It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

HumAnnunaki
Noah...

Has anyone ACTUALLY read for themselves to recounting of Noah..?

I''ll do this from memory -

Noah took two of everything clean and also the unclean (animals)
aboard the ARK.

It rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
The ARK was adrift for 100 days before reaching land.

The human occupants consisted of Noah, his wife, there 3 sons and the sons wives.

That's where the story looses credibility.

NO WAY was his ARK large enough to hold 2 of everything clean and unclean!

140 days needs an abundance of food storage for humans and the animals,
then of course, a fresh water supply is needed.

How was the ARK kept from being destroyed by debris or smashing against rocks and mountains?

How did 8 humans control a zoo of that magnitude when today a zoo no where to that scale
takes many more humans to attend..?

There are many more questions including the ancient tale of Gilgamesh that supersedes
the Biblical tale of Noah. but you get the picture (I hope)

Here a crazy guess yes your absolutely right !! ... about gathering all the Land animals !

Noah and his 3 sons and their wives wasn't the Only ONEs !! ... that built an ark ..

around the World My Guess there was Others that did the same aka the Gilgamesh Tablet for one..
telling the close to the same tale as the Bible and Torah .. and Legends around the World about the Flood
even the new World has told such a tale North America Especially...

Claims of historicity
en.wikipedia.org...

It has been postulated that the deluge myth in North America may be based on a sudden rise in sea levels caused by the rapid draining of prehistoric Lake Agassiz at the end of the last Ice Age, about 8,400 years ago.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Deluge-Cherokee
www.firstpeople.us...

Native American Flood Myths and Legends
www.native-languages.org...

Well seeing even the NEW world makes the Claim of a Great Flood
Who knows!!

Then we Have Dragons Bigfoots aka ( Hominids ) , Giants, Angels, little people and Unicorns
Legends Around the World .. Old and New World .. yet Oceans apart telling the same tale

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wolfenz
Noah and his 3 sons and their wives wasn't the Only ONEs !! ... that built an ark ..

around the World My Guess there was Others that did the same aka the Gilgamesh Tablet for one..
telling the close to the same tale as the Bible and Torah .. and Legends around the World about the Flood
even the new World has told such a tale North America Especially...

SSHHHHHHH.. my friend.. not so loudly -

Were NOT suppose to have the intelligence to question a story
filled with loopholes, a story told world wide of an account that
engulfed our globe leaving historical myths passed down verbally
through the generations by EVERY existing nation.

Doesn't the Bible state ""YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN EYES FOR WHICH TO SEE!"!"

That being said - I'll watch the movie; good entertainment
it will provide.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well another as the bible has said that water came from the ground up! ??
and actually what was the last ice age? 22,000 12,000 8,000 year ago!! Glaciers Broke melted Within say Volcanoes erupting ? hot springs melting within over time ? Who knows Wild Guess till a Natural levee breaks ! causing a Flood ?

Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened, Says Robert Ballard
Dec. 10, 2012
abcnews.go.com...

Now Ballard is using even more advanced robotic technology to travel farther back in time. He is on a marine archeological mission that might support the story of Noah. He said some 12,000 years ago, much of the world was covered in ice.

"Where I live in Connecticut was ice a mile above my house, all the way back to the North Pole, about 15 million kilometers, that's a big ice cube," he said. "But then it started to melt. We're talking about the floods of our living history."

The water from the melting glaciers began to rush toward the world's oceans, Ballard said, causing floods all around the world.

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard said.

According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path.

Fascinated by the idea, Ballard and his team decided to investigate.

"We went in there to look for the flood," he said. "Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed... The land that went under stayed under."

Four hundred feet below the surface, they unearthed an ancient shoreline, proof to Ballard that a catastrophic event did happen in the Black Sea. By carbon dating shells found along the shoreline, Ballard said he believes they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event, which he estimates happened around 5,000 BC. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
@Wolfenz -

Here's another hypothesis for the flood -

Global warming.

The ice at the poles melted and lifted thereby releasing in a rush
all the water it was holding in it's below sea level ice damn causing
a world wide tsunami.

No, I have no evidence.. just theory - but according to science,
a plausible theory!

Thank you for your intelligence 'Wolfenz'.

The Bible states " We are in His image".
IMAGE - we have His appearance.
"We are in his likeness"
LIKENESS - we have His intelligence.

This is misunderstood by religions so they
willingly forfeit their intelligence.

Glad to see you understand this ideology my friend!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can believe what ever you want. I will do the same. God bless.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

For some reason, and I'm not sure why, people who don't believe in God, equate belief in God as a counter-attack to logic and reason. I assure you, this is not the case... Belief in God is belief in logic. But, how can anyone say that the ways of the world are nothing but logical? Only God would be able to see the logic of the world we live in, while we're still grasping at straws for cosmic knowledge or 'logic'. Yes, the World definitely (appears) to follow natural, logical laws. But is it really and truly logical for gravity to act at 9.81N? Why is it measured that way in the first place? Is that because of pure logic or is that because it was created by us as an answer to a question?
That's the way I see it. I believe in a grand 'architect' because all architecture is a result of asking a question (Will it work? for example) and finding the answer by creating it. But it can't be created unless you follow the logic inherent within the drafts. So yes, God, if he exists, definitely designed science, or, maybe it's even possible that God, though he exists and though he created the Universe, is still adherent to some geometric principles which make him 'all-powerful' in a sense but not omnipotent - because he cannot 'create' geometric laws or change the actual logic behind the geometric principles.

I'm just ruminating on this, it's interesting to think about.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

You make a valid point. However, the belief in god is not the same as the belief in written text allocating gods words to set parameters.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I surely will not go out and pay to watch these spectacles....

i remind the fervent religious Torah person that Christians, Hindi, Muslims, Shintos', Spirituaists, Mormons, et al:

"Goyim (gentiles, non-Jews) were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world - only to serve the People of Israel. Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat. That is why gentiles were created."

-Rabbi Ovadia Yosef 2010

lets see how they play that paradigm in the pop-culture oriented movie....

BTW NH (Noah) was a tale taken directly (plagerized) from the Epic Tale of Gilgamesh which foreshadowded Noah by 1,000 years

see:

Epic of Gilgamesh - Academy for Ancient Texts
www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/

The Epic of Gilgamesh is, perhaps, the oldest written story on Earth. It comes to
us from Ancient Sumeria, and was originally written on 12 clay tablets in ...

edit on 30-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfDestruction

How can any one Understand God period, we are talking about a supposed creator of the universe...THE UNIVERSE, and we as humans can't even get basic physics right half the time. There is one God for three of most influential religions in the western world, and none of them get along, but each claim to know what God wants of you better than any one else, I think we just don't know enough or could possibly understand this universal God with the human brain at this time in its evolution...and yes I said EVOLUTION because nothing in life stands still and life is ever changing.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's my theory on Noah's flood.. It didn't happen.
There is no way he could have gotten two of every animal into the ark. And if god helped then god should have built the boat himself. He gave us free will then wiped us out because he didn't like the results. Sorry, but for me there are way to many holes in the bible to take it seriously..

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Sorry, but for me there are way to many holes in the bible to take it seriously..

Right...coming from the regurgitated post above I'd say YOU can't be taken seriously; as a matter of fact most of the posts on this thread suck ass.

Member Edit - Thread Closed due to lack of insight, originality and just plain boredom

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Here's my theory on Noah's flood.. It didn't happen.
There is no way he could have gotten two of every animal into the ark. And if god helped then god should have built the boat himself. He gave us free will then wiped us out because he didn't like the results. Sorry, but for me there are way to many holes in the bible to take it seriously..

see my previous post NOAH wasn't the only one that built an ark .. from legends around the world ...

I guess different Angels Spread the Holy BOOK like the one Noah had around the planet .. just guessing .. if you relook Noah and his sons did not take every species in the planet .. 32 32 I assume he only took what was around his area ... and I'm guessing others like Noah did the same ... just saying... that would make more sense

edit on 1-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I thought they made this movie in Hollywood. Wasn't as big budget as this new one, but still the same premiss.

Not such a great movie.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
As soon as there is a 'knower' (Noah) there appears to be the 'known' - this makes two. This is just a story of the beginning of the illusion of twoness - separateness.
Many stories in the bible are referring to when the one seemed to be divided into two.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

facelift
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Sorry, but for me there are way to many holes in the bible to take it seriously..

Right...coming from the regurgitated post above I'd say YOU can't be taken seriously; as a matter of fact most of the posts on this thread suck ass.

Member Edit - Thread Closed due to lack of insight, originality and just plain boredom

Ok smart guy,, just take your ball and go home! A discussion on (FAITH) can't be proven one way or the other so disregarding the thoughts of others prove's that you suck ass.. Next time you don't like the direction of a thread do us all a favor and just leave it.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randyvs said:
"Was there a ban on the Bible for this day and age ? How is Noah restricted from this age?
And unless you can give me a better account of existence and consciousness,
how can you be so confident in your negativity ? You can't possibly be that confident
in what you think you know, Give us your thoughts ? I can't wait."

I meant in this "day and age" of modern science, and a presumably educated population. I don't have to give you a "better" account of existence and consciousness to know that the Noah story is complete and utter bu**s**t meant for young children and adults with weak minds. You see, the Noah story is physically and logistically IMPOSSIBLE (and not even original to the bible). Sprinkling Holy Spirit "fairy dust" on the Noah story, or claiming that "god is god and can do whatever he wants" does not make it "real."

I don't believe in banning books, but if I did, the bible would be a good place to start.

Anyone who would let an innocent man die for their sins isn't worth saving.

Btw, in order to avoid confusion, I'm not mocking your so-called "god." I'm mocking YOU for believing it.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

OK OK How about this one !!

AS Worlds Collide

Well a Spaceship Ark going to another Planet ...

AS a Rouge Star with a Planet and Moon Goes Astray and enters Our Solar system and its Moon from the Calculations of Scientist around the World Will hit our Planet

Hmm a Interesting Note ............................

Zachariah Stichen has said about a Rouge Planet Nibiru and Moon Tiamat ? Hit Earth..

From Ancient Sumerian Txt ENKI ENILL let alone the ANUNNAKI Wars.. much like the Angels Wars in the Bible..

When Worlds Collide
en.wikipedia.org...

When Worlds Collide is a 1933 science fiction novel co-written by Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer; they both also co-authored the sequel After Worlds Collide (1934). It was first published as a six-part monthly serial (September 1932-February 1933) in Blue Book magazine, illustrated by Joseph Franké.

Sven Bronson, a South African astronomer, discovers that a pair of rogue planets, Bronson Alpha and Bronson Beta, will soon enter the solar system. The larger one, Alpha, will pass close enough to cause catastrophic damage. Eight months later, after swinging around the Sun, Alpha will return to pulverize the Earth and leave. It is believed that Bronson Beta will remain and assume a stable orbit.
Scientists led by Cole Hendron work desperately to build ships to transport enough people, animals and equipment to Bronson Beta in an attempt to save the human race. Governments are skeptical, but the scientists persist and develop the technology necessary for the spacecraft, which are built in various countries. Nations including the United States evacuate their coastal regions in preparation for the Bronson bodies' first pass. Tidal waves reach heights of hundreds of meters, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes take their deadly toll, and the weather runs wild for more than two days. As a token of things to come, Bronson Alpha's first pass takes out the Moon.

When Worlds Collide (1951 film)
en.wikipedia.org...(1951_film)

Tho Stichen was only 12 year old when the Scifi BOOK came Out when world collide which was published in 1932 !!!! and later finds about the Ancient Sumerians telling about a similar tale HMM ??? Tho I Doubt This Book was Shown in Azerbaijani!! when Stitchen was From..

I Like the Tale. just in Reverse in Stichens Theoretical Tale from Sumerian Tablets and Cylinder Scrolls
that they came to this planet from a Rouge planet and in Author Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer We got off our planet onto a Stabilized Rouge planet that Replace Earths location ..

Now Question is!!! is there existence of Rouge planets and Stars!! >? Ya Betcha!! there is

Rogue planet
en.wikipedia.org...

Astronomers Have Spotted The Closest Ever Planet Floating Without A Star

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
www.businessinsider.com...

Rogue planet spied floating in space without a star
Some planets dare to be different. Astronomers have found a young planet that's not orbiting a host star.
by Amanda Kooser October 10, 2013 9:35 AM PDT
news.cnet.com...

www.weather.com...

What is a Rogue Planet?
www.weather.com...

Now Could this Happened say 10,0000 + - YEARS AGO that just got near the earth Causing destruction and the flood ! Maybe and passed? Sure Why Not!! ..

What People dont realize is !! there two Other Galaxies that is merging into the Milky Way!! and A rouge planet OR Star could of came off these Dwarf Galaxies When Planets and Stars Collide..

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Awesome post, Wolf, will go back and graze a little later. I never read the book, but picked up the WWC DVD a few years ago. B-movie, dated, naturally, but ahead of its time in more ways than one. A classic. In fact, not a bad watch here in NH on a cold, gray, cloudy mixed rain and snow day. Thanks for the effort.

edit on 1-12-2013 by MeTarzan because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

randyvs
Lately, the internet buzz among atheists would have it that, Christianity is doomed
with'in a generation or so. It's no news that atheists are of the many that seek
to ban religion and cleanse the world of all knowledge of a Creator God. Who might
exclusively, hold the rights to mankind and any and all Creation. Simply because of
his absence, from as far as I can tell.

I wouldn't ban any religious book. The result of me reading the bible was disbelief, and an unwillingness to follow the god it describes. I'm not a fan of that god. Maybe there is a creator but I hope that's not it. I don't fear people reading the bible, it's scary when you haven't been brainwashed into it from birth.

An absence that only came about as a result of our own, cowardly finger pointing
andchoosing to do everything, our own way. Before even trying to do anything Gods
way.Atheism, is the exact result we should see in mankind, the further he gets from
the time he had a relationship, with the Creator.God. Basically pointing first at his
woman and blaming her, Whereby those more poor in spirit, have simply become more
secular thru time ( Godless ). And then even pointing the finger of blame at God, for
the choices we made, a long time ago.

So it's our fault that this creator created us in a way that doesn't please him? I guess abandoning us is better than his past reaction to disappointment, which was nothing less than genocide.

This proves beyond any doubt we haven't learned a damn thing in all this time. Since
the time of the garden. Atheists today can give no account, nor ryhme no reason,
whyif mankind simply evolved ? Why he would evolve with a knowledge of a deity,
in his literary memory and culture. They dream of a day God will be completely forgotten.
Blame God, burn anything that even looks like a communication from him, but don't
believe in him ?

Prove that we evolved with a knowledge of a deity. I don't remember being born with that knowledge, I remember being taught about it, I remember being told that disbelief meant a whole lot of suffering in fiery pits, but never felt it was something I was born with.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i have said this before and say it again. i have issues with the story of noah and the flood. first off, the ark is supposedly on mt. ararat. that is almost 17,000 feet high. that is a LOT of water! where did it all go?

supposedly all man kind are descended from noah and his sons, right? the only people spared were noah, his sons, and their wives. so, noah had an asian looking son, an african looking son, a son resembling american natives etc.....? and if so, where are the records of their migrations to asia, africa, australia, (that's a big one!) and america? after all, some one some where should have wrote down their experiences of their travels.

and finally, we are all descended from good old fashioned country lovin" as first cousin had to marry first cousin in order to repopulate the earth. there probably was brother and sister action happening as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join