It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

t's juicy little bits of hypocrisy like this and of course the dozens of accounts of genocide at the behest of god that turn so many away from Christianity and reject it outright, and I can't really say I blame them; there's just so much wrong with not only the institution, but many parts of the books themselves, I can see why many logic-based individuals abhor it so vociferously. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that much of the old testament stuff comes from a time much further in the past than is commonly accepted and of course the accounts are heavily fractured at this point. Also, the Yahweh of the bible is not the Infinite Creator that we are also parts of, as is Yahweh, but only a planetary level creator charged with stewardship of the Earth. We also are creators.

For me the number one thing I notice when I look upon all life.
I first see a fact no one can deny. That is the fusion of consciousness with
organic carbon based matter. So what do we have there ? A supernatural event
that not only begins every life form on earth, but also began life on earth in the
first place." In the beginning ".

Therefore, to consider any logic that sets aside the possibility of the supernatural is

ILLOGICAL

Besides , the supernatural makes
logic far more interesting.

Great reply and thank you.
edit on 1-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"Noah" is a Hollywood account of a religious myth with an ecological twist to make it politically correct. mankind CAUSED the flood, i.e.: "Climate Change," by creating an unbalance with nature.

Clap-clap-clap. Mythology on top of mythology.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MeTarzan

Anyone who would let an innocent man die for their sins isn't worth saving.

Please for your own sake be careful not to speak these words you write. Not ever.
Just in case you're completely wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by Logarock

"and you say If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.But in saying that, you testify against yourselves that you are indeed the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Matt 23:31

So what? I'm not responsible to the enslavement of African Americans, American Indian slaughter or the imprisonment of Japanese Americans in camps during WWII. I wasn't there, and I'm not guilty.

I am ashamed of my ancestors and their behavior.

Fair enough but to put it in its perspective the prophet that wrote this came at a time when the children where involved in said delinquencies. As if it were 1860.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

So you also doubt Alexander the Great's existence?

I wonder at what point are you going to take the Noah event to non-event.

As for the seal - no need to elaborate on it. It's self explanatory. We all know what it is.

You misinterpreted. Proof of Alexander the Greats existence is not hear say. You say proof of Noah is in Jesus's words, but we have no account of Jesus's words besides what some other person said.

Man what are they teaching these days down at brain surgeon school? 1st hand witness testimony is not "hear say" but legally admissible evidence in a court of law.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was expecting to come here and find a thread worth rallying against, since you and I tend to clash on our beliefs...

but...

Then you went and put up that trailer. Aronofsky is my favorite director; "The Fountain" one of my favorite movies. I think Aronofsky absolutely knows how to handle spiritual/religious themes in his films.

So... I really have nothing to say in response to Hollywood making a film about Noah. In fact, I'm glad Hollywood gave Aronofsky a budget, and actually look forward to seeing what he does with the material: what he adds, and what his own interpretation/message of the myth is.

Your rant about atheism and the "death" of Christianity though, well, that's just fear-mongering and propaganda. Quit feeding your persecution complex, Randy. Believe in your God if you want to, no one's forcing you not to: atheist or otherwise.

I expected you to talk about the film, about the director, about your opinion of whether or not Aronofsky would do the subject justice... but it was all just a clever bait-and-switch. I guess I should expect nothing less from you though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My late Father and Uncle - both fought in WW2 - told me, "There were no Atheist on the frontline. As soon as enemy attack began, Everyone made a sign of the cross and whispered 'Please God, not me'.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

First I apologize that we have clashed pretty hard in the past. Second,
so what if we clash everytime Scribe. Something you may not be aware of
but most are, I'm determined not to hold grudges. Don't be shy my friend
state your biz ?

Respect
edit on 2-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

randyvs

t's juicy little bits of hypocrisy like this and of course the dozens of accounts of genocide at the behest of god that turn so many away from Christianity and reject it outright, and I can't really say I blame them; there's just so much wrong with not only the institution, but many parts of the books themselves, I can see why many logic-based individuals abhor it so vociferously. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that much of the old testament stuff comes from a time much further in the past than is commonly accepted and of course the accounts are heavily fractured at this point. Also, the Yahweh of the bible is not the Infinite Creator that we are also parts of, as is Yahweh, but only a planetary level creator charged with stewardship of the Earth. We also are creators.

For me the number one thing I notice when I look upon all life.
I first see a fact no one can deny. That is the fusion of consciousness with
organic carbon based matter. So what do we have there ? A supernatural event
that not only begins every life form on earth, but also began life on earth in the
first place." In the beginning ".

Therefore, to consider any logic that sets aside the possibility of the supernatural is

ILLOGICAL

Besides , the supernatural makes
logic far more interesting.

Great reply and thank you.

You're welcome.

Of course, the word supernatural is somewhat of a misnomer because all events that occur within the universe are natural, they are simply not understood by science. If you were to show a pilgrim settler from the 1700's your Ipad, I'm sure they would deem it as supernatural sorcery, and endeavor to burn you for witchcraft without delay.

My understanding of the cosmology of the universe is that you have a stepping down process of consciousness that is similar to the matryoshka dolls of Russian antiquity, wherein the infinite creator in whom we are unified steps down it's consciousness and allows itself to shatter into many different shards of consciousness, consider if you will, the nature of light when interacting with a prism.

Before Isaac Newton, it was believed that white light was colorless, and that the prism itself produced the observed diffraction of color. Newton's experiments demonstrated that all the colors already existed in the light in a heterogeneous fashion, and that particles of light were splayed out because particles with different colors traveled with different velocities through the prism. It was only later that Young and Fresnel amalgamated Newton's particle theory with Huygens' wave theory to show that color is the visible manifestation of light's wavelength.

This science is also very applicable to the metaphysical sciences, for instance, the way in which light becomes shattered into a rainbow of seven colors in a prism is analogous to the way harmony works in music, wherein for each octave you have seven different notes, and the eighth note represents the beginning of the next octave, which is double the measure of oscillatory frequency of the previous octave. Similarly, reality is structured into differing densities of consciousness that step up in a way that is virtually identical to a musical scale.

Or, to simplify by using a very ancient Hermetic maxim: As above, so below.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Religion is the Old Serpent and an enemy to men and gods alike. Beautiful and tempting, but a bottomless pit that will steal your soul and put your mind on a loop to make you deny and fight plain Truth and the very God you claim to worship. Obsessively repeating and chanting 2000 year old "news" says it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Religion is the Old Serpent and an enemy to men and gods alike. Beautiful and tempting, but a bottomless pit that will steal your soul

I agree if you're talk'n about Satanism. Can't be sure.

make you deny and fight plain Truth and the very God you claim to worship. Obsessively repeating and chanting 2000 year old "news" says it all.

Says what ?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Organized religion is Satanism in my honest opinion. It is Religion that taught us about sin and Satan in the first place. Since the dawn of Christianity, "good Christians" have blamed Satan for everything that's wrong in this world. You give him way too much credit. So much for "Love your enemies". The dualism you hold so dear has put your soul on e-bay.

Edit: And thanks to whoever gave me the star, it's my first. Much obliged

edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I usually star every post I read and everyone who posts to my thread.
I try to anyway because whether or not you're completely wrong you're
entitle to your opinion. But that's all it is. I guess what bothers me is
niether one of us know what it would take for you to see things differently.
I mean you have me at a disadvantage if you haven't noticed? I've stated my
views. I'd like to hear just once someone offer something that made more sense.
Instead of just tearing up what others believe is a fair account of our existence.

Because the Bible says, that someone said, God said this or that, is what went down.
I've lived 54 plus years on this earth and to date, have found no reason not believe
there could be a God. Someone more intelligent than humans just isn't that hard for me to
imagine.
edit on 3-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am not denying there is a God. But religion is not God. It's merely reflections of what certain cults believed thousands of years ago. Firstly, God commands both good and evil (Lam 3:38). Cosmos is an image of God, continuously changing, and Man is an image of the Cosmos. What is inside the Universe are God's thoughts. So who are we to judge his commands and actions evil or good? Man, of all creatures, should know better than to blame anyone for his own misfortune. "For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God." (KJV 2Cor 4:15).

Jesus says: "call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (KJV Matt 23:9)

The worlds greatest religion calls all it's priests fathers. Religion is the deterioration of true adherence and faith, for it hears the Truth and orders the oposite. Religion is a monster you must cast away to overcome and inherit Life and Victory.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added refs

edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Typos

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I think it's my first reply on page one. And this from the bottom of either the fourth or fifth
page.

I know it's vague. I try to follow Jesus Christ with out the religion involved.
So I would never deny being Christian. I just haven't once attended a church
that seems to understand the power of his blood. I'm certain that it's all you need.
They don't credit what he did enough if you ask me. So I study on my own.
I don't understand something. I wait for an explanation instead of making
harsh calls myself. An answer thru whatever means always comes. Patience.

I do believe we agree. And I'm no catholic.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Organized religion beat the living daylights off Jesus and nailed him to a tree, love took care of his body and love brought him back to life. Organised religion is the greatest conspiracy of all time, and God is love. See?
edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added love

edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Edited the punchline to include God is love

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not often you see people agreeing in forums like this one. Kudos! You are a searching soul, and your humbleness will serve you well I believe.

Throughout history knowledge has been refined and reshaped, and along the way the Truth becomes more true as we close in on God's return. Submission is simple, anyone can do it, but Man is not on a journey of trust and being a good boy. We are on a mission to gain the knowledge of the Cosmos, and in effect knowledge of God. We are to develop the science that will free us from disease and give us eternal life, we will design and build the New Jerusalem to survive on this dying planet. Science is Zion, the foundation of the order of the Lamb of God, and through science we will conquer the old serpent (i.e. old knowledge, the old paradigm) and bring about new knowledge (i.e. a new serpent, a paradigm shift) to replace the obsolete.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added paradigm

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Not often you see people agreeing in forums

Took a while for me to see where you were coming from. Can't always be sure of
what someone is saying in text. Your first reply seemed like you might be just the usual
thread stomper God basher. So ya I'm just as surpised as you really. Happily surprised.
by your eloquence I should say.

Thank you,

is Tim alright ?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Indeed the dynamics of light and music are somewhat similar in nature, though of course not quite. Sound is energy resonating in an athmosphere. If you change the atmosphere or the properties of the encapsuled space surrounding it, the sound will change, due to chemical composition, pressure, gravity etc. For light, similar things can be said, and we can easily convert light into sound and sound into light. When two so incredibly different concepts as sound and light have so many similar properties-- the Cosmos must have a will on it's own, and it sounds to be colored by desire for beauty, compliment and symmetry. Signs of intelligence....
edit on 3-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: typos

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join