It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And yet another Unconstitutional Push against the 2nd Amendment

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Uh huh and what about delusional people making weapons in their houses?

This is something that's going to happen. The old saying you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs is very relevant here. The Second Amendment is frankly too important to water it down over a few shootings. It's unfortunate that this is happening but everyone should recognize the boiling frog technique for what it is by now.

Obama's crocodile tears on TV should tell you something. These people do not really care about the people who die in shootings. They're just using them.
edit on 3-12-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by Galvatron

crimepreventionresearchcenter.org...

Need I say more???

really? you use this organization as some type of renowned research organization?....their treasurer is ted Nugent.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Now that is the best line of the week.

Does Biden write your retorts?

So, drug laws have "slowed" drug use you say. You clearly are trolling the thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Oh, so now there are laws regarding this. Sounds very much like you just contradicted yourself.

So, who follows said laws, loop holes and all?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Why take chances??? Ummm. because you can't predict the future, nor can you legislate what ifs and maybes.

You sounds very much like a person that looks to Govt to provide all securities, in exchange for rights and freedoms being handed over.

You must be a very scared little person of the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do the numbers come from Ted???? Or are they still numbers pulled from sources???

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

*Sighs*

I do care about stopping those events. And yes, those events ARE a drop in the bucket. You're confusing my saying they're a statistical anomaly with not caring about them. You're focusing on the wrong metric.

Please explain to me how of the ~11,000 murders by firearms in the US, 8,900 are attributed to inner-city gang violence. That is to say, criminals killing criminals. Typically in cities with pretty stiff firearm laws.

www.cdc.gov...

Does it say how many of the 40% obtained their guns illegally? How much you wanna bet that they received an "enhanced sentence" because the gun was illegal or it was already illegal for them to own? How many fall in line with the cdc document?

You're wanting to place laws on the subjective, it seems, and in doing so promoting legislation against a constitutional guarantee.

There are actually state limits on how many firearms you can sell out of a private collection in personal transactions before it's considered a commercial transaction.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Galvatron
reply to post by rickm

*Sighs*

I do care about stopping those events. And yes, those events ARE a drop in the bucket. You're confusing my saying they're a statistical anomaly with not caring about them. You're focusing on the wrong metric.

But you see. They were counting on you getting so emotionally overwhelmed by the tragedy represented by dead kids in the classroom that you would not bother to think rationally and realize that as tragic as it may be, it's statistically insignificant.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

show me where i said there are zero laws for this.
there aren't many...and they are weak

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

insignificant?

these are happening at a rate of 2 or 3 a year. multiple people killed in public spots with (mostly) legally purchased guns by people who shouldn't have them.

2 or 3 a year is not insignificant.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The federal government does not make laws for the several states. This becomes obvious when one reads and understands the constitution. If that is too difficult (don't mean that as insulting, just was a different time and different words), then the federal government has put it in their code, and they spell it out completely. This code is Title 18 Section 7, Special maritime and Territorial jurisdiction of the United States defined. It says three times, in about a page and half that this jurisdiction does NOT extend into any of the particular states.

trac.syr.edu...

Please read it, and know, they are BSing us all.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

The average number of firearm related justifiable homicides per year in the US by citizens is about 300. The average for police is about 400. That's 700 people a year killed by people legally defending themselves (although I am suspicious about the police ones but that's another thread).

www.bjs.gov...=27

The average number of firearm related homicides involved in mass shootings is about 25 a year.

www.fbi.gov...

Gang related homicide by firearm is ~8900 a year, or ~81% of gun related murder. Justifiable homicide by firearm is ~700 a year and represents 6.4% of the total, that is cops and citizens combined. Mass shootings averaging about 25 deaths a year represent 2 tenths of a percent. Statistical anomaly. No, it is not a problem, not rampant, not compared to gang related murder and all the socioeconomic challenges that represents. Mass killings are quite literally a rare and insignificant occurance from a statistics perspective. A drop in the bucket.

Your claim that it is a big problem is false. It s a problem, but a relatively small one. There are so many more important ones that I'm not going to promote legislating against a constitutional guarantee for that two tenths of a percent.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

rickm
reply to post by macman

only in a few states are their laws restricting private gun sales.
in my state i can open a paper and buy a gun from an ad. no questions asked.
only 13 states require any checks on who purchases guns in private sales.

in most states you can walk up to a person on the street and sell a gun. no questions asked.

So, there you have it.

"Only in a few states are their laws restricting private gun sales". So all other states it is open season with no rules.

Again. You are the most uneducated person here.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Oh, here you go. Another study showing a rise in gun sales, lower crime rates.

www.fas.org...

And again, you prove you are the least educated person here.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

beezzer

intrepid
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Uh huh and what about delusional people making weapons in their houses? I've been following this arms BS for the whole thing. The gun crowd says it's mental health issues. But by your definition you can't touch the sick. IT'S YOUR RIGHT. Can't have it both ways man.

How many delusional people have been making weapons in their houses?

Names?

My ex husband with a severe mental disorder who managed to get a weapon by assembling parts.

So needless to say, I am all for, for people needing permission to assemble weapons.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh, so he committed a crime with said firearm?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The rise in gun sales is the same loonies buying ten more guns for themselves. The guns are being concentrated in fewer households. The number of households that have guns is declining.

It is true that the states with the strictest gun laws have lower incidents of gun violence.

The gun ownership rate has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s, according to data from the General Social Survey, a public opinion survey conducted every two years that asks a sample of American adults if they have guns at home, among other questions.

NY Times

The only people who are uneducated are the gun nuts.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

With this particular gun? No.

With other guns? Yes, he has threatened people.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh, so he really committed no crime with it then. Yeah, sounds like a big problem that needs a new law.

As for threatening??? I have been threatened with a baseball bat, should we outlaw those as well for the "Mentally unstable"?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

macman

Oh, so he really committed no crime with it then. Yeah, sounds like a big problem that needs a new law.

As for threatening??? I have been threatened with a baseball bat, should we outlaw those as well for the "Mentally unstable"?

Nice try. Just shows how crazy the gun nuts are, with no concern for the rights of other people, just their ability to own weapons that kill.

Threatening someone with a gun is a felony. Threatening someone with bodily harm is a criminal offense.

I saw someone go to jail for hitting someone with a pepper shaker.

Using the baseball bat is nothing but a non sequitur of the desperate.
edit on 4-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join