It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Air Force Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I have for some time been curious about Scott AFB along with a few other odd things in Saint Louis, were I live. I have heard a rumor that Scott AFB has one of the largest hangars in the world, yet was unable to find anything online in reference to the bases hangar sizes.

I do however know a large number of different commands are run out of that installation. One of which being the 375th Airlift Wing. As I believe those triangular craft we see in the sky are for transportation and/or spying purposes, Scott could have one of these triangles located in it's alleged giant hangar (I say alleged because I've never seen Scott AFB).

You might recall on January 13, 2000 a large UFO with "starfield camouflage" was spotted slowly moving across Illinois and Missouri near Saint Louis and Scott AFB. Link

I did a a bit of searching, finding little information on the complex however was able to find some alarming numbers within their 2003 ficial report.

Economic Impact of Scott AFB in the Region (from the FY03 Scott Economic Impact Analysis):
Scott AFB has a $1.63 billion impact (includes base payroll, base expenditures, estimated dollar value of indirect jobs):
Payroll:$970 Million
Annual Expenditures:$412 million
Construction of $42 million
Materials, equipment and supplies:$190.8 million
Services:$112 million
Full Report

That sure does seem like a lot of funding for a single air base, in my opinion.

Also in that report, you will see that Scott AFB has a work force of 13,065 people. If you divide that ginormous payroll among the work force, they are each making $74,244 a year. Either soldiers are paid a lot more than they let on, or someone in accounting is extremely generous.

The .PDF also states:

General Officers at Scott: 18
Generals that live on base: 14

I'm not sure if that means 14 of the 18 Officers live on base or if there are actually 14 Generals (like 1 star, 2 star, etc.) on base. It probably doesn't mean that, but if it does, that's one General per 1000 Airmen.

Right so, that's all the information I have as of yet and I can't help but to wonder about that financial report for the 2003 ficial year. What do you guys think of this? Are these numbers normal? Do I misunderstand? Could the base be receiving such high funding due to a secretive project (Flying Triangle) under its command?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Also in that report, you will see that Scott AFB has a work force of 13,065 people. If you divide that ginormous payroll among the work force, they are each making $74,244 a year.

Sounds like a new way of funding something secret and sneaky. Like the $24,000 loo seats, and $100,000 toilet rolls......

Thats alot each, even if you give less to the lower ranks, and more to the higher ranks, sounds like they are either earning a VERY good wage in the AF, or their covering up what they are spending on something else.....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Scott AFB is the headquarters of the Air Mobility Command and US Transportation Command.

Yes, it has a lot of generals (14 of 18 live on the base).

As far as military pay, you can find all of it at www.dfas.mil .... $75,000 a year is about what a mid-level officer makes (i.e. a Captian - which Scott has a ton of), not to mention all of the civilians, doctors, nurses, etc.... It is definately a "top-heavy" base.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Scott AFB is the home of Transport Command. That is where all the Generals are. Command headquarters are always loaded with Generals.

Chip

public.transcom.mil...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by nilkin67]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The US transportation command.
The Air Mobility Command.
18th Air Force
932 Airlift Wing
126th Air refueling wing
Air Force Communications Agency
Defense information systems agency

Their site is really pretty good and you can always go have a look
at the base it is only about 30-45 minutes from downtown St. Louis
there are roads that run on 3 of the 4 perimeters I would not however
sit some where and take pictures because of al lthe Homeland security hype
you may get harrassed (which I hate) but all they will do is harrass you.
and as mentioned before it is top heavy because of all of the different
commands located there, Having done some I.T. work at Ft. Huachuca Arizona I know that Ft. Huachuca and Scott AFB work closely together
Scott has the DISA (defense information Systems Agency) and Ft. Huachuca has TAC (total army communications) Both of these units have a hand in the Command and control operations world wide.

Just a side note: If you look for Midamerica St. Louis Airport you will find that
Scott Air base uses this giant waste of Money of any airport for some of its operations, Mid-America Airport is state of the art and was built inspite of people saying that it would go unused, which it has except for mostly military use.

Here is link to Scott AFB
public.scott.amc.af.mil...

[edit on 11/20/2004 by geocom]

[edit on 11/20/2004 by geocom]

top topics

join