It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The OP thinks he has to believe every single word in the bible is infallible

Fly why do ask any questions at all, when you seem to know it all before hand anyway.

Anyway you may be completely wrong about this one. I think OP may be just
like you. He doesn't think he has to believe anything. But unlike you he chooses
to do so. Yes he does believe the OT is part of the Bible for a reason. And he does
take it as Gods word over any of the crap anyone says. See you don't matter at all
compared to God. See people who go up against the Bible, just don't seem very bright to
me. And like wise I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Akragon

Dude... I didn't say you said that

Im saying what the other poster said is fantasy, just like noah and the ark story...

Yes I answered a posters question about my personal opinion on how something like Noah's flood as recorded in scripture could have been brought about; your opinion of my logic is fantasy, no need to lump Randy in with my guess that was never intended to be accepted by anyone in this thread as correct at this time, as mentioned at least half a dozen times.

Just because its in the bible doesn't mean Christians have to believe it...

Yes, a christian begotten of the spirit of God does have to believe every word that God otters. Or else he will be cut off from the continual flow of God's spirit into their minds leading to sin.

MATT 17-19
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets (Old Testament). I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments (Old Testament), and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does (keeps the Old Testament laws) and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

This is a quote from Jesus Christ himself on the mount of olives declaring in easy to understand language that not one jot or tittle will pass away from the old testament law until heaven and Earth pass away and all things have been fulfilled.

Jesus Christ himself kept the old testament law while living a perfect life on earth as an example, we who follow Christ should also do so (let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus).

First off, it isn't even your book... Its the Hebrew bible, so unless you're part of that religion you don't NEED to believe its "the word of God"

It is God's Bible, The Almighty Creator God of Heaven and Earth. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. The God of David, and the Father of Jesus Christ. There is one God and His plan and purpose for the creation of mankind is explained in the entirety of the Holy Bible (Old and New Testaments).

Secondly IF you do believe these stories, then you must also admit to the fact that God is a ruthless tyrant... because it is written in those books... Proof positive said God is not the same as the Father of Jesus

You pretend to know the God of the old testament and you place judgement upon that which you do not understand.

God had a very specific purpose in how and why He worked with the physical nation of Israel in ancient times in the manner He determined in perfection. This current age is not the age for the salvation of the vast majority of mankind, that time is in the ages to follow; if a christian kept the laws of God, specifically the Sabbaths (annual and weekly), they would learn the plan and purpose for our creation, but they reject the "old testament" laws by placing themselves above God and judging Him to be "tyrannical" in human ignorance.

"The punishment for sin is death" - recorded over 40 times in scripture
"Sin is the transgression of God's eternal laws" - recorded over 40 times in scripture

Who are you to judge a God who executes righteous judgement towards sinners, in whatever manner He determines, in whatever age He determines it to be accomplished?

Once you know why you were created, What God's plan is for the salvation of all mankind through the Passover sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and why God worked with a physical nation in ancient times to teach powerful spiritual lesson to future generations you will praise and glorify the God of the "Old Testament" for his perfection in thinking.

Of course at this time, you are not interested in God's truth, but rather your personal judgement against it, in vanity.

Whether this so called god is real, I don't know... IF the OT God is a real entity it can not be the Father of Jesus...

The NT Says God is love... That God is Hate, jealousy... wrath, deceit...

There is a reason they call it the OLD Testament... and a reason there was a need for a NEW Testament

So Jesus Christ is a liar?

His own words say he is the son of the Creator (Yahweh) Almighty (El Shadai) God (Elohim). The same God of David.

What needs to be understood by Christians at this time is that God worked with mankind differently before the Passover sacrifice was accomplished (Jesus Christ's death), then He does presently after such a fulfillment.

Before Jesus Christ's death, God could not dwell in, live in, abide in, continue in the minds of His "called out ones" (ecclesia) (John 14); mankind could not be forgiven of their sins in the same manner they can now after the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, for it is through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that sins can be forgiven.

God worked externally and physically with ancient Israel, as recorded in the Old Testament, to teach spiritual concepts to those who would enter into fellowship with God's spirit after the establishment of the Church of God on Pentecost 31AD, a time when God would begin to work internally (spiritually) in those called out of the present age.

Death is not the end for the potential for salvation, it is half-time; the deaths ordered by God in the Old Testament executed by ancient Israel physically were of sinners whose death was merciful to their minds in the long run; for by a lifetime of sin can a mind become set against the will of God (anti-Christ). The remainder of each individual mind's journey from physical to spiritual occurs at a later time in God's plan, as revealed through the entirety of the Holy Bible; which modern Christians ignore half of.

When God gives mankind 6000 years to do and believe "what seems right to them", and by nature "what seems right to us" is selfish, carnal and sinful; it can be merciful to cut short that life in order to save it in an age to come before the mind can become set against God.

Death is not "bad" when you control life and death as Almighty God does; it is only considered "bad" by human reasoning and "what seems right to man".

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Death is not "bad" when you control life and death as Almighty God does; it is only considered "bad" by human reasoning and "what seems right to man".

Said the spider to the fly; the serial killer to his victim..........

This is why religion and ubber religious people are soooooo dangerous!

Tsk tsk......

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Oh dear... so much I could say...

but i'll be brief... as much as I can

lets see...

Yes, a christian begotten of the spirit of God does have to believe every word that God otters.

I don't recall anything about a "God otter"... perhaps you might point out that passage LOL

All jokes aside... The OT isn't God, its man... You've been misled my friend

This is a quote from Jesus Christ himself on the mount of olives declaring in easy to understand language that not one jot or tittle will pass away from the old testament law until heaven and Earth pass away and all things have been fulfilled.

He wasn't talking about the laws of Moses... He was talking about the Law of love...

IF He was talking about the laws of moses he would have followed them to the letter, but he did not... he broke the rules and even changed them

Jesus Christ himself kept the old testament law while living a perfect life on earth as an example, we who follow Christ should also do so

No he did not... You should actually read what he said as opposed to assuming he followed these laws because someone told you he did

It is God's Bible, The Almighty Creator God of Heaven and Earth. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. The God of David, and the Father of Jesus Christ. There is one God and His plan and purpose for the creation of mankind is explained in the entirety of the Holy Bible (Old and New Testaments).

Nope... every page... every letter was written by men... and the OT was written by men with agendas

God had a very specific purpose in how and why He worked with the physical nation of Israel in ancient times in the manner He determined in perfection. This current age is not the age for the salvation of the vast majority of mankind, that time is in the ages to follow; if a christian kept the laws of God, specifically the Sabbaths (annual and weekly), they would learn the plan and purpose for our creation, but they reject the "old testament" laws by placing themselves above God and judging Him to be "tyrannical" in human ignorance.

"The punishment for sin is death" - recorded over 40 times in scripture
"Sin is the transgression of God's eternal laws" - recorded over 40 times in scripture

You know preaching is against the rules here right?

Who are you to judge a God who executes righteous judgement towards sinners, in whatever manner He determines, in whatever age He determines it to be accomplished?

I am who I am... And I am free to judge the words of men... and Whether they are to be followed or not...

Once you know why you were created, What God's plan is for the salvation of all mankind through the Passover sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and why God worked with a physical nation in ancient times to teach powerful spiritual lesson to future generations you will praise and glorify the God of the "Old Testament" for his perfection in thinking.

And told that nation to go and slaughter men women and children... conquer and pillage... even rape innocent people...

Ya... some righteous god

Of course at this time, you are not interested in God's truth, but rather your personal judgement against it, in vanity.

His own words say he is the son of the Creator (Yahweh) Almighty (El Shadai) God (Elohim). The same God of David

This coming from the person who uses "Elohim" the soo called name of God, or at least one of them in his Avatar name... Vainly I might add...

What needs to be understood by Christians at this time is that God worked with mankind differently before the Passover sacrifice was accomplished (Jesus Christ's death), then He does presently after such a fulfillment.

Before Jesus Christ's death, God could not dwell in, live in, abide in, continue in the minds of His "called out ones" (ecclesia) (John 14); mankind could not be forgiven of their sins in the same manner they can now after the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, for it is through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that sins can be forgiven.

God worked externally and physically with ancient Israel, as recorded in the Old Testament, to teach spiritual concepts to those who would enter into fellowship with God's spirit after the establishment of the Church of God on Pentecost 31AD, a time when God would begin to work internally (spiritually) in those called out of the present age.

Death is not the end for the potential for salvation, it is half-time; the deaths ordered by God in the Old Testament executed by ancient Israel physically were of sinners whose death was merciful to their minds in the long run; for by a lifetime of sin can a mind become set against the will of God (anti-Christ). The remainder of each individual mind's journey from physical to spiritual occurs at a later time in God's plan, as revealed through the entirety of the Holy Bible; which modern Christians ignore half of.

Again... preaching is against the rules on this forum

Just so you know

God Bless,

I have never once said that death is bad...

You are quite confused, but so is most of your religion so... that's life I suppose

Nice chattin with ya though...

edit on 25-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I bet Otter Jesus was adorable. Heck I'd watch him, even if his sermon just consisted of him floating there cracking open abalone shells..

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again... preaching is against the rules on this forum Just so you know

That doesn't seem to stop you, my friend.

And told that nation to go and slaughter men women and children... conquer and pillage... even rape innocent people

BTW

What is your stand on abortion?
edit on 29-3-2014 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

To all you self righteous God haters.

God sees the past and the future, according to the story. He could see what these people were and what they would become.

But we cannot see the future.

Yet judgement is rendered on unborn children on a daily basis, mostly by self centered human beings.

You weep for men, women and children in a "fantasy" story.

Even if they did exist, they would still be long dead, had God not passed judgement.

A flood is occurring now,

A flood of human greed, lust and irresponsibility that has washed away an estimated 50 million victims........

I guess they had it comin'

edit on 30-3-2014 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There's a book: "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross".
Also, on the mountain there is a type of granite known as 'Graphic granite' where the crystals look sort of like Hebrew characters...if one is under the influence of a psychoactive substance and sees rocks with what appear to be Hebrew 'letters' then it's not too much of a stretch to assume that this is what spurred a 'revelation'.

It's not about 'god' or atheism.

It's about people assuming power under false pretenses.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

dusty1
reply to post by Akragon

Again... preaching is against the rules on this forum Just so you know

That doesn't seem to stop you, my friend.

And told that nation to go and slaughter men women and children... conquer and pillage... even rape innocent people

BTW

edit on 29-3-2014 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

there is a vast difference between posting a passage from the bible, and going into a three paragraph explanation on your personal theology and why its right...

And if you want to know my stance on abortion, make a thread about it...

This is not the place for it as that would be rather off topic, and this thread drifts on that edge already

(post by dusty1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

dusty1

I'm not a god hater, i just don't believe in her...

I'm pro choice.

My ex wife had an abortion. It was a medical issue and not an easy choice, but ultimately the right one, for us...not for some judging arse to make a remark about.

What about if the woman was raped and became pregnant. You'd actually want to condemn her to have her rapists child? I find that abhorrent.

We obviously aren't going to agree on this issue, but you have my thoughts.

Let's get back on topic eh?

edit on 30-3-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

My ex wife had an abortion. It was a medical issue and not an easy choice, but ultimately the right one, for us...not for some judging arse to make a remark about.

I'm sorry you and your ex wife faced that situation. I mean no disrespect to you, and yours. I am not your judge.

But now, you have neither your wife, nor your child.

People can only make the best decision they can, at the time.

Humans cannot undo the past. But with God all things are possible.

At a future time, in another place, God may give you, your wife, and your child, brother.

What about if the woman was raped and became pregnant. You'd actually want to condemn her to have her rapists child? I find that abhorrent.

I would be for the killing of the rapist.

Would the child become like his rapist father, or his innocent mother?

God only knows.

If the child would grow up to be evil, his premature death would be preferable.

If the child grew up to be innocent and kind, perhaps becoming a great leader, a doctor or scientist who benefited humanity, it's premature death would be a tragedy.

I believe this is all relevant to the story of Noah and God's judgement........

edit on 30-3-2014 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And if you want to know my stance on abortion, make a thread about it... This is not the place for it as that would be rather off topic, and this thread drifts on that edge already

Let me try my response again.

I think the pro choice topic is directly relevant to this discussion of God's judgement.

God has the right to choose.

I think you have come up against a line of reasoning that you have not heard before, and are unwilling to engage.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

dusty1

I don't have a vagina, therefore I can't have an abortion. What someone else does is none of my business and I'm in no position to pass judgment on them.

God sees the past and the future, according to the story. He could see what these people were and what they would become.

then god should also be able to see that they are going to be aborted. he could opt to not imbue a soul into that fetus thus saving it from the inevitable. If hes really the loving god of the new testament then I don't see any reason for him to impose suffering on such an innocent. If we're talking OT God then he's a vengeful murdering maniac and anything goes so he may enjoy all that suffering

But we cannot see the future.

Yet judgement is rendered on unborn children on a daily basis, mostly by self centered human beings.

the only judging I see is from Christian's pontificating about gods will as if they can read his mind. Sorry, but the extremely devout religious folks seem to be more self centered than most non religious people I know. Their world view is the only way and if you're not living your life as they see fit they pass judgment left and right.

You weep for men, women and children in a "fantasy" story.

Even if they did exist, they would still be long dead, had God not passed judgement.

who's weeping for imaginary people that didn't die in a worldwide flood that never happened?

A flood is occurring now,

A flood of human greed, lust and irresponsibility that has washed away an estimated 50 million victims........

the only flood I see is a flood of irrational thought derailing things by dragging abortions into a discussion about Noah

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I don't have a vagina, therefore I can't have an abortion. What someone else does is none of my business and I'm in no position to pass judgment on them.

By that line of reasoning, you have never been God, so you can't pass judgement on His actions.

If we're talking OT God then he's a vengeful murdering maniac and anything goes so he may enjoy all that suffering

Sounds like you are judging.

He caused all life to come into existence before the Flood.

You apparently are the judge of what He enjoys.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi
I am a platypuss

mate

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just want to add
Saw the new movie "noah"
.... I wish I could have gotten my money back.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Danbones
Hi
I am a platypuss

mate

Hi platypus

I'm Mark Wahlberg, it's nice to meech you.

Say hi to your motha......

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

dusty1
reply to post by Akragon

And if you want to know my stance on abortion, make a thread about it... This is not the place for it as that would be rather off topic, and this thread drifts on that edge already

Let me try my response again.

I think the pro choice topic is directly relevant to this discussion of God's judgement.

God has the right to choose.

I think you have come up against a line of reasoning that you have not heard before, and are unwilling to engage.

What line of reasoning?

This topic is about noah.. Not abortion

Make your own thread about that topic... And try not to derail other peoples thread

And if you're going to reply to me with insults you'll get no response... Simple as that

edit on 30-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Creationism and the Platypus

The creationist explanation for this unusual distribution is that

"If [platypuses] were on the Ark they obviously swam and walked here from Mt. Ararat. This would have taken years, even centuries. The platypuses could have used any land bridges that existed between Asia and Australia as a result of the drastic lowering of sea level during the ice age subsequent to the flood." (Doolan, Mackay, Snelling, & Hallby, 1986)
Not only platypuses, but all the other marsupials and monotremes would be required to make the same journey, without leaving any evidence of it, either fossil or living, in Asia. Platypuses are, to put it mildly, not well adapted for trekking across Asia. At the same time as this remarkable mass migration of marsupials and monotremes took place, we are expected to believe that not a single placental mammal species from the rich fauna of Indonesia chose to cross these hypothetical land bridges, even though many Indonesian mammals are large and highly mobile. Finally geological evidence strongly indicates that there has never been any land bridge between Australia and Indonesia and the fact that the two countries have totally different faunas confirms it. Sea levels did lower during the ice ages, but never enough to connect Asia and Australia.

The other problem with this "explanation" is that it is ad hoc and explains nothing at all: no matter how animals are distributed, creationists can claim that they just happened to migrate to their existing locations. If a mass migration from Ararat had occurred, animals might be expected to be distributed at random; there is certainly no obvious reason to expect closely related animals to tend to be found in close proximity. By contrast, Darwin devoted two chapters of "The Origin of Species" to showing how the distribution of animals was consistent with an evolutionary history.

Continuing on from "They openly admit ... geographical distribution", Doolan et al. say:

"But then, all they had to go on until 1984 were two teeth, a jaw fragment, a hip- bone from the deserts of north-eastern South Australia, and a skull from north- western Queensland, over 1,200 kilometers [750 miles] away. Evolutionists said these fossil platypus fragments weren't useful, since they were merely 15 million years old."
Doolan et al. appear to be a bit confused here. The skull mentioned above must be the Riversleigh skull, which was found in 1985, after the fossil they are about to introduce, and is a much more complete and informative fossil (although not nearly as old).

"In 1984, however, a platypus jaw with three large teeth was found among a collection of opalised bones at Lightning Ridge in northern New South Wales, and pronounced to be at least 110 million years old. Naturally, evolutionist scientists were excited. It seemed that they had now established the platypus's great antiquity. Before that discovery, they believed no land mammal had been found in Australia in sediments dated older than 23 million years."

www.talkorigins.org...

yep, pops sure does look well preserved... good make up job i guess

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join