

I should know, I used to read ogrish. Loads of cannibal stories on there. Mostly about how anus tastes rotten and is rubbery when fried. Anyone tried pigs bum?

Bit like the article in the op really.. pigs bum..

ahha.. good god I have to leave this thread, it's doing me a mischief.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

"How to Serve Humans." the book title read.

"with mint sauce." it continued as they wiped the dust off the cover.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

God I miss that series. So entertaining.

It's also postulated in certain channelled texts too, that Humans and Pigs are the most commonly found genetic manipulations done by Aliens...so I lol'ed real hard at this.....

lol, postulated....I mean....asserted.
edit on 28-11-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Exactly. Some fish have remnants of evolutionary traits we turned into ear drums. We're all somewhere, the offshoot of things that all blobbed around absorbing things.

We even share dna with trees.

I doubt the chimps were sexing up the banana trees however. Or.. .. well .. naww..

But as someone said it would be easy enough to test the hypothesis. breed them. If they spawn pink squealing hairless monkeys that desire to deplete the earth of it's natural resources and take 12 years to stop feeding on the tit, then they are correct. If not, then we have a funny video to watch of a monkey and a pig rubbing tummies.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Tidnabnilims

Yep he is real, cursory search found reference to one paper from 1995 about hybrid plants, a book about hybrid birds (with 5000 citations wooo) and this 'theory', (which failed to be published).

I'm seeing one or two more papers and cites along with these. Try googlescholar. Not a huge number of papers, though.

'Leading geneticist' though ?

I'm not sure how to rank them, but it sounds unlikely.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

He isn't being negative. He's being realistic
Rape is biologically natural. Thousands and thousands of years ago it got the job done, and that was good enough.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It all depends how crowded the bar was how dark the lighting and how many they had to drink, but seriously.

We are animal domesticators and that means we share a great deal of time with these animals and Pigs are the oldest (Surviving) domesticated animal, there is a process called genetic homogenisation that can occure through Virus infections, the virus infects one host and its next generation picks up some of the host DNA passing it to its next host so as these two gene pools were side by side for so long the viral infections passing between these two species would have imparted substantial amounts of DNA and it is not only humans picking up Swine DNA but Swine picking up Human DNA, also humans lived in very close proximity to the great apes for a very long time.
Now what if our DNA was once so different we would think of those beings as alien?.
It all depends on how long we have been integrating with the local biosystem.

Genetic homogenisation through viral transferrance of genetic material between species.
The earth is a living organism, what the biosphere cannot reject is has to adapt to or absorb and virus have played a very great role in the developement of species.

edit on 28-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

daryllyn
Does this mean I am part bacon?

WHOA!!!!!

You just blew my mind!!!!

If this turns out to be true does that mean Jews and Muslims wont be able to touch themselves or anyone else?

Religious implications could be huge

Nope it would actually lend credence to old stories of not eating pigs on purpose, because maybe they knew some things.. Or maybe not..

I can't say I havn't noticed many simularities, but is there science I can look at? (that was another joke because science is an action)...

Pigs and apes cannot have kids (in any normal way even though they have very similar DNA)...

I wonder why humans have so little hair. Maybe humans survived better while sunburnt.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So we're half pig, half monkey...does that make us pinkeys?

This guys speciality is hybridization, so obviously he is going to be biased towards his field, not to mention he's using the cross breeding of similar species as an example to justify his findings. Lions and tigers are alike, monkeys and pigs are not.

I'd like to hear his theory on the platypus, which I believe is the result of a drunken romp between a beaver and a duck.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
So we're half pig, half monkey...does that make us pinkeys?

This guys speciality is hybridization, so obviously he is going to be biased towards his field, not to mention he's using the cross breeding of similar species as an example to justify his findings. Lions and tigers are alike, monkeys and pigs are not.

I'd like to hear his theory on the platypus, which I believe is the result of a drunken romp between a beaver and a duck.

Wow, you're stupid. It was obviously a 3way between a Duck, Beaver, and Otter.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Somewhat surprised to see that after two pages, nobody has recognised the story or the person as having been discussed before just a few months ago.

Chimp-Pig Hybrid=Humans
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Muslims and jews dont eat swine, dont think muslims and jews are wanting to eat themselves so ummm yeah.

Anyway, anyway, I digress, more interestinly though is that Muslims believe GOD turned a bunch of treacherous jews into monkeys and pigs at one stage in time, so that could explain why we have similar DNA to these beasts, because they were once human, not the other way around.

Oh the poor geniticist, how 'apeism'(i mean atheism) has turned her into a fool.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Well yeah, although I guess she'd say you couldn't breed modern chimps and pigs because she's talking about chimps and pigs that lived millions of years ago and perhaps their reproductive systems weren't as specialized by speciation as the modern chimps and pigs.

However, animals would already have followed a totally different evolution to plants by that stage for many more million years, and I'd guess our last common ancestor with them was some kind of bacteria or fungus.
Hence, unfortunately sex with a banana is unlikely to produce a Spongebob looking person.

But if it happened so long ago then I also don't understand why a common ancestor couldn't have branched into humans, chimps and pigs.

I suppose it would all go against the fossil record that would put a common mammal ancestor before primates and pigs, and reduce it back to some rat-like critter in the age of the dinosaurs.
Granted, I haven't seen that fossil record of chimps and pigs, and whether a hominid might be a missing link to either species.

Otherwise it seems like ping-pong evolution - that is a hominid that walked slightly upright went back to the trees and the ground on all fours.

However, there's no proof why ping-pong evolution couldn't happen.

But who knows?
If she's right maybe we're lucky to have the head of an ape and the butt of a pig, rather than vice-versa.

edit on 28-11-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

No offense but you need to go back and start again.

So much misunderstanding, so little time.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: you cant go spouting stuff about evolution when you cant even distinguish gender AFTER its pointed out to you

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just sounds like more psy-ops to beat us down with, and continue to perpetuate the idea that we are no better than animals, which continues to support the supposed contrast that the general populace of the world is "lesser-than" compared to the upper-crust, chosen people whom are the only ones fit to decide how the world SHOULD run and IS run. When I think of professions that are friends to humanity, "geneticist" is nowhere on that list. Whenever they're not determining what animal the rabble descends from, they're determining what beings are fit to carry on their most "superior" and "beneficial" genes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join