It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If I write a story about," the old man and the sea" does that make
it the old mans story? Perhaps the story belongs to the sea ? No it's
the authors story. We must be maticulous when it comes to text.
edit on Rpm32014v432014u50 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

If I write a story about," the old man and the sea" does that make
it the old mans story? Perhaps the story belongs to the sea ? No it's
the authors story. We must be maticulous when it comes to text.
edit on Rpm32014v432014u50 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

you just arguing semantics... And besides that Moses didn't write those books either.

The OT was compiled waaaaaay after Moses died... Moses is alleged to have written them

But theres absolutely no proof of his authorship of any of the books of the bible

So you can nit pick words all you like... but if you must be Maticulous... when it comes to texts, you literally have nothing

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well ok the only other source is God and semantics is hardly
the case here.So BIOYA.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

Well ok the only other source is God and semantics is hardly
the case here.So BIOYA.

Dude...

Man wrote the book.... every page in the book for that matter.

And you're completely arguing sematics... I've been on this forum for almost four years... From what you know of me do you really... HONESTLY believe I meant Noah wrote the story... as if I have no clue what the bible is about?

Give me a break man...

Boiya yourself... whatever that means

You Christians never cease to amaze me... geez

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

randyvs
But you make the mistake of believing in facts that turn tail on a dime.

I believe in facts. Your mistake is believing in something that has been debunked.

The story Moses wrote down is the refreshed truth God had him write down.

Moses didn't write down anything. The story was written by the Hebrews around 500 BC. Moses supposedly lived 1400 BC. ALSO - it was a story that was stolen and reworded from the Summerian Giglamesh story. It's not even Hebrew.

It is Gods word.

No .. it's not. Just because it's in the Old Testament doesn't mean it's God's word.
It's human word. Written by Hebrew men ~500 bc. Transcribed poorly from Summerian stories.

It is scripture and all your facts do not nor ever will, add up to God.

Old testament stories were not supposed to be taken literally. And they don't add up to 'God'.

period

- The facts prove Noahs Ark didn't happen. Period.
- The Old Testament stories are fiction .. not the 'word of god'. Period.

Agree to disagree and be friends? I'm all for it.

I'm not getting personal. I"m just stating the truth.

edit on 3/20/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
But what about the Kangaroos?

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
we will ever know what ACTUALLY happened back then short of a time machine,

Science is our time machine. We have ice core samples that take us back past 4300 bc when Noahs Ark was supposed to happen. The ice core samples prove it didn't happen. We have living 100,000 year old coral reefs and 80,000 year old living trees. The fact that they are undisturbed and living mean that the flood didn't happen. Those are our 'time machines' back in time. And time machines take us there ... with no lies ... bold naked truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

amazing
But what about the Kangaroos?

Yep ... the animal distribution after the supposed 'flood' is wrong.
And they would have inbred and died anyways ... lack of DNA diversity.

Could Noahs' Ark Have Actually Happened?

(3) The distribution of animals is not what we would expect if there were a global flood killing all life. If all life was limited to the top of a mountain in the Middle East in 2350 B.C., then how to explain the distribution of animals across the world? All the kangaroos on the Ark went to Australia? How did the animals get to the Americas? If they crossed via an ice-bridge in the Bering Strait, then the Americas should be limited to animals that are warm blooded and capable of traveling hundreds of miles across snow. This means no reptiles, no spiders, etc. Yet, the Amazon contains a wide variety of animal biodiversity. And why didn’t American desert animals stay behind in the deserts of the Old World? (See related post: “Creationism versus Animal Biodiversity”)

Creationism vs Biodiversity

Additionally, once the animals left the Ark, there are a lot of nearby regions they could inhabit, but didn’t. For example, all varieties of rattlesnakes are found in the Americas (33 species, and numerous subspecies). There are none in the Old World – despite the fact that there are regions similar to the American deserts – the Sahara, the Middle East, the Gobi Desert, etc. Llamas fit this same pattern – found in the New World, but not in the Old World. The Caucus (where the Ark supposedly landed) and Himalaya mountains have different species than the Rocky Mountains and Andes. Why didn’t some of the Rocky Mountain species stick around in the Caucus Mountains – they were already there the minute they stepped off the Ark. Similarly, the species in the South American tropics aren’t found in Old World tropics (Southeast Asia and Africa), and vice-versa. For example, New World cats and monkeys are different species than Old World cats and monkeys. Theoretically, with the movement of creatures caused by the global flood, one could find the same species living in distant places. Somehow, we don’t.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Akragon

I'm Christian.
Literal belief in the old testament myths isn't a requirement of Christianity.
Fortunately, a requirement to believe in those isn't necessary for salvation.
Otherwise, the majority of Christians wouldn't 'make it' to Heaven.
Cuz' most don't believe the stories literally.
edit on 3/20/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Noah didn't take all the animals onto an ark.. he was given their DNA in a gold box.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

vivid1975
Noah didn't take all the animals onto an ark.. he was given their DNA in a gold box.

Well that's more in line with some of the Sumerian stuff, eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

randyvs
If I write a story about," the old man and the sea" does that make it the old mans story?

If I write down a story that's proven wrong and claim God told me it's the truth, does that make it God's story?
It certainly doesn't change the fact that the story is dead wrong, no matter who claims God told it to them.

More fun facts to talk about ....
MATHEMATICAL Proof that it is absolutely impossible for the world wide flood to have happened.
Oh .. and math doesn't 'change on a dime' ... math is absolute fact. It's the language of the universe.

Could Noahs' Ark Have Actually Happened?

If the 2350 date were correct, then human civilization would’ve had to undergo an extreme population explosion in the millenium following the flood. According to Biblical sources, there would have been millions of Jews leaving Egypt, so assuming a global population of 40 million around that time (~1350 BC), and comparing that to global population estimates later in history (an estimated 200+ million by 0 AD), would require an incredibly high population growth between 2350 BC and 1350 BC (5,000,000 fold increase in 1,000 years), and a much lower population growth after 1350 BC – usually less than 5 fold population growth within any 1,000 year period between 1350 BC and 1800 AD.

(4) Genetic evidence shows that human beings are far too genetically diverse to be descended from a single family in 2350 B.C. If Noah’s Ark were true, then all men alive today would’ve gotten their Y-chromosomes from Noah, and all human mitochondrial DNA would come from Noah’s wife and the three daughter-in-laws. Studies of the human Y-Chromosome show that you’d need far more than 4,300 years to accumulate that many mutations. Human beings could not be descended from a single male in 2350 B.C. What the studies show, instead, is that, in order to explain the number of mutations in the human Y-Chromosome, you have to allow for roughly 60,000-90,000 years. Similarly, human mitochondrial DNA requires roughly 160,000 years to accumulate that many mutations — showing that Eve could not have lived 6,000 years ago as the Bible says.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

vivid1975

Which would make that an alien spaceship story .. not a story from 4300 bc Earthlings. But even if it's a space ship story, the information I gave shows that absolutely no 'world wide flood' took place. At least not at any time since 160,000 bc. And humanoids that far back couldn't build boats anyways ... or do math .... etc etc

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again it isn't semantics. I know damn well how long you've been here
and I didn't say you honestly believe Noah wrote the G-D story AK.

But I did assume you may have tried to trip me up with what I know to
be an old joke. If that wasn't the case say so, I won't argue with you
I'll believe you.

Here's how the joke goes. It's in the form of a question.

How many books of the Bible did Noah write?
The average person on the street will try to guess usually 3 or 4 or 5
when the answer is none. That's all I meant by what I said so for
God sakes get over it.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait til we're faced with denying Christ?
That's when you'll really see something, my good man.
edit on Rpm32014v50201400000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

None of reasoning can make a Flying flock to me.
You don't get that yet?
edit on Rpm32014v182014u14 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people.

--Dr. Gregory House M.D. (from the TV show "House")

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

There it is there. Perfect.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

randyvs
None of reasoning can make a Flying flock to me.

You said it. Admitting a problem is the first step. Kudos to you for admitting that you are unreasonable and closed minded to facts that don't run in line with your indoctrination.

You don't get that yet?

Yes, we figured out that you are unreasonable from the start.
That's not going to stop us from posting the truth.
Someday it'll sink in. Eventually a light bulb will go on for you ....

Oh .. and you aren't the only one reading this thread.
Others are reading and learning. The facts are good for them as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just one thing, I don't see it as a problem.
You do.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

At least you are honest about your position randy. I can respect that.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join