It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops. Need some Oklahoma (Libertarian) relocation advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
*sigh* Things went sideways and they're moving a bunch of us to Oklahoma instead of Texas. Mostly Oklahoma City area ...

Thoughts on Edmond? Any other suggestions in that area for good community, schooling, etc. w/ a decent anti-Statist bent? :-D

(Original thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Hope for better/stable luck this time. Cheers, -Mags

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Edmond is a nice city. Close to OK city. Not a lot of crime. The river walk in ok city is awesome. Just get used to 3 point beer. Oh..........and allergies. I live just north of Tulsa. If you need any good advice on restaurants or bars just hollar. Boomer Sooner!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Just watch out for Oklahoma drivers.
They are pretty bad.
Not angry or dumb.
They just seem to be a bit too much on the wild side.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OKC isn't bad. Good people, easy livin, good music, beautiful women, great social and art scene, horrible weather.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I live in OKC and work in Edmond. OKC is cheaper to live and there are lots of jobs. Edmond is a wealthier area. I've lived in both cities. You'll love it here.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How horrible is this weather? I see comments ranging from moderately worse storms that are overstated to truly ground-shaking storms that make Florida thunder seem tame. Winter looks easy there in comparison to other places I've lived.

And what's with the intense lack of basements and safe rooms? If it was that bad wouldn't there be more of those?

Horrible drivers? Heh. Well at this point after long stints in Bangalore and elsewhere I'm fairly certain I'll survive OK drivers too. ;-)

Sounds like it's a nice - if a bit "classic" America - at times place. Good for raising a family. Thanks for the feedback, Cheers, -Mags

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Insurrection
How horrible is this weather?

It's bad enough that I wouldn't live there.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

olaru12

Insurrection
How horrible is this weather?

It's bad enough that I wouldn't live there.

I'm not sure those odds are enough to call it a day. I meant more generally - not an epic Tornado per se. We'll see as I'm not sure I have a say anymore. I'll likely invest in an anchored safe room early on though. Cheers, -Mags

top topics

join