It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. and Iran will open joint Chamber of Commerce

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Until the Supreme Mullah speak up, I'm leery of this new relationship. What does he have to say?

The only way I see this change of events actually occurring is if the UN agrees what Iran's nuclear ambitions are civilian in nature.
edit on 28-11-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There could be some side motivations in wanting to calm the area at any price. Thanks to the meddling of the American Federal Reserve and the refusal of the Chinese to admit they have deep financial problems the worlds markets are bloated with overvalued currency. The American stock market is booming over 16,000 however consumer confidence is at an all time low.

The bubble is going to burst and perhaps it could be triggered by aggression in the region, so the peace at any price is used to keep the worlds monetary systems floating, and continually expanding, on money that really doesn't exist, for a little while longer.

When it does happen-it's going to be ugly worldwide.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Dear Charles,,,Despite all the hardship the US/UK governments have caused in Iran during last,well centuries! us Iranians are still willing to give peace a chance and act maturely to avoid further conflicts and possibly a world war.We are willing to once again put our trust in American people,not the government because we know Americans as a nation are mostly peace loving,kind and caring...An stable relation with Iran will benefit the whole world specially America,and it will eventually stabilize the whole region if that is what the west is really looking for...Zionists are afraid of their position in the ME and they know that the western powers are fed up with baby sitting them for ever,,every baby has to grow up and leave some day.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Dear shapur,

Thank you a dozen times over. You've opened up some new lines of thought for me, and I'm grateful. Let's try this.

There are two Irans. The majority of the people, and the government plus some fanatic citizens. It seems the problems which the world has are with the government. The biggest of those problems seems to be the weapons program. I don't see how Iran can be left alone until one of two things happen. Either they are prevented from getting nuclear weapons, or they convincingly prove they have zero interest in using them.

I don't think there is any way to prevent Iran from getting such weapons at this point. Earlier, it would have been possible, although it would have required difficult military action. The sanctions are only hurting the wrong people and the government control is solid enough to put down any rebellions n the foreseeable future. We learn about another secret underground facility every six months or so, and there is nothing to stop nuclear technology from flowing across borders in that turbulent region.

I believe the failure of President Obama to support the people of Iran and their revolution at the start of his administration, and his complete ineffectiveness since, has rendered the problem more difficult.

So, if Iran has, or soon will have, nuclear weapons, how is the government to be prevented from using them, or selling them to even less responsible actors? From what we've been hearing for years, the current government has no interest in changing their attitude. All our efforts to change their attitude have gone for naught.

The remaining solution in my eyes? Restart the Green Revolution with an America that supports it this time around. Make sure the revolution isn't taken over by fanatics as it was in Egypt. Get the reasonable, progressive, freedom loving Iranians in power, and the rest takes care of itself. Maybe the Chamber of Commerce building can be a center for the new revolution.

I may be wrong but thanks for the spur to new thinking.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Pack ur bags!!!!!!!!!!! ur going too wounderful Downtown Teran,,, thats ,,teran in iran,,,yeaaaaa,,

lol

did anyone tell them yet?

lol

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Dear BobAthome,

I am always ready to trumpet forth my ignorance to all the world.

Who are those people? I'd be astonished if you tried to tell me they were Iranains. Actually, I wouldn't believe you. I'm sorry to be stepping on your joke, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. (or why you're laughing)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

im sorry,, they would be your average "american chamber of commerce executives",,,, just so that an image of an average ,"chamber of commerce" type person,,,,

but they may be,,

ME NewsWire | Middle East News Wire - Heads of American Chambers of Commerce ...

these type of people as well,,

as too the actually people,,,don't know.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

But you know Charles there are many more aggressive governments in the area with much worse records of peace keeping who make nukes but they have never supplied or attacked anybody with nuclear weapons in and out of the region ...And believe me if we really wanted the bomb we could have already have it years ago,either by manufacturing it or simply buying it from north Korea,Russia or Pakistan...Iran is not looking forward to have nuclear weapons because we know having them is virtually useless and using them is total madness.Besides it is Haram in Islam to make or use WMD...Iranians do not approve of every thing our government does (like almost any other nation in the world),but this does not mean at all that we are willing to allow the westerners to install another puppet in our country and take over the central banks and our resources again,, that is just absurd,,this is not 1800's...Even American government do not like that idea anymore.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anything that irritates Israel is excellent news in my book.

I long for the day when the world finally has had enough
of Israel with thier lies and cowardly retoric.

Just straight up ignore them... Like Burma.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Hmm..

You know, I've been thinking. Maybe Iran has managed to convince Washington it's ready to play ball and become the next puppet dictatorship in the Middle East.

I can't imagine what else would prompt such a 360 in policy and rhetoric from both sides. Something has happened we aren't privy to it seems.

~Tenth

A big part of it is what happened in Syria. When the chips were down and the US was threatening military action Russia instead going to bat saying they would defend Syria instead handed over Syrias Chemical Weapons that Assad was claiming he did not even have weeks before. Now, if your Iran and you know conflict is coming over your nuke program and the only country you thought you could count on nows seems likely to sell out your program to avoid losing you as customer while you get nothing, like Assad, you start looking to make your own deal. Iran internal problems also come into to play as the people are more and more pro western. When you can not beat them join them. That is not to say it will be easy, plenty of elements within Iran will resist. How it all ends is anybodys guess. On the part of the US avoiding a war in a region that would cause oil prices to shoot way way up that might derail the econimic recovery now chugging along nicely is very important.

As for a Chamber of Commerce since they are private organizations I suppose they can create one and try and get US companies to join. A good thing for both sides.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Dear shapur,

It is really a pleasure talking with you. Thank you for continuing our discussion. Perhaps you can help me with a question to which I haven't found an answer.

Let us assume that Iran has no interest in nuclear weapons whatsoever. Iran would never use them and does not want them. The entire country is suffering severely from sanctions and the looming threat of war.

Would it not be honorable to announce to the whole world, "You may send inspectors anywhere you want, anytime you want. We are open to the world. We will not process anything beyond what is reasonably needed for power and medicine. We only ask that you do not release any of our secrets?" Iran, I believe, has signed treaties to that effect. I am as certain as I could be that the sanctions will be lifted, the world will give Iran a Peace Prize, and the Mid-East would become calmer.

This would not involve taking over the country, or installing another government, or anything else you might fear. If, however, Iran allows the world to continue thinking they are working towards a bomb, no good will come of it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Dear Charles, the feelings are mutual...We have a clear record of our activities available for anyone to inspect...All the nuclear facilities are frequently inspected by various agencies...Iran does not have anything to hide and it doesn't need to secretly develop devices or surprise people with new habits!...We are very straight forward and out spoken as some may have noticed,,we are also a very peaceful,caring and responsible nation (well most of us anyways).The problem is that Zionist regime is feeling so guilty of their crimes against humanity that they fear people will not spare them in case they are fully exposed and caught in action.So it is obvious they would do anything to sabotage the relationship between the West and Iran hoping their inevitable collapse would at least delay for a couple of more rides..........Cheers.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by VariableConstant

I can see an immediate and direct benefit to Iran. What do you see as the benefit to the United States?

charles1952
reply to post by VariableConstant

I can see an immediate and direct benefit to Iran. What do you see as the benefit to the United States?

Peace?
Thawing of relations between a needless enemy?
A whole new trade market?
Less need for military to be stationed in the ME?
Pissing off Isreal ?(worth it in itself
)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would have thought the thawing of relations a good thing?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Dear shapur,

Thanks for your answer, and for taking the time to prepare it. I know I'm not the brightest, so I hope you'll excuse my continuing confusion.

We have a clear record of our activities available for anyone to inspect...All the nuclear facilities are frequently inspected by various agencies...Iran does not have anything to hide and it doesn't need to secretly develop devices or surprise people with new habits!...We are very straight forward and out spoken as some may have noticed,,we are also a very peaceful,caring and responsible nation (well most of us anyways).
I'm surprised, then, that the IAEA (the inspecting agency) has filed reports for years that Iran is only offering partial inspections and turning away inspectors at some sites. This has made it impossible, according to the IAEA, to know for sure what Iran is doing with its facilities. Year after year, Iran has been found to be failing in it's obligations for allowing inspections. See why I'm confused?

The problem is that Zionist regime is feeling so guilty of their crimes against humanity that they fear people will not spare them in case they are fully exposed and caught in action.
This confuses me as well. I haven't seen any indication that Israel is bothered in the least by what they are doing. Any thing that Israel is doing has been pretty well exposed in the press. Settlements, possessing nuclear weapons, grip on Gaza, conflicts in the West Bank, possible assassinations. It's all out there.

So it is obvious they would do anything to sabotage the relationship between the West and Iran hoping their inevitable collapse would at least delay for a couple of more rides.
I think you're saying that a US - Iran alliance would spell the end of Israel. If true, then it only makes sense that Israel would oppose it. But there's an assumption here. Doesn't the US want Israel to continue, while Iran wants it to disappear? If so, the only way that Israel would be endangered would be if the US adopted Iran's goal.

If the US is going to protect Israel, and not increase Iran's strength then there is no reason to worry about an agreement between the two. But Israel is. It may be helpful to ask why.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Dear crazyewok,

It seems that tonight isn't my night for understanding. Most of your "benefits" are military.

Peace?
Thawing of relations between a needless enemy?
Less need for military to be stationed in the ME?

Are we at war with Iran? Are they our enemy? Are they the reason for the stationing of some of our troops in the Mid-East? As far as I know we have no military operations in Iran, nor are we fighting their troops anywhere.

Are you telling me that Iran is supporting the people we are fighting in Afghanistan? I suppose there's an outside chance that they're supporting a couple of radical Muslim groups as well? So, our smart move is to build up their economy, which will enable them to send more resources to these groups? Instead of describing a military advantage to this Chamber of Commerce idea, you're pointing out how it will result in additional fighting and deaths.

We're going to do that on the chance we might make a few bucks off the deal? And it is just a chance. As I wondered earlier, who is going to put up an oil well or mining complex in the middle of "Crazy Muslim Suicide Truck Bomber" territory?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Thawing of relations would be a good thing, if done from a position of mutual respect and strength. If done from a position of cheap political gamesmanship on our side, while showing Iran the respect of a mouse being toyed with by a big cat, Iran may show it's a big big big rat, not a little mouse. Cats get eaten if the rat is big enough (Wharf rats.. ewww.. the size of small poodles, I tell ya)..

I'm all for getting some good relations with the Middle East, just not like this. This won't end well because it's not, in my opinion, in good faith.

It's also unclear to me just who is setting policy. Barack Obama or Valarie Jarret? She is perhaps his closest personal and 'Special Advisor', and Iranian born with loyalties I sure wouldn't feel sure on...and never have. Iranian policy just hasn't crossed against US best interests until now, so I never much mention her.

She's reminds me of the witch behind the Sheriff of Nottingham in the Costner remake of Robin Hood.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

are u saying only Morgan Freeman can save them????

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Charles my friend,,in the new agreements between all the parties,Iran accepted frequent inspections of Parchin and Arak facilities.The only two sensitively located sites that haven't been fully exposed already,because of national security reasons,and the security of the key scientists working there...You see Israel and the west have done a tremendous job! of gaining Iranians trust and respect during the last decades or so...We have lost some of our brightest bravest citizens due to the organized terrorist activities orchestrated by the CIA,MOSSAD and the MI6...So it is a very delicate and complicated issue we are dealing with here ,not everything is what it appears to be.And yes Zionists are certainly pissed off ,frightened and confused and they will as usual use their deadliest gun (media) to delay or sabotage the deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

JRockABM
So our President is turning an enemy into a friend, and idiots are complaining? lol Wow, it's like people want this country to fail, want us to drive our economy into the ground with more wars, and want constant drama.

Any of you rocket scientists in this forum ever heard the "keep your friends close, and keep your enemies CLOSER"?

Grow a brain, I get tired of reading these empty-headed responses in here.

I know plenty of Persian people that now live in the States, they are young, progressive, and peaceful. The future is in REPAIRING and BUILDING together. This is a good thing. WAKE THE PHUK UP.

US ME allies 5 years ago (Jewish/Sunni):
- Israel
- Egypt
- Saudi Arabia
- Jordan

US ME enemies 5 year ago (Shia/ Muslim Brotherhood):
- Iran

US ME allies today (Shia/ Muslim Brotherhood):
- Iran

US ME nations turning to Russia today (Jewish/Sunni):
- Israel
- Egypt (US allies only as long as Muslim Brotherhood in power)
- Saudi Arabia
- Jordan

It appears to me, that US diplomatic relations has chosen to support the Muslim Brotherhood and Shia Islam in the region now (Iran), at the expense of the anti-Shia nations of Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan; long standing allies in the region for 20 + years.

God Bless,
edit on 2-12-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join