It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon, spying E.T base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The moon.

It's almost like a father to us. It orbits around ourselves 24/7 and illuminates our darkest nights. It affects our environment and even our psyche. And just like a father who keep parts of his life untold and hidden from his children, the moon only shows one side of itselfs, keeping the other side completely hidden from human's eyes... forever.

One day, a very strange thought struck me. What if the moon was used by some E.T entities to study and keep an eye on us? Wouldn't it be the perfect observatory outpost? If they already came here in the past, it would make sense to think they established somekind of permanent base. It's the best way of keeping observing a civilization... through their most closest solar system companion. Of couse, with today's technology, we have come as far as seing the 'dark side of the moon', but what did we really see there?

Maybe this idea came from somewhere in my youth when I watched this awesome TV show: Beast War.
Take a look at the first minutes of this video to understand the idea of moon spybase/weapon -

How could we know if we are being watched if it is from inside the moon, I wonder?

edit on 27-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ummm...okay.
This proves the existence of one thing I didn't believe.
Someone actually watched Beast Wars.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I guess it'd be fun watching humans with so much power, love and technology destroy the world over money and, well...more power. Humans are just greedy and do what they can do gain more power. I mean really it just takes the right guys who have a brain and heart to set their countries right instead of raking in money from the poorest and richest

Anyways, aliens I guess will be far more advanced than humans, and sure they could study us, but might get a bit bored watching us argue about stopping two guys or girls from marrying each other and what not.

edit on 272013Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:56:01 -060027pm11Wednesday56pm11 by Jordanliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

St0rD
The moon.

One day, a very strange thought struck me. What if the moon was used by some E.T entities to study and keep an eye on us? Wouldn't it be the perfect observatory outpost? If they already came here in the past, it would make sense to think they established somekind of permanent base. It's the best way of keeping observing a civilization... through their most closest solar system companion.

Well other than the fact that there are objects that would be just as good to set up shop on from their perspective to do the same thing. The moon because it is so big and bright would get our attention but an object like this one.....

Earth's "2nd Moon"? 3753 Cruithne

Or this one....

2010 TK7

Were not found until very recently. They are small, dark, and follow the Earth.

They are called quasi-moons or quasi-satellites and you can read more about them here:
Does Earth have a second moon? - Earth Sky

Those would be a lot harder for us to find and get to than the moon and those orbits are stable over thousands of years if not millions.

But what would be the point? If you can come across the many light years to get here why create a "base" on a surface of a moon or asteroid at all?

Why not simply park your ship or probe or whatever in a stable orbit and make it really dark? There would be far less chance of us discovering something smaller than an asteroid with a really low albedo parked at one of the lagrange points.

In fact, one Scottish astronomer, Ducan Lunan once thought we might have detected such a probe:

Astronomer Duncan Lunan and the Epsilon Bootes "Message"

Of couse, with today's technology, we have come as far as seing the 'dark side of the moon',

Dark SIde of the Moon was a Pink Floyd album and nothing more.

There is no "Dark Side of the Moon" there is the far side of the moon opposite of the one we see.

Basic Astronomy....

Some astronomers grimace or roll their eyes when they hear someone talk about the dark side of the moon (unless they're also Pink Floyd fans). The popularity of the phrase means that there's ample opportunity for people to jump to the wrong conclusion. Part of the problem is the fact that we always see the same side of the moon. Another part concerns a general misunderstanding regarding the cause of the phases of the moon. But mostly, it's a problem with terminology.

This isn't a hard problem to fix, though. We just need to take a closer look at how the moon moves through space. But first, let's deal with the terminology. There are several terms we can use instead of the dark side of the moon that are much less confusing.

Continue reading here: What and where is the dark side of the moon? - HowStuffWorks.com

but what did we really see there?

A lot of craters (more than on the side that faces us. Rocks and that's pretty much it. For now.

But..... If you want to look for alien stuff on the far side of the moon or anywhere else on the moon there may be a citizen science program you can participate in. You'd basically go through Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter imagery marking anything that looks artificial.

"SETI to Scour the Moon for Alien Footprints?" - Discovery News

edit on 27-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Ok I never knew we had other moon like objects orbiting us. Nice... A good day is a day when you learn at least one new thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

One day, a very strange thought struck me. What if the moon was used by some E.T entities to study and keep an eye on us?

Hate to burst your creative bubble...but that idea is almost as old as the first telescopes

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I went to the moon once astrally and it was loaded with human like ET"s. They definitely had a permanent base there under ground, and sure as hell weren't pleased i was there. I got about 30 seconds in before i found myself back in my body. Never bothered to try again, i saw enough!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I don't doubt that Aliens might be on the moon all the past posts of altered NASA images of structures on the moon and the Secret Space programs that have been going on and the intercepted Radio transmissions by Ham Radio operators "I am one myself" of Astronauts saying there are Alien ships watching us on the Moon etc. This information is not to be released to us because according to TPTB "we can't handle the truth" plus maybe TPTB have some deal with the ET's. And another thing if our Governments have made a Deal with the ET's How did they Communicate? Did ET's speak our language? I am very curious about that. Well Good Luck. We have been Lied to since the beginning of time and I Truly feel they TPTB will NEVER tell us anything in regards to the Moon or ET's. And it makes sense that it would be a Great place to spy on humans and that the ET's would fly back and forth to earth abduct us for their experiments and bring us back since it is so close. And the idea of a second moon I don't know nor do I doubt it. Like I said who is going to tell us the Truth. All the Best and Happy Thanksgiving to All on ATS.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I came to this conclusion watching this Michael Jackson video last year.

You will see on the video screens around the ship it says things like, habitation, malls. etc.

But he also makes reference to the fact that it is surreal, by referring to Andy Warhol.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

JadeStar

Well other than the fact that there are objects that would be just as good to set up shop on from their perspective to do the same thing. The moon because it is so big and bright would get our attention but an object like this one.....

Those would be a lot harder for us to find and get to than the moon and those orbits are stable over thousands of years if not millions.

But what would be the point? If you can come across the many light years to get here why create a "base" on a surface of a moon or asteroid at all?

edit on 27-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Nice gifs but I gotta tell ya, your almost proving his point. You are displaying that in fact we do have moons or quasi-moons that are a better representation of the typical size moon in comparison of its host planet size.

When looking at our actual "moon" we find it to be way larger than the standard average of moon to planet ratio.

So how big is our moon in comparison? Earth’s moon is the fifth largest moon. In comparison to the relatively small size of Earth though, it is extremely large. In fact, it is the largest moon with regards to the relative size of its planet.

moonphases.info...

Perhaps the oversized moon is in fact artificial and designed as a spying satellite. Do I prescribe to this theory, no, but it makes one wonder.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The moon and the great barrier reef are the same size and the moon is the same composition of the earth. I don't believe in pangea or darwin, the moon crashed into earth and started life. The aliens sent it here.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There was a thread before on the moon mysteries. One of them was that the moon, as a planetoid, existed before the Earth began to form (i.e. it is much older than Earth). iirc there are no decent theories to explain how it came into our orbit - one of the theories was that Aliens towed it here.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

It would be fascinating to hear a little more about what you saw in those thirty seconds.. This thread is a speculation on the possibility of an ET base, and you claim to have direct experience (albeit by unconventional means, however one which I do believe in as a real phenomenon) - please share a little?

Thanks,

FITO

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Another funky fact about the Moon is that it is 400 times smaller than the Sun, but 400 times closer to us than the Sun, and hence the possibility of a true solar eclipse is born, for they are both the exact same size from Human perspective down here on 'insignificant little Earth'.

It is somewhat telling to have such a whopping 'coincidence' of the numbers involved. Astronomical coincidence.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

Nice gifs but I gotta tell ya, your almost proving his point. You are displaying that in fact we do have moons or quasi-moons that are a better representation of the typical size moon in comparison of its host planet size.

When looking at our actual "moon" we find it to be way larger than the standard average of moon to planet ratio.

Because it was formed due to collision not due to capture......

BTW... ever look at Pluto and Charon?

Perhaps the oversized moon is in fact artificial and designed as a spying satellite. Do I prescribe to this theory, no, but it makes one wonder.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

Perhaps Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are actually really aliens.... (facepalm)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Pluto isn't a "natural" planet. It's not a coincidence that the first set of planets before the asteroid belt or destroyed planet are all rock planets and the subsequent planets thereafter gas giants. Then you have Pluto....../song "one of these things just doesn't belong here. One of these things are not like the others."

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

Pluto isn't a "natural" planet. It's not a coincidence that the first set of planets before the asteroid belt or destroyed planet are all rock planets and the subsequent planets thereafter gas giants. Then you have Pluto....../song "one of these things just doesn't belong here. One of these things are not like the others."

You missed the point. Of course Pluto is a dwarf planet. However it likely got its moon the same way we got ours, through collision.

Moons are not all created equal, I am in astronomy. I look at planet formation models all the time and you'd be surprised the diversity of moons that can be created any number of ways.

Our moon was formed by collision with a another large planet sized object around the time our solar system was forming. We can see this happening right now around other young stars like Beta Pictoris, Vega, etc its not uncommon in the universe.

Moons like the moons of Mars are likely captured asteroids.

The large moons of Jupiter formed out of either capture or accretion at the time the planet formed.

edit on 28-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

JadeStar

You missed the point.

Pretty sure you missed mine too

Moons are not all created equal, I am in astronomy. I look at planet formation models all the time and you'd be surprised the diversity of moons that can be created any number of ways.

Our moon was formed by collision with a another large planet sized object around the time our solar system was forming. We can see this happening right now around other young stars like Beta Pictoris, Vega, etc its not uncommon in the universe.

Yes I would agree and is aligned with the writings of the ancient Sumerians in their epic of creation. Again, if you re-read my original post, I state I don't prescribe to the idea that the moon is an artificial satellite. Only that it is very anomalous by comparison and not only from a size ratio. That was simply one example of the uniqueness of our moon. Of course that doesn't make it and artificial extraterrestrial spy and thought dampener satellite.
that said, I recall a time when the world was flat by the experts. Ones credentials doesn't necessarily impress me. I was speaking to an "astronomer" the other day atop mauna kea and I wasn't all that impressed. Seemed a little close minded.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

JadeStar

1. Those would be a lot harder for us to find and get to than the moon and those orbits are stable over thousands of years if not millions.

2. But what would be the point? If you can come across the many light years to get here why create a "base" on a surface of a moon or asteroid at all?

3. Dark SIde of the Moon was a Pink Floyd album and nothing more.

There is no "Dark Side of the Moon" there is the far side of the moon opposite of the one we see.

Basic Astronomy....

1- I completely agree with you on this one but the point of this thread is to discuss whether or not the idea of a alien moon base is plausible. From this perspective, if E.T came here thousand of years ago, they had plently of time to build an observation technology and hide it for... well, thousand of years. You know how long it took us to first put our feet on the grey rock.

2. The answer to that question seems very logical to me. The moon is orbiting us 24/7, that means a very distant race has an immediate and precise view on our world. They don't need to move at all to study us. Isn't it a damn good reason?

3. Please tell me you know that when you use the symbol '' '' around a word or a sentence, like in this case 'the dark side of the moon', it means you are using an expression. It's a little bit surprising you thought useful to explain it all, when I was just trying to express the obvious: we only see one side of the moon.

Dark or not, it makes no difference my friend, my point is still the same.

new topics

top topics

join