It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My take on the bible is that it's already been corrupted by men. Take Constantine for example. Then take that a lot of the old testament is just a recorded history of myths and legends. Some obviously borrowed from the Sumerians. Then Take Paul. Who the hell is this guy to put himself in a higher position in the Christian Church than Jesus? So much Ego there. Then take all the books they...whomever they were...discarded ...some we know from other sources and some we will never know. It gives us a weird poorly put together tome.

The Old Testament is full of horrible stories of Death and destruction and a vengeful hateful God. The story of Noah is just one...Lot is another ...Job is another and so on and so on. It's just not a good book.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

amazing
But what about the Kangaroos?

2nd line.

Animals as well as people (divided by languages) were re-located after the fall of the tower of Babel to the land God allocated as their inheritance, by Noah (maps of the ancient sea kings).

Kangaroo's were brought to Australia at that time, under the oversight of Noah, just prior to his death 350 years after the flood.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Ah! Now you're going deep into Randy.
If I told you, you would only critisize as you have done
most fervantly thru out.

This is where the pearls to swine must be considered
altho be it. I really don't consider you to be swine.
A bit misguided perhaps by the present world but the
world changes. As you have noticed. And will change again
shortly in the respects of time. All your knowledge is very
frail shot. I believe the amnesia we have as a species accounts
big time for a world wide cataclysm. Just like the Bible describes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

ElohimJD
Kangaroo's were brought to Australia at that time, under the oversight of Noah, just prior to his death 350 years after the flood.

1 - Noah didn't know anything about Australia. No one from that part of the world in 4300 bc would.
2 - He would have had to build another boat and float around the world delivering animals
3 - 16,000,000 animals would have to have been on the ark .. plus a years worth of food .. plus a years worth of fresh water. Obviously it couldn't have fit.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Care to elaborate then or do we just have to have faith that whatever you said is correct?

I am not interested in winning your faith in my thoughts.

I am just a man, using human reasoning; it is God's word where faith has benefit; God's word where faith in correctness lies.

My opinion (using human reasoning) is:

The arrival of Earth's moon occurred at the time of Noah's flood. Using the NASA data discovered in the "deep impact" probe I had thought it possible that the moon itself could have supplied the water vapor in the Earth's atmosphere that resulted in the 40 days and nights of global rain.

From Deep Impact we learned that solar wind coming from the sun in the inner solar system, when electron sharing occurs as a result of solar wind hitting crystalline silicates, can be considered responsible for the water vapor comet tail. My thoughts, which are simply thoughts not assumed correct, was the moon was captured by the Earth at the time of Noah's flood. The moon acting as a large Electric comet came into connect with the suns solar wind and the water vapor began to "flood" the Earth atmosphere, gravity brought those molecules to the Earth's surface for 40 days and 40 nights. That is how long it took the moon to exhaust it's supply of crystalline silicates. Once the material was exhausted the rain stopped.

The arrival of the moon, would have slowed down Earth's rotation, as any large mass object would do. My opinion is that the cause for the elongated life spans pre-flood is the strength of Earth's electromagnetic field prior to the arrival of the moon. The slowing down of the Earth's spin, would have reduced the Earth's EMF strength, allowing more solar radiation to reach the Earth's surface; this would accelerate the decay of organics, as well as create higher frequency mutations in DNA (creating an array of genetic diversity from only a few genetic sources).

It would also have created massive pressure on the Earth's crust, pressing down until the "pushback" and stabilizing forces found equilibrium (law of attraction). In the story of Noah, much water came up from the ground, and not all came from above. The layer under the Earth's crust a few kilometer's down is rich in water and hydro-carbons. This pressure from the arrival of the moon would also force water up from beneath the surface very quickly, and would cause land to drop in elevation (Atlantis), filling the area vacated by water. As the moon and Earth fight for equilibrium in attraction, the crust slowly raised back up (flood waters receded).

We have historical records from both sides of the Atlantic that there was mankind on the Earth prior to the moon being in the sky.

It is my opinion (not expected to be thought of as correct) the arrival of the moon caused the flood of Noah, destroyed the old EMF (and subsequent atmosphere) of the Earth, shortened the life expectancy of organic life by 90%, forced water up from below the surface of the planet (like a sponge pressed down), and created 40 days of rain due to the comet tail (water vapor) interacting with our atmosphere. It took over a year for the two massive bodies to find the push/pull equilibrium and proper distance for homeostasis, and as the two bodies moved away from each other the flood waters receded.

This opinion can be harmonious with Genesis 1, by understanding the "lesser light(s)" spoken of on the 4th day, are "stars" and not the "moon". It is also important to understand billions of years passed between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, so the know calculated age of the universe is fairly accurate.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

randyvs
From cover to cover it is the word of God.

No it's not.

Doesn't need to be proven.

When parts can be disproven, then they are disproven.

You doubt a perfect God

That's absurd.

If your Old Testament mythology is the 'Word of God' ... then God is a liar because portions of it have been proven not to be true.

By your logic, God must have written the Qu'ran as well. Afterall, the Quran says that it was from God so it must be true, right?

Still waiting ... address the mathematical numbers ... why are there so many people on this planet, and in such ethnic diversity, if we all supposedly came from 6 reproducing pair of humans from 4300 bc?? (which is impossible)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Noah didn't know anything about Australia. No one from that part of the world in 4300 bc would.

I don't even understand the beginnings of you being able to say such things.
You're perposterous.

then God is a liar

I'm so sorry, but no Christian would dream of writing such BS.
edit on Rpm32114v422014u27 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

ElohimJD
the arrival of the moon caused the flood of Noah,

Noahs Ark was supposedly 4300 bc. Everything would have died on the planet if it happened.

- So why are there 80,000 year old trees still alive in the desert S.W. of America?
- So why are there 100,000 year old coral reefs undisturbed in the oceans?
- So where did all the people on the planet come from? The number of people alive today couldn't come from 3 pair of reproducing humans from 4300 bc.

There was no flood.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Who cares about all the things that would have to line up AFTER the flood ended like population density and such when the dimensions of the ark are GIVEN in the bible and when constructed by skilled shipwrights, the ark falls apart when put in water? We can actually reconstruct the ark that is said to have been built by a sheepherder (read: NOT a shipwright of any sort) and engineering, math, and physics literally make that structure a physical impossibility to EVER function as a boat for a long period of time. It doesn't matter what randy says about science coming around to a flood happening, the very dimensions of the ark given in the bible make the story an impossibility. That isn't science either, it's just straight up engineering and math.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

Measurements given to Noah were in ancient cubits (unknown).

We see cubits make there appearance in the construction of the Pyramids and Solomon's temple after the flood with definite lengths (modern cubit).

The assumption being made by your sources is that an ancient cubit is the same length as a modern cubit.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

randyvs
I don't even understand the beginnings of you being able to say such things.
You're perposterous.

You've got to be trolling or something ... seriously ....
NO ONE from Noahs time in that part of the world knew about Australia.
The didnt' know about North America or South America or Antarctica.
They had no globe. They thought the world was flat.
Hell ... they thought thunder was the Gods getting angry.

Get real ...
Noah didn't go floating around the planet delivering animals to different parts of the world.
Use your brains.
There wouldn't have been any trees left alive for them to build a boat with.
And he didn't have navigation equipment. He didn't have knowledge of the world.
He didn't have knowledge of reading the stars to travel by sea with.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Noahs Ark was supposedly 4300 bc.

Suppossedly according to what?

link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Ok that is fine reasoning, but it still doesn't change the fact that wooden boats bigger than a certain size are structurally unsound. The wooden boats that are structurally sound don't have the space to house 2 of every animal in a certain region, let alone the whole world. So even if your argument were to be correct and the ancient cubit is different than the one in my example, the boat is STILL unfeasible.

link   

The darn thing could have been the size of an air craft carrier and it still wouldn't have been big enough to fit 16,000,000 critters, plus a years worth of food for each, plus fresh water for each for a year.

And Noah couldn't have built something that big anyways. It's not possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The "Arrival" of earths moon?

you can't be serious...

That isn't human reasoning... that's completely absurd

Even Genesis says God created the moon in the first chapter... Before adam...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You've got to be trolling or something ... seriously ....
NO ONE from Noahs time in

Accuse as you will. It will only deepen my convictions.

The OT for tells the coming of Christ and therefore is completely valid.
edit on Rpm32114v48201400000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

randyvs

The bible. If it's the exact word of God as you claim, then the flood would have been 4300 bc.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

ElohimJD
Measurements given to Noah were in ancient cubits (unknown).

Measurements
Noahs Ark basic info

God gives Noah detailed instructions for building the ark: it is to be of gopher wood, smeared inside and out with pitch, with three decks and internal compartments; it will be 300 cubits long (137.16 m, 450 ft), 50 wide (22.86 m, 75 ft), and 30 high (13.716 m, 45 ft); it will have a roof "finished to a cubit upward"; and an entrance on the side.

We do indeed know what a cubit size is.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

FlyersFan

randyvs

The bible. If it's the exact word of God as you claim, then the flood would have been 4300 bc.

I have my doubts.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wow, where did you get those ideas from? There is quite likely zero chance that any of it is true, but wow none the less. For instance, life couldn't have evolved if it only appeared in Earth's orbit 5000 or so years ago. Since the Noah's flood myth happens after humans appeared on the planet (since it involves humans and all), that means that before that myth occurred, there wasn't a moon in the sky. That is absurd, I don't see any ancient texts describing a moonless sky suddenly being moon filled all of a sudden. But hey, don't leave it to me to tell you that you are wrong, here let science do it for you:

If We Had No Moon

If you would take away the Moon suddenly, it would change the global altitude of the ocean. Right now there is a distortion which is elongated around the equator, so if we didn’t have this effect, suddenly a lot of water would be redistributed toward the polar regions.

The Moon has been a stabilizing factor for the axis of rotation of the Earth. If you look at Mars, for instance, that planet has wobbled quite dramatically on its axis over time due to the gravitational influence of all the other planets in the solar system. Because of this obliquity change, the ice that is now at the poles on Mars would sometimes drift to the equator. But the Earth’s moon has helped stabilize our planet so that its axis of rotation stays in the same direction. For this reason, we had much less climatic change than if the Earth had been alone. And this has changed the way life evolved on Earth, allowing for the emergence of more complex multi-cellular organisms compared to a planet where drastic climatic change would allow only small, robust organisms to survive.

The Moon has influenced biology in other ways as well. For species living near the coast, the tide is an important factor. When you look at the shorelines, you can recognize different layers of organisms that have adapted to the salt water conditions based on the ebb and flow of the tide.

The eyesight of many mammals is sensitive to moonlight. The level of adaptation of night vision would be very different without the Moon. Many of these species have evolved in such a way that their night vision could work in even partial lunar illumination, because that’s when they are most active. But they can be more subjected to predators, too, so there is a balance between your ability to see and your ability not to be seen. The Moon has completely changed evolution in that aspect.

Human vision is so sensitive that we are almost able to work by the light of the Milky Way. The full Moon has more light than we need to see at night. For most of our history, we were hunting and fishing or doing agriculture, and we organized our lives by using the Moon. It determined the time for hunting, or the time where we could harvest. That’s why most of our calendars are based on the Moon.

Life literally started and evolved thanks to the moon. The idea that it appeared in our skies several millenia ago is completely wrong.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

randyvs
I'm so sorry, but no Christian would dream of writing such BS.

Then if God isn't a liar ... it's proof that He didn't write Noahs Ark ... because the story is a proven fake.

Pick one - God always tells the truth and therefore the Noahs Ark story was just made up by men claiming it came from God ...

or

The Noahs Ark story came from God and so he's obviously a liar because the story has been proven fake.

Pick one.

I pick ... God always tells the truth, and therefore the Noahs Ark story (which has been proven false) obviously isn't from God but was written by men claiming to speak for God ... when they clearly were not.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join